The Verses in the bible are so comforting, the bible actually described the word of God as the food of the spirit, it gives hope to the hopeless and strength to the weak. If you have ever witnessed the death of a loved one, you will certainly agree with me that it takes more than mere words to console the family and friends of the deceased. This is where we need the word of God, these words possess the ability to mend a broken heart and heal wounded souls. Here is a list of comforting bible verses about the death of a loved one and we hope you’ll find it consoling.
See Also: Bible Scripture of the Day
Bible Verses About Death Of a Child
1. John 14:27 – Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
2. Psalms 116:15 – Precious in the sight of the LORD [is] the death of his saints.
3. 2 Samuel 12:23 – But now he is dead, wherefore should I fast? can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me.
4. 2 Corinthians 4:12 – So then death worketh in us, but life in you.
5. 2 Corinthians 1:4 – Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.
6. Matthew 19:14 – But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.
7. 1 Thessalonians 4:13-16 – But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
8. Psalms 23:1-6 – (A Psalm of David.) The LORD [is] my shepherd; I shall not want.
9. James 1:2-11 – My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;
10. John 14:6 – Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
11. Matthew 7:13-14 – Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide [is] the gate, and broad [is] the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat
12. Romans 6:23 – For the wages of sin [is] death; but the gift of God [is] eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
13. Isaiah 40:11 – He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry [them] in his bosom, [and] shall gently lead those that are with young.
14. Isaiah 57:1-2 – The righteous perisheth, and no man layeth [it] to heart: and merciful men [are] taken away, none considering that the righteous is taken away from the evil [to come].
15. Psalms 34:18 – The LORD [is] nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
16. Romans 8:18-19 – For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time [are] not worthy [to be compared] with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
17. 2 Corinthians 4:16-18 – For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward [man] is renewed day by day. (Read More…)
18. John 14:1-3 – Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
19. Psalms 127:3 – Lo, children [are] an heritage of the LORD: [and] the fruit of the womb [is his] reward.
20. 1 Samuel 1:27-28 – For this child I prayed; and the LORD hath given me my petition which I asked of him
Bible Verses About Dealing With Death
21. John 10:28-29 and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand. “My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand.
22. Ephesians 4:30 Do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.
23. Romans 8:18 For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us.
24. John 14:3 “If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also.
25. Romans 14:8 for if we live, we live for the Lord, or if we die, we die for the Lord; therefore whether we live or die, we are the Lord’s.
26. Isaiah 4:1 For seven women will take hold of one man in that day, saying, “We will eat our own bread and wear our own clothes, only let us be called by your name; take away our reproach!”
27. Psalms 68:20 God is to us a God of deliverances; And to GOD the Lord belong escapes from death.
28. Isaiah 54:4 “Fear not, for you will not be put to shame; And do not feel humiliated, for you will not be disgraced; But you will forget the shame of your youth, And the reproach of your widowhood you will remember no more.
29. Philippians 1:21 For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.
30. John 13:7 Jesus answered and said to him, “What I do, you do not realize now, but you will understand hereafter.”
31. John 14:27 “Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful.
32. Psalms 23:1-6 The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters. He restores my soul; He guides me in the paths of righteousness For His name’s sake. read more.
33. Ecclesiastes 7:1 A good name is better than a good ointment, And the day of one’s death is better than the day of one’s birth.
34. Revelation 21:4 and He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away.”
35. Psalms 55:22 Cast your burden upon the LORD and He will sustain you; He will never allow the righteous to be shaken.
36. 1 Corinthians 15:25-26 For He must reign until He has put all His enemies under His feet. The last enemy that will be abolished is death.
37. Job 14:5 “Since his days are determined, The number of his months is with You; And his limits you have set so that he cannot pass.
38. John 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.
39. Hosea 13:14 Shall I ransom them from the power of Sheol? Shall I redeem them from death? O Death, where are your thorns? O Sheol, where is your sting? Compassion will be hidden from My sight.
40. Psalms 116:15 Precious in the sight of the LORD Is the death of His godly ones.
Bible Verses About The Death Of A Father
41. Rev 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
42. Revelation 21:4 – And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
43. John 16:22 – And ye now therefore have sorrow: but I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy, no man taketh from you.
44. John 14:27-29 – Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
45. Matthew 5:4 – Blessed [are] they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
46. 2 Corinthians 5:6-8 – Therefore [we are] always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord
47. Proverbs 17:17 – A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.
48. Philippians 3:13-14 – Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but [this] one thing [I do], forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before
49. Matthew 24:35 – Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
50. Isaiah 41:10 – Fear thou not; for I [am] with thee: be not dismayed; for I [am] thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
51. 1 Corinthians 15:22 – For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
52. James 1:2-27 – My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations
53. Psalms 23:1-6 – (A Psalm of David.) The LORD [is] my shepherd; I shall not want.
Bible Verses About The Death Of A Friend
54. Romans 5:8 – But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
55. 1 John 1:9 – If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
56. James 2:19 – Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
57. John 3:13 – And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, [even] the Son of man which is in heaven.
58. Romans 6:23 – For the wages of sin [is] death; but the gift of God [is] eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
59. John 3:3 – Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
60. Luke 6:27 – But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,
61. John 14:1-3 – Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
62. Philippians 1:3 – I thank my God upon every remembrance of you,
63. Romans 8:28 – And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to [His] purpose.
64. John 3:16-17 – For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
65. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 – What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost [which is] in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
Bible Verses About Death and Heaven
66. Isaiah 25:8 – he will swallow up death forever. The Sovereign LORD will wipe away the tears from all faces; he will remove the disgrace of his people from all the earth. The LORD has spoken.
67. Isaiah 38:1 – In those days Hezekiah became ill and was at the point of death. The prophet Isaiah son of Amoz went to him and said, “This is what the LORD says: Put your house in order, because you are going to die; you will not recover.”
68. Isaiah 38:10 – I said, “In the prime of my life must I go through the gates of death and be robbed of the rest of my years?”
69. Isaiah 57:2 – Those who walk uprightly enter into peace; they find rest as they lie in death.
70. John 3:16 – “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
71. Ecclesiastes 8:8a – No man has power over the wind to contain it ; so no one has power over the day of his death.
72. Ecclesiastes 3:1-2a – There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die
73. Psalm 116:15 – Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints.
74. Romans 6:23 – For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
75. Romans 8:6 – The mind of sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace;
76. Romans 8:38-39 – For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
77. 2 Corinthians 4:12 – So then, death is at work in us, but life is at work in you.
78. Job 9:25 – My days are swifter than a runner; they fly away without a glimpse of joy.
79. Job 14:2 – He springs up like a flower and withers away; like a fleeting shadow, he does not endure.
80. Job 14:5 – Man’s days are determined; you have decreed the number of his months and have set limits he cannot exceed.
81. Psalm 39:5 – You have made my days a mere handbreadth; the span of my years is as nothing before you. Each man’s life is but a breath. Selah
82. Psalm 89:47-48 – Remember how fleeting is my life. For what futility you have created all men! What man can live and not see death, or save himself from the power of the grave? Selah
83. Psalm 90:9 – All our days pass away under your wrath; we finish our years with a moan.
Bible Verses About Life After Death
84. Luke 24:13-32 – And, behold, two of them went that same day to a village called Emmaus, which was from Jerusalem [about] threescore furlongs…
85. Psalms 115:17-18 – The dead praise not the LORD, neither any that go down into silence. But we will bless the Lord from this time forth and for evermore. Praise the Lord.
86. 2 Corinthians 5:21 – For he hath made him [to be] sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
87. Romans 8:37 – Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
88. Luke 24:1-7 – Now upon the first [day] of the week, very early in the morning, they came unto the sepulchre, bringing the spices which they had prepared, and certain [others] with them…
89. Luke 16:23 – And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
90. Matthew 26:29 – But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father’s kingdom.
91. Revelation 20:14 – And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
92. John 14:6 – Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
93. John 5:28-29 – Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, and come out, those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation.
94. John 11:1-57 – Now a certain [man] was sick, [named] Lazarus, of Bethany, the town of Mary and her sister Martha…
95. Matthew 25:46 – And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
96. Ecclesiastes 9:5 – For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.
97. Proverbs 12:28 – In the way of righteousness [is] life; and [in] the pathway [thereof there is] no death.
98. Romans 10:9 – That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
99. Genesis 3:19 – In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou [art], and unto dust shalt thou return.
100. John 14:1 – Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.