Tacoma Simmons (born August 27, 1999) is the second son of DMX, the late American rapper whose real name was Earl Simmons.
Tacoma receives the most attention from the media as the late DMX’s offspring. His father was one of the most successful rappers of the nineties and early 2000s, selling roughly 74 million records worldwide by the time he passed away at age 50 from a heroin overdose.
Tacoma Simmons was Born in 1999
Tacoma Simmons was born on August 27, 1999, and is 24 years old. He is an Afro-American and possesses American citizenship. His birthdate means he was born under the Virgo zodiac sign.
Tacoma is the second child of DMX and Tanesha Monét Carey. You may readily recognize DMX as the well-known American rapper and actor who passed away in 2022. His mother, Tanesha, like her ex-husband, was part of the showbiz industry for a while. He was raised with three other siblings.
DMX’s son spent most of his boyhood in Mount Kisco, New York, where he was born and raised. Speaking of his education, the music composer completed his studies at Fox Lane High School and is said to be in college. Although the name of his university isn’t common knowledge, Tacoma is currently learning to be a music instructor.
Meet Tacoma’s Parents, Earl Simmons and Tanesha Monét Carey
Tacoma Simmons is the son of Earl and Tashera Simmons. His parents were married for about 10 years, and Tacoma and his three siblings remain the only products from that marriage. His father was one of the most famous rappers in the 90s. His 1998 first album, “It’s Dark and Hell” Is Hot, which sold over 250k copies in its first week, went on to become a cult classic.
His other most popular album was his 1999 album titled “And Then There Was X.” The most popular single from that album, Party Up, was one of the biggest rap songs released that year. As an actor, DMX also appeared in a number of films, including Romeo Must Die, Cradle to the Grave, Exit Wounds, and Last Hour.
Tanesha Monét Carey was just 11 years old when she met the rapper and fell in love. They became friends after a few years of acquaintanceship, dated for several years, got married, and then finally split up.
The demise of Tacoma’s parents’ marriage was rumored to be a result of infidelity on the rapper’s part. Earl and Tashera were together until the mid-2000s, after which they decided to separate for good.
Tashera Simmons is currently in her early fifties and has enjoyed a fulfilling career as a reality television actress. Tashera, who is currently single, has worked on several TV shows, including Trippin, Starter Wives, and Uncensored, all of which she appeared as part of the main cast members. She currently works as a podcaster and lives in New York, which is coincidentally her hometown.
Tacoma is extremely close to his mother, and the divorced mother-of-four has always displayed her undying love for her children by posting countless images of them on her social media handles.
Meet Tacoma Simmons’ Direct Siblings
DMX definitely took sowing wild oats seriously. He had countless children both within and outside his marriage, and those of them that have been publicly acknowledged number about 15.
However, of the 15 children linked to Tacoma Simmons’ father, only three of them are his direct siblings. They are two boys – Xavier (born in 1992) and Sean (born in 2002), and a girl – Praise Mary Ella (born in 2005).
Xavier Simmons is currently 30 years old. Sean Simmons is 22 years old, while Mary Ella, the youngest among them, is 19 years old.
A former employee of The Ball Factory and a graduate of Westchester Community College, Xavier is an actor and musician. Sean, Tacoma’s younger brother, is reportedly a manager at Red Lobster. Sean has previously worked for the Boys & Girls Club of Northern Westchester.
After the four children that DMX had with his ex-wife Tashera, he went on to have at least 11 other children with different mothers. Their names are Sasha, Sonovah Junior, Aaliyah, Exodus, Aidyn, K’ydn, Jada Oden, Michelle Walton, Javon Wayne, Z’riyah, and Emmanuel Simmons. Out of all the eleven illegitimate kids DMX sired, at least five are girls, while the rest are boys. Unfortunately, the full specifics of Tacoma’s half-siblings are somewhat scanty.
Tacoma Simmons is a Music Composer
Tacoma Simmons appears to be following in his father’s footsteps on social media, despite not having much information available regarding his professional background. He identified himself as a composer on his Instagram page, but he is also a manager at Guitar Center, according to his Facebook profile.
In dozens of videos he has published, he can be seen playing the guitar and singing along to various powerful songs.
What Did Tacoma Simmons Inherit From The Late DMX?
At the time of his death, Earl Simmons’ entire estate was valued at $10 million. It was said that Tacoma was appointed a guardian of his father’s estate and was in charge of splitting the inheritance – alongside his brothers – Xavier and Sean.
There is no doubt that Tacoma himself is an exceptionally talented young musician and songwriter. So far, he has amassed roughly $1.5 million in net worth, which is a substantial sum of money for someone his age. It is unknown at this point whether any of this money was inherited from his late father.
Where is Tacoma Simmons Now?
The second son of the late rapper is not very outspoken about his current whereabouts. Tacoma Simmons is also very cautious with giving out information regarding his personal relationships. He listed himself as “single” in his Facebook bio, but that could only be a smart diversion.
Tacoma uses the handle @tacomasimmons to post on Instagram. He has posted just about five times and has around a thousand followers. He tries to avoid drawing attention to himself and has refrained from sharing any of his photos on Instagram.
FAQs about Tacoma Simmons:
- Who is Tacoma Simmons?
- Answer: Tacoma Simmons is the second son of DMX, the late American rapper whose real name was Earl Simmons. Tacoma Simmons is an American musical composer and manager at Guitar Center.
- When and where was Tacoma Simmons born?
- Answer: Tacoma Simmons was born on 27th August 1999 in Mount Kisco, New York, USA.
- What is Tacoma Simmons’s profession?
- Answer: Tacoma Simmons is a musical composer and a manager at Guitar Center. Unfortunately, not much is known about his music composition as he is not very active in the public eye.
- Who are Tacoma Simmons’s parents?
- Answer: Tacoma Simmons’s father was the late famous rapper Earl Simmons (DMX), and his mother is Tashera Simmons, a talented American actress known for films such as “Iyanla, Fix My Life,” and “Starter Wives Confidential.”
- Does Tacoma Simmons have any siblings?
- Answer: Yes, Tacoma has three blood siblings named Xavier, Sean, and Praise Mary Ella, and more than 11 half-siblings from his father’s past relationships.
- What is Tacoma Simmons’s net worth?
- Answer: Tacoma Simmons has an estimated net worth of $1.5 million, earned mainly from his music career.
- How is Tacoma Simmons connected to the late rapper DMX?
- Answer: Tacoma Simmons is the son of the late rapper and actor DMX (Earl Simmons), who was a well-known figure in the entertainment industry.
- Is Tacoma Simmons active on social media?
- Answer: Tacoma is active on Instagram, but his account is private. He does not appear to be available on any other social media platforms besides Instagram.
- What is Tacoma Simmons’s educational background?
- Answer: Tacoma Simmons completed his elementary studies and later graduated from Fox Lane High School. Details about his higher education have not been disclosed.
- How did Tacoma Simmons’s father, DMX, die?
- Answer: DMX passed away on 9th April 2021 from multiple organ failure, a week after suffering a cocaine-induced heart attack.