Ellen Ziolo is the wife of Dennis Schröeder, the NBA Houston Rockets’ point guard. Born on December 10, 1991, the 31 year-old American-based German celebrity wife has become famous due to her relationship with Dennis Schröeder.
Dennis Schröeder, who began his pro basketball career in 2010, has been an NBA basketball player for nearly a decade and has also turned out for teams such as the Boston Celtics, Atlanta Hawks, and the Los Angeles Lakers. Much has been said and written about the NBA star, but it is time to meet the woman he married.
How Old Is Ellen Ziolo and Where Was She Born?
Ellen Ziolo is 31 years old and was born on December 10, 1991, in Braunschweig, Germany. Her birth sign is Sagittarius, and she belongs to the Caucasian ethnic group. Despite having lived the last few years in Los Angeles, California, with her husband and kids, Ellen Ziolo’s birth status means she is a German citizen.
She is the first of four children born to a German couple. Her father, whose name has not been once mentioned in the media, reportedly owned multiple businesses, while her mother, Beata Ziolo, was a homemaker. Ellen grew up with two younger twin brothers named Daniel and Kevin Ziolo. The celebrity wife’s youngest sibling is a young woman named Silvia Ziolo.
Every indication points to the possibility that Ellen spent the majority of her formative years in her hometown of Braunschweig, Germany, where she reportedly attended a local high school. The celebrity wife was full of energy as a young girl. Some of that energy was utilized as a member of her school’s volleyball team and in other athletic and artistic endeavors such as singing and drama.
Ellen Ziolo reportedly enrolled at the high school in 2005 and received her diploma in 2009. There are no publicly available records that might have provided a clue as to whether she received a college/university education, so that aspect of her life will probably remain a mystery unless she chooses to throw a bit more light on that.
Ellen Ziolo Became Dennis Schröder’s Wife In 2019
Ellen Ziolo’s life was pretty much ordinary and was not essentially worthy of the spotlight until her marriage to Houston Rockets’ point guard, Dennis Schröder. Several sources have revealed the fact that Ellen and Dennis tied the proverbial knot on July 20, 2019. However, the story of how Ellen Ziolo and her husband met bears all the hallmarks of a true Hollywood rom-com.
Ellen was reportedly 16 years old when she met and befriended a then-14-year-old Dennis in 2007. The slight age difference notwithstanding, the friendship between Ellen and Dennis continued through the next decade. In 2017, they decided to step things up a notch and officially became an item. They dated seriously for the next couple of years before Ellen walked down the aisle to exchange marital vows with Dennis on July 20, 2019.
The wedding, which took place in Ellen’s hometown of Braunschweig, was initially planned with just 50 guests in mind, but the plans had to be adapted to accommodate her husband’s West African relatives to bring the total number of guests to a not-so-small 350 guests.
Ellen Ziolo and Dennis Schröder have been married for over three years at the time of writing. Her husband recently used his Instagram platform to mark the celebration while showering several accolades on Ellen.
The couple has been so supportive of each other, a good reference point would be when Ellen publicly defended her husband for turning down a huge payday from LA Lakers, his team at the time, because he believed he was worth more. She maintained her position on the matter even when things didn’t exactly work out in Dennis’ best interests.
Ellen Ziolo Is Almost Two Years Older Than Her Husband
As stated earlier, Ellen Ziolo was almost 16 years old when she met her husband, Dennis Schröder. At the time they met, Ellen’s age was similar to that of Dennis’ older brother Cheyassin. Recall that 31-year-old Ellen Ziolo was born on December 10, 1991, while her husband, Dennis, now 30 years old, was born on September 15, 1993.
That analogy means that Ellen Ziolo is almost two years older than her husband. A more accurate description of the age difference between them would be that Ellen is one year, nine months, and five days older than her husband.
No piece of information suggests that Ellen and her husband were criticized for the meager age difference between them, but the couple has had to face backlash for different reasons. One instance that easily comes to mind was when her husband rejected an $84 million four-year deal from the LA Lakers in March 2021 in the hope of securing a better deal from the Lakers or someplace else.
His plan backfired as the Lakers refused to budge on their valuation of the player, and he ended up signing a one-year $6 million deal with the Boston Celtics on August 13, 2021. After this sequence of events, several public members openly criticized Ellen’s husband for turning down the Lakers’ deal, only to leave a few months later for even lesser money.
In response to these waves of scathing criticisms, Ellen Ziolo also openly called for understanding of her husband’s choices while also reiterating the fact that he had made the best decision that had very little to do with the financial aspect of the whole debacle.
Ellen Ziolo Has Two Kids
The three-year marriage between Ellen and Dennis has produced two children as of the time of writing. The first child, a son, was born on February 19, 2019, just a few months before their wedding in July of the same year. The boy was named Dennis Mallick Schröder Jr., after Ellen’s husband.
About a year later, the couple welcomed their second child, a daughter who was named Imalia Aaliyah Schröder. She was born in August 2020, and her exact date of birth is unknown at the moment. Ellen, along with their two children, currently reside in Los Angeles, California. Her husband visits when he’s not on duty with his Houston-based team.
Ellen Ziolo Is Essentially A Homemaker
Ellen Ziolo, for all intents and purposes, remains primarily focused on running the home in her husband’s absence and helping him achieve his career dreams. Her work history includes the fact that she was a one-time waitress and bartender and also engaged in a little bit of modeling.
She also recently became active on social media after launching her eponymous YouTube channel – Ellen Schroder, on February 10, 2022. The channel has quickly grown to over 7.73k subscribers and over 360,979 views in just a few short months. Her first video on the channel gives her subscribers an idea that the channel is focused on sharing details of her everyday life, including what being an NBA wife is all about.
Ellen Ziolo is not as active on her Instagram social media platform, which she operates under the handle @_ellen_schroeder. This is because the account opened in March 2018 has just 7 posts and just over 50k followers.
FAQs About Ellen Ziolo, Dennis Schröder’s Wife
- Who is Ellen Ziolo? Ellen Ziolo, born on December 10, 1991, is a German fashion icon and supermodel who has featured for top brands like Versace, Harper’s Bazaar, Dolce & Gabbana, among others. She is married to NBA player Dennis Schröder and has two children.
- Where is Ellen Ziolo from? Ellen Ziolo was born in Braunschweig, Germany. She attended high school in the same city where she met her future husband, Dennis Schröder.
- How did Ellen Ziolo meet Dennis Schröder? Ellen Ziolo and Dennis Schröder were high school sweethearts. They met at school in their hometown of Braunschweig, Germany.
- When did Ellen Ziolo get married to Dennis Schröder? Ellen Ziolo and Dennis Schröder got engaged in 2018 and were married on July 20, 2019.
- What does Ellen Ziolo do for a living? Ellen Ziolo is a prominent model and fashion icon in Germany. She has modelled for renowned fashion magazines and brands such as Vogue, Harper’s, Elle, Versace, and Chanel. She also has a significant social media following and is a well-known influencer.
- Who are Ellen Ziolo’s parents? Ellen Ziolo’s mother is Beata Ziolo, a German native. Information about her father is not mentioned.
- Does Ellen Ziolo have any siblings? Ellen Ziolo has three siblings named Silvia, Kevin, and Daniel.
- Who are Ellen Ziolo and Dennis Schröder’s children? Ellen and Dennis have two children together. Their son, Dennis Mallick Junior, was born in 2019, and their daughter, Imalia Aayliah, was born in August 2020.
- How long have Ellen Ziolo and Dennis Schröder been together? Ellen Ziolo and Dennis Schröder have been together for over a decade. They started as high school sweethearts, engaged in 2018, and married in 2019.
- Where do Ellen Ziolo and Dennis Schröder live? Ellen Ziolo and Dennis Schröder live in their $4.3 million house in Los Angeles, California.
- What is Ellen Ziolo’s net worth? As of 2023, Ellen Ziolo’s estimated net worth is about $800,000.