Bella Cuomo (born March 12, 2003, Age: 20 years old) is the daughter of former popular CNN news anchor and TV host Chris Cuomo and his wife Cristina Greeven, an entrepreneur.
Social media has become a very significant part of the daily lifestyle of many people around the world. For some, it has become a means of reconnecting with old friends and acquaintances. Others use it as a platform to create and document memories.
There are those whose sole purpose on social media is to meet new people and make new friends. Bella Cuomo is an American internet celebrity. The daughter of Chris Cuomo and Cristina Greeven, She has two siblings, Carolina Cuomo and Mario Cuomo.
Born on March 12, 2003, Bella is famous for her lip-syncing videos on her TikTok channel, which was launched in August 2019. She also boasts several other interesting videos of her day-to-day activities on the app. Her social media presence has garnered an estimated 360,000 followers, decent by celebrity standards, on the TikTok app and around 18,000 followers on Instagram.
Bella Cuomo Has A Brazilian And German Heritage Through Her Maternal Lineage
Bella Cuomo was born on March 12, 2003, in Manhattan, USA, to famous TV personality Chris Cuomo and wellness expert Cristina Greeven Cuomo. Her mother, Cristina, has a Brazilian and German heritage. However, her being born in New York City (to Rainer and Regina Greeven) automatically makes her an American. Bella is the first of three children. Her sister’s name is Carolina Cuomo, and her younger brother is Mario Cuomo.
Bella’s parents met at a party in 1998. They became pretty close and began dating shortly afterward. They would eventually tie the knot on November 24, 2001, at the Sacred Heart of Jesus and Mary Catholic Church in Southampton. They celebrated their 20th wedding anniversary on November 24, 2021. For these twenty years, their marriage has been devoid of typical celebrity marriage scandals as they have always put the family ahead of any career or personal ambition.
Bella’s Family has a Historical Connection to the City of New York
There is a history that connects the Cuomo family with New York City. Her paternal grandfather is late Mario Cuomo, an American politician who was the 52nd Governor of New York. He served from January 1, 1983 – December 31, 1994. Before he was elected governor, he held the position of Secretary of the State of New York and Lieutenant Governor.
Her uncle, Andrew Cuomo, is an American Politician, Author, and Lawyer who recently served as the Governor of New York from January 1, 2011, until his resignation on August 23, 2021. Bella Cuomo had her preschool at Hollingworth Private School, New York. She most recently graduated high school from Trinity School, New York, and is currently a student of Northeastern University, where she is actively involved in sports as part of the institution’s field hockey team.
Her passion and dedication to her art is something many people are appreciative of evidenced by her steadily increasing followers on social media. Expect to see and hear more of her as the years drag on!
Bella Cuomo Is Already A Celebrity
It has become a common trend for celebrity children to follow in their parents’ footsteps. However, a few of these kids often decide to carve out niches for themselves away from their parent’s sphere of influence. Bella’s interest in modeling and the entertainment industry was apparent as early as her elementary school days. She and her classmates were constantly seen gushing over girly magazines and admiring the models on the covers of those magazines.
Her foray into the entertainment industry began with video posts on TikTok, where she shares content on fashion and lifestyle, including her own. She has accumulated a steady flow of followers on social media apps such as Twitter and Instagram. She launched her Twitter account in December 2014.
Bella rose to prominence in the past couple of years, with TikTok videos featuring her father in awkward and hilarious situations. Within a short time, she has garnered over 360,000 followers on the social media platform, in addition to the nearly 18,000 followers on her Instagram. Her father, Chris Cuomo, has made surprise appearances in several of her videos, including one where the father-daughter duo broke into an impromptu dance session.
Viewers were particularly intrigued to see this unknown side of Chris Cuomo known for his often scathing and critical journalism on screen. In a viral clip from 2020, Bella suddenly walked in on her parents‘ nighttime rite of flossing and brushing together. Chris Cuomo appeared shirtless in the video and flaunted his quarantine figure, which left quite a few of his fans gasping.
In a recent interview, Bella even revealed how awkward she feels whenever someone calls her father ‘hot’ in comments to her videos.
Bella’s Parents Have Encouraged Her Career Path
Chris has stated clearly in various interviews that he couldn’t be any more proud of Bella for choosing to positively influence her society. His high-profile presence in Bella’s TikTok videos has only served to increase her social media celebrity status and encourage her career further.
At Bella’s high school graduation, her mother, Cristina Greeven Cuomo, took to her Instagram page to put up Bella’s graduation pictures and gush about a daughter who she says “sees the truth, speaks the truth and has stayed true to herself for 18 years”.
Mother and daughter enjoy each other’s company. They also share a love for good music and could often be seen singing along to songs in their cars. Besides singing, Cristina has further encouraged Bella’s career pursuits by often organizing and actively participating in human wellness projects aimed at improving life quality for mankind together.
- Bella Cuomo was born on March 12, 2003, to the famous couple, former CNN anchor Chris Cuomo and wellness entrepreneur Cristina Cuomo. She’s the oldest of their three children.
- Bella is a social media sensation, known primarily for her TikTok account, where she features lip-syncing and dance videos. She gained further prominence when one of her videos featuring her shirtless father went viral, accumulating millions of views.
- In 2020, during the Covid-19 pandemic, Bella took on the role of the family’s primary caretaker when her parents and younger brother contracted the virus. With her younger sister’s help, she cared for her family members who thankfully recovered.
- Bella’s interest lies in the entertainment industry, in contrast to her siblings who are more inclined towards athletics. As a former high school theatre kid, Bella participated in theatre camp and stage productions like “Chicago” and “Mary Poppins”.
- On Bella’s 19th birthday, her mother shared a heartfelt tribute on Instagram, referring to her daughter as “Bella bird” and praising her wit, wisdom, song, and personality.
- To celebrate her birthday, Cristina took Bella on a trip to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, where they engaged in several activities like hang-gliding, visiting the Christ The Redeemer statue, and touring the city.
- Bella graduated from high school in May 2021, a milestone her mother celebrated on Instagram, praising her for her ability to live in her truth and grow into a beautiful human being.
- Bella and her siblings, Mario and Carolina, have a close bond and share activities like yoga, surfing, and writing poetry for their mother.
- Bella added ‘family videographer’ to her roles when her dad contracted the coronavirus and was quarantined. She documented her family’s journey with Covid-19, earning her father’s gratitude.
- Bella’s younger brother, Mario, is a black belt in karate, while her youngest sibling, Carolina, is an aspiring gymnast who won third place at the Manhattan Classic Gymnastics meet in 2020.
- Bella maintains a low-profile when it comes to her personal relationships, leading to numerous speculations about her love life and sexuality.