Generator Fumes May Have Killed These 5 People In Their New Home

Advertisement

In a recent unfortunate incident, five people in Mdantsane had their lives cut short after reportedly inhaling a lot of carbon monoxide from generator fumes.

The people suffocated to death after going to sleep with a generator running in the bathroom while the doors and windows were closed. Thus, the poisonous carbon monoxide from generator took away their lives.

Read: Pics: We Have Proof That Cassper’s 2016 Was Lit

According to Eastern Cape police, the toxic generator fumes from the petrol generator spread through Nondlaliso Phephani’s new two-bedroom RDP house in Ilinge township in Mdantsane’s NU3. Apparently, the fumes had no open space to escape from. Thus, they filtered into the house and suffocated the occupants.

Due to the daily increase in theft, relatives believe that the generator had been placed in the house to prevent it from being stolen. Unfortunately, their efforts to save the generator led to their own death.

Consequently, Phephani‚ her son Xolani Komu‚ 46‚ his girlfriend Maider‚ the family’s helper Nomikiza Ngweventsha‚ 52‚ and family friend Zoleka Duba‚ 60‚ were found dead in the house. Their bodies were only found by Phephani’s nephew Xolile Somtsora at 7am on Wednesday.



Since everyone in the house died in the tragic incident, it is not easy to say exactly when the five victims succumbed to the fumes.

There was an outburst of emotions as their bodies were taken away shortly after 10am on Wednesday by two Mdantsane state mortuary vans. Family members and neighbours gathered to mourn the dead.

Read: OMG! Rats Feast On 3-Month-Old Baby After Mom Left Her Home Alone

Similarly, in the Katlehong township in Johannesburg, a 3-month-old baby girl was eaten alive by giant rats after her mother left her alone at home all night.

Her 26-year-old mother returned home during the early hours of the next morning to the horrific scene in their East Rand home. Fortunately, the baby girl’s twin brother, named Lucky, was lucky indeed as he escaped a similar painful death. Lucky was out with his mother on her all-night drinking binge.