A group of ANC Youth League (ANCYL) members led by Ronald Lamola have issued a warning to ANC NEC stating that failure to recall Zuma this weekend will force the society to rally together and remove him.
Reports have it that not fewer than 30 people will picket outside St George’s hotel in Irene where the ANC will be holding its NEC conference to demand the removal of South Africa’s President. According to the reports, ANC Youth League member Ronald Lamola, who is part of the group says it is the last chance for the NEC to recall Mr Zuma.
Lamola reportedly stated that “this is the last warning shot to the ANC to say that if they don’t fire him or remove him this weekend, society must stand up and remove him.
We are saying the ANC NEC must be pressured to recall President Zuma as the President of the country and call a special national Congress before the end of this year,” Lamola charged.
BuzzSouthAfrica has re-collected from speculations within ANC and Gupta-owned New Age and ANN7 media publication that the under-listed ANC members are those working to ensure that Zuma remains the President of South Africa.
- ANC Youth League President – Collen Maine
- ANC Women’s League President – Bathabile Dlamini
- KwaZulu Natal Provincial Chair – Sihle Zikalala
- Free State Premier – Ace Magashule
- North West Premier – Supra Mahumapelo
- Mpumalanga Premier – David Mabuza
Whereas those listed beneath are the ones campaigning for his removal.
- Deputy President – Cyril Ramaphosa
- Secretary General – Gwede Mantashe
- Deputy Secretary General – Solly Mapaila
- Minister in the Presidency – Jeff Radebe
- ANC National Spokesperson – Zizi Kodwa
- Minister of Small Business Development – Lindiwe Zulu
- Health Minister – Aaron Motsoaledi
- Minister of Science and Technology – Naledi Pandor
- Minister of Water and Sanitation – Nomvula Mokanyane