Buying airtime with ABSA has never been easier. Aside from the fact that network providers like MTN, Vodacom, Telkom, and others have provided so many methods of buying airtime on their platforms, they have also partnered with banks to make airtime top-up even easier. Being a bank with customer service in mind, ABSA is one of the banks that have partnered with these network providers to make recharging your mobile line easier. To take this a step further, ABSA has provided various methods through which users can top-up their line at their convenience.
If you are seeking to familiarize yourself with different ways of recharging your line from your ABSA account, then you are just in the right place. Just keep scrolling down to read as we walk you through how this works.
Ways To Recharge Your Line With ABSA
ABSA Bank does not just want to sell airtime to their customers, and they want to make buying airtime more convenient for them. As such, they have provided several channels for users to top up airtime from their accounts, and all of these methods are very easy to use. All methods of buying airtime from ABSA can be used by Cell C, Vodacom, Telkom Mobile, Virgin Mobile, and MTN users.
Aside from the fact that recharging from ABSA is convenient, another reason why you should start buying airtime from your ABSA account is that customers will receive their airtime almost immediately. Hence, you rarely have to worry about delayed transactions.
You Can Buy Airtime At An ABSA Automated Teller Machine (ATM)
As an ABSA customer, whenever you are around any ABSA ATM and need to top-up your airtime, use the machine to buy airtime if you are with your ATM card. To do that, follow the steps below:
- Insert your ATM card into the machine.
- Enter the card PIN.
- Select Other Transactions.
- Select Prepaid Airtime.
- Follow the prompts to recharge your line successfully.
Non-ABSA customers can also recharge their lines using an ABSA ATM by doing the following:
- Insert your card.
- Enter your PIN.
- Select Prepaid.
- Select Prepaid Airtime.
- Follow the prompts to purchase your desired amount of airtime.
You Can Also Buy Airtime With ABSA Online Banking – Full Service
Another easy and convenient way to buy airtime from ABSA anytime, anywhere, is through the ABSA Online Banking – Full-Service platform. The only limitation to this is that only smartphone users can access it. You can also make use of this method to send airtime to others by creating mobile beneficiaries. To purchase airtime through these methods, kindly follow the steps below.
- Log in to ABSA online banking.
- Select Payment located at the top of the page on your screen.
- Tap on Purchase Prepaid at the left side of the screen.
- Proceed with purchasing airtime by following the prompts.
- You will be credited with the airtime almost immediately after your purchase is completed.
You Can Also Buy Airtime Using ABSA Express Banking
To recharge your line and that of other beneficiaries using ABSA Express Banking, follow these steps below:
- Login to your account on ABSA Express Banking
- Tap on the Prepaid icon
- Select the Prepaid option you want
- After which, follow the prompts to buy the airtime amount you want
You Can Buy Airtime Using ABSA Cellphone Banking (USSD Code)
This is one of the easiest and most convenient ways of buying airtime from ABSA. It doesn’t require that you have a smartphone and data, and here is how it works:
- Dial *120*2272#
- From the menu, select Prepaid.
- Then proceed by following the prompts.
You can also use this method to buy airtime for your loved ones, whether or not they banked with ABSA. When buying airtime for a third party, you may want to avoid entering the wrong number, as the transaction is not reversible.
You Can Also Recharge Their Lines Using The Mobile App
Just like most methods above, recharging your line with the mobile app requires the use of a smartphone. The ABSA Mobile App is free to download and use, so you do not have to worry about extra charges. To access the app, you will have to first download and install it from the Google play store or App store for Android and iPhone users, respectively.
After you have done this, register your number on the app by following the prompts. As soon as your registration is successful, you can now perform a wide range of services on the app, including recharging your mobile line.
To buy airtime using the ABSA mobile banking app, here is what to do:
- Open the ABSA app on your phone.
- Log in using your username and password.
- Tap on Prepaid Mobile.
- Follow the prompts on your screen to successfully purchase airtime.
- After performing all services on your phone at any time, it is advised to practice safe banking by logging out of the mobile app.
You Can Also Top Up Your Airtime Using Chat Banking
This is one of the most convenient innovations when it comes to buying airtime. You can now purchase airtime from ABSA as though you were chatting with a loved one on social media. To get started on ABSA ChatBanking, this is what to do:
- Log in to ABSA online
- Tap on the Express button.
- Tap on Settings.
- From the menu, select Manage ChatBanking.
- Then, follow the prompts on your screen to complete registration.
How To Recharge Your Line From ABSA Using Facebook ChatBanking
- Login to your Facebook Messenger app
- Search for ABSA ChatBanking.
- Send Hi
- Continue the conversation from there to request airtime.
- Proceed to make payments
How To Recharge Your Line From ABSA Using WhatsApp Chat Banking
- Download, install and register your number on WhatsApp.
- Add the ABSA Chatbanking WhatsApp number (08600 086000) to your contact list.
- Open your WhatsApp and refresh your contacts.
- Search for the ABSA contact and start a conversation.
You Can Also Convert Your ABSA Reward To Airtime
When redeeming your ABSA rewards, you should be careful enough to avoid providing the wrong information. Here is how to convert your reward to airtime:
- Log in to ABSA online.
- Tap on ABSA Rewards.
- Choose Airtime.
- Kindly follow the prompts to redeem your airtime.
- An SMS will be sent to the number on the ABSA database.
You Can Also Buy Airtime From Your ABSA Account Directly From Your Network Provider
All the steps above can be used to recharge Cell-C, MTN, Telkom Mobile, Virgin Mobile, and Vodacom mobile lines from ABSA channels. But you can also recharge your line from your ABSA account using channels provided by your network provider.
How To Buy Airtime From Your ABSA Account Using:
- Using MTN Eazi Recharge: Dial *136*10#, follow the prompts to purchase airtime, and make payments with your debit or credit card.
- MTN Online Shop: All you need to do is visit mtn.co.za, tap on Recharge/Top-Up, select airtime, proceed to enter an amount, and then make payments.
- USSD Code: To buy airtime from your account using the Vodacom USSD code, dial *135*02# on your line, enter an amount, and proceed to make payments using bank payment options.
- Using The Vodacom App: Download, install, and register your number on the app. After this, you can always log in to the app, select the airtime option, enter a recipient number, amount, and then proceed to pay from your account.
- Using The Cell-C App: Login to your Cell-C app, click on the recharge icon, and then select an amount and make payments.
- Via Cell-C Website: Visit the Cell C website, tap on the support menu bar, and select recharge. After which, you proceed to make payments using your credit card.
Telkom Mobile Channels
- Via Telkom Website: Telkom users can buy airtime from their account via the Telkom website by visiting the official Telkom website. On the website, log in to your portal, select the Purchase Airtime option and then proceed to pay from your account.
- Using the Telkom App: Log in to your Telkom app. Select the Purchase Airtime option. Enter the amount and proceed to make payments from your bank using your debit or credit card.