Nobody likes the idea of getting disconnected from enjoying the endless entertainment DStv subscription has to offer and the network company also doesn’t want any of their customers to have to go through this. They have therefore made it possible for users to track their subscriptions by providing platforms for subscribers to check their balance and payment due date. To take customer satisfaction a step forward, DStv has also provided a number of easy methods with which their subscribers can access their account details which will include information about their DStv account balance and due date. If you are not already familiar with how this works, then it is nothing to worry about, just consider reading to the end.
How Can I Check My DStv Account Balance?
There are many ways of checking your DStv account balance without having to visit a DStv office. You can do this with your phone. Getting to know all the methods and how they work is very important to enable you to decide what works for you at any given time. The methods for checking your DStv account balance include the following:
- You can check your DStv account balance on your DStv mobile app.
- Your subscription balance is also accessible on the self-service portal.
- It is also possible to check your balance on WhatsApp.
- You can check your balance via SMS or USSD code.
You Can Check Your Account Balance Using The DStv Mobile App
The DStv mobile app was built to enable subscribers to perform a wide range of functions which includes checking your DStv subscription account balance, here is how it works:
- Download the DStv mobile app on Google Play Store or App Store (for Andriod and iPhone users respectively).
- Launch the app.
- Enter the mobile number or surname name you used to register your decoder.
- Enter your smartcard number.
- To log in to your account, click on the ‘Sign in’ button
- Immediately you log in, you will be welcomed with a display of your dashboard which contains your subscription balance.
You Can Also Check Your DStv Account Balance Online
Another very easy method of checking your balance is the online self-service portal. Just like the app, the portal was also built to make it possible for subscribers to perform many services on their own. Here is how to check your account balance online with ease:
- From your browser, log in to the official DStv website.
- Tap on the menu bar at the top right corner of the homepage.
- Select your country.
- Tap on Login at the top right corner of the page.
- Enter your surname or the mobile number you used to register the account.
- Enter your smartcard number.
- Tap on ‘Login’.
- Your account dashboard – which will have your account balance – will be displayed on your screen.
How To Check Your DSTV Account Balance Via USSD Code
One of the easiest methods of checking your DSTV account balance is the use of USSD code. All you need to do is dial *120*68584# on your mobile phone and follow the prompt. Alternatively, you can call a DStv customer care agent on 083 900 3788 or 011 289 2222 to request your account balance. While calling, ensure that you keep your ID or smartcard number handy and provide them with accurate information to help the agent serve you efficiently.
How To Check Your DStv Payment Due Date
Checking your DStv account balance works hand in hand with checking your subscription due date. Just like checking your balance, there are different methods of checking your payment due date.
You Can Check Your DStv Subscription Due Date Online
Another thing you can do easily on the DStv self-service portal is to check your due date. The process is very similar to checking your balance, and here is how it works:
- Login to DStv official website.
- Click on the menu bar at the top right corner of the page.
- Select your resident country (South Africa).
- Click on ‘Login’.
- Enter the phone number or surname you used to register the account.
- Input your scratchcard number.
- To sign in to your account, click on ‘Login’.
- Your dashboard which contains your account balance will be displayed. Through this, you can know your due date.
You Can Also Check Your Due Date Using The DStv Mobile App
The DStv mobile application is also a good place to check your payment due date. To make use of the app, you will have to first download, install and register your account on it. After you have done this, here is how to check your payment due date using the app:
- Open the DStv mobile app on your phone.
- Input the phone number or surname you used to register your decoder.
- Enter your smartcard number.
- To login to your DStv account, tap on ‘Sign in’.
- Your dashboard will display on your screen.
- On your dashboard, you can find your payment due date.
Alternatively, You Can Use The USSD Code Or Call A Customer Care Agent To Check Your Due Date
You can also check your due date by dialing *120*68584# on your mobile phone, follow the prompts until your payment due date is displayed or sent to you. You can also call the DStv customer care agent on 083 900 3788 or 011 289 2222, and provide all relevant information that will be needed to assist you.
Why Do I Always Have To Check My DStv Subscription Balance And Due Date?
Usually, a DStv subscription has a validity of 30 days before it expires and your decoder is disconnected. The basic reason why it is important for you to always check your balance is to avoid disconnection. Aside from the fact that you will be interrupted from enjoying the entertainment, if your account is disconnected, you will have to pay a reconnection fee.
Typically, the reconnection fee is R50 but it also depends on what DStv decides. However, by checking your account balance and due date, you will be able to keep track of your payment and renew it before it expires.
To save yourself the stress, you can simply pay for 12 months in advance if you can afford it. This way, you won’t have to worry about checking your balance and due date every week or month. If you can’t afford it, make use of the methods above to keep track of your payment.
How Do I Know If My DStv Subscription Has Expired?
To know if your DStv account has expired, you will have to check your account balance and subscription due date, your account will expire on the date you see on your dashboard.