The thrill of netting a goal in football is overwhelming. And, the more dramatic, daring and spectacular a goal is, the greater the thrill.
That was why Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) introduced the FIFA Puskas Award in 2009 to honour footballers judged to have scored the most beautiful goal of the year.
FIFA, after going through thousands of goals from around the world between 30 September 2015 and 30 September 2016, released a shortlist of the top 10 best goals of 2016.
Checkout the goals nominated as 2016’s best in the world of soccer:
1. Mario Gaspar (ESP) – 13.11.2015, Spain v. England, international friendly
2. Hlompho Kekana (RSA) – 26.03.2016, Cameroon v. South Africa, Africa Cup of Nations qualifier
3. Marlone (BRA) – 21.04.2016, Corinthians v. Cobresal, Copa Libertadores
4. Lionel Messi (ARG) – 21.06.2016, USA v. Argentina, Copa América Centenario semi-final
5. Neymar (BRA) – 08.11.2015, Barcelona v. Villarreal, La Liga (Spain)
6. Saúl Ñíguez (ESP) – 27.04.2016, Atlético Madrid v. Bayern Munich, UEFA Champions League
7. Hal Robson-Kanu (WAL) – 01.07.2016, Wales v. Belgium, UEFA EURO 2016
8. Daniuska Rodríguez (VEN) – 14.03.2016, Venezuela v. Colombia, South American U-17 Women’s Football Championship
9. Simon Skrabb (FIN) – 31.10.2015, Gefle v. Åtvidaberg, Allsvenskan league, Sweden
10. Mohd Faiz Subri (MAS) – 16.02.2016, Penang v. Pahang, Malaysia Super League
FIFA related that fans have until 2 December to cast their first vote for their favorite goal.
Read Also: We’re Sorry Italy Crushed Us – Springboks
“…On that date, the shortlist will be reduced to the three most popular goals, according to the votes received up to that point. Voting will then re-open, allowing you to select your favourite goal from the three finalists.
“The goal that receives the most votes during the second round of voting will be named Goal of the Year, and the scorer will be presented with the award at the ceremony in Zurich,” stated FIFA.
You can vote for your fav goal here.