Rape accused Hollywood mogul, Harvey Weinstein is in a deeper mess with popular actresses coming out to say they were sexually harassed by him.
The 65-year-old film producer has been accused of sexually harassing a number of female employees for almost three decades. In the wake of the accusations making the rounds, a report posted by The New York Times newspaper says actress Gwyneth Paltrow has claimed she was also sexually harassed by the veteran.
According to her story, she was harassed at the age of 22 when she was hired to star in ‘Emma’. As an aspiring actress, Gwyneth didn’t have a voice to speak out at the time.
The publication explained that Harvey placed his hands on the blonde beauty’s shoulders and suggested they head to the hotel room for massages.
“I was a kid, I was signed up, I was petrified,” said Gwyneth, now 45.
Notwithstanding, she claims to have refused the alleged advances and told her then-boyfriend Brad Pitt, who confronted the producer at a film premiere.
Similarly, Angelina Jolie also told the paper that she has had her own share of harassment from the producer.
“I had a bad experience with Harvey Weinstein in my youth, and as a result, chose never to work with him again and warn others when they did,” Jolie said in an email to the Times. “This behavior towards women in any field, any country is unacceptable.”
These claims have a significant effect on the unfolding scandal surrounding Weinstein, who was fired on Sunday from the Weinstein Co. It was the second new development of allegations against Weinstein on Tuesday. Earlier, The New Yorker published a report, detailing a story in which three women accused Weinstein of raping them.
Consequently, the Weinstein Co. board of directors, which includes Weinstein’s brother Bob, issued a statement late Tuesday, denying any link to the allegations.
“These alleged actions are antithetical to human decency. These allegations come as an utter surprise to the board. Any suggestion that the board had knowledge of this conduct is false,” the four-member board said in a statement.
“We are committed to assisting with our full energies in all criminal or other investigations of these alleged acts while pursuing justice for the victims and a full and independent investigation of our own.”
Following his removal from the company, Hollywood stars and high profile personalities have expressed disgust over the issue.
Statement from Secretary Clinton on Harvey Weinstein: pic.twitter.com/L1l2wl9l0I
— Nick Merrill (@NickMerrill) October 10, 2017
Also, the Obamas whose oldest daughter Malia reportedly interned with the company earlier this year released a joint statement on Tuesday evening expressing disgust with Weinstein.
“Any man who demeans and degrades women in such fashion needs to be condemned and held accountable, regardless of wealth or status. We should celebrate the courage of women who have come forward to tell these painful stories,” the statement said.
“I am saddened and angry that a man who I worked with used his position of power to intimidate, sexually harass and manipulate many women over decades,” Ben Affleck wrote in a statement Tuesday.”
@benaffleck “GODDAMNIT! I TOLD HIM TO STOP DOING THAT” you said that to my face. The press conf I was made to go to after assault. You lie.
— rose mcgowan (@rosemcgowan) October 10, 2017
Harvey’s wife of 10 years has left him amid allegations of sexually harassing women for almost three decades.