A glance at the 2016 top 16 Idols SA contestants will show you how rough the road has really been for both judges and contestants.
Apparently, it couldn’t have been easy narrowing down the nearly 80 Golden Ticket holders to a mere 16. Thus, as the Golden Ticket holders descended on to the Wild Coast Sun in Port Edward, KwaZulu-Natal, they learned that the road to fame is not a smooth one.
Subsequently, they juggled through several stages to ascertain vistory. They agonised over song choice, had to choose complementary singing partners, practiced day and night, received professional advice from voice coaches.
Finally, they stood in front of the judges on actual stage and under the limelight.
Nevertheless, the judges have succeeded in fishing out the 2016 top 16 Idols SA contestants. The decision was tough, but had to be made and one of the top 16 will be crowned the Idols SA Season 12 winner.
Here are our 2016 Top 16 Idols SA Contestants
- Nontobeko ‘Luke’ Ntombela, 27; from Escort in KZN. She is a waitress at Primi Piatti. Win or lose, she has her eyes set on stardom.
- Tebogo Louw, 24; from Stellenbosch. He’s a full-time musician and hopes to land a recording deal from his experience on Idols.
- Simphiwe Shobede, 28; from Mtubatuba in KZN. Plans to get back to his life as a full-time musician, actor and presenter irrespective of what Idols SA brings.
- Sgherdeed Ross, 28; The Reiger Park, Boksburg, singer plans to make the most of the opportunity given to her.
- Keegan Martin, 23; from Gauteng, ditched his job as a senior consultant at an insurance company to pursue Idols SA.
- Siyakhanya Tshayela, 23; from Vosloorus, on the East Rand. Dreams of opening a musical organisation for upcoming musicians where she can give vocal lessons.
- Lucia Jakeni, 26; from Everton North, Vereeniging. Plans to go back to school after Idols to study music and social services.
- Amanda Kunene, 22; from Durban North. Currently studying towards an Honours Degree in Music at the University of KwaZulu- Natal.
- Sanele Simphiwe Mkhize, 21; from Ntumaza in KZN. Currently studying Ecological Tourism at Durban University of Technology. However, he took a break to contest for Idols SA.
- Valentine Mathe, 20; from Mamelodi, outside Pretoria. She is a full-time musician, but wants to study Journalism at a college after Idols.
- Nomalungelo Noxolo Khumalo, 22; from Pietermaritzburg, KZN. Looks forward to completing her Bachelor of Education at Unisa after Idols.
- Nosihe Zama Zulu, 28; lives in Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal. Studying music at the University of Durban at the Howard Campus.
- Thamsanqa Vuyo Thabile Mathonisi, 20; A second year Music and Drama student at University of KwaZulu Natal.
- Lusanda Beja, 25; Lives in Gugulethu, Cape Town. He has just completed his National Diploma in Marketing Management at MSC Business College. Hopes to pursue music full time after Idols.
- Bevin Samuels, 19; from Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape. Aside being the youngest of all the contestant, he is also the baby of his family.
- Tersius “Terra” Kocks, 28; from Eden Park, Alberton, in Gauteng. A part-time singer and songwriter. Hopes to get a career boost through Idols.