Lisa Thorner is a former American actress, model and ex-wife of Damon Wayans. She is also the mother of his children. Although she is reported to be an actress, there is almost no information about the movies or plays she has featured in. She only came to the limelight when she got married to Damon Wayans.
Although they are divorced now, they share four children together. So even if their marital bond does not hold them any longer, their children do. Despite being in a high-profile marriage, Lisa Thorner has managed to keep her life very private.
Lisa Thorner is an Afro American
Lisa Thorner is a beautiful and tall Afro-American, born and brought up in the United States. She is yet to reveal when she was born, and the day she celebrates her birthday. The beautiful dark-skinned lady has also not revealed information about what her childhood was like and how siblings she has. However, there are reports that she was raised by her parents.
Just like details about Lisa’s family and background, details about her education are not available. However, considering that she was able to start up a career for herself in acting and modeling, it is believed that she must have attended elementary and high school and possibly, a tertiary institution. She is yet to confirm this, and we cannot say for sure what her current level of education is.
Lisa Thorner is Best Known for Being the Ex-Wife of Damon Wayans
Despite the supposed career Lisa Thorner has been reported to have had, she is best known for being Damon Wayans’ ex-wife. Aside from her relationship with Damon Wayans, nothing much is known about her. Thankfully, an estimate of her net worth is available to the public.
It is believed that after her divorce from Damon, she was compensated with a good amount of money, and she currently has a net worth of $5 million.
She Married Damon Wayans in 1984
Unfortunately, there is no information regarding how Lisa Thorner met Damon Wayans and whether or not it was love at first sight. However, there are reports that they dated for two years before marriage. This would mean that they started dating around 1981 and 1982.
Their marriage lasted from 1984 to 2000, and after being married for about 16 years and together for 18, the two finally decided to go their separate ways.
Lisa Thorner and Damon Wayans Have Four Children
The 18-year relationship between Lisa and her ex-husband produced about four children. Their first child, Damon Wayans Jr., was born before their marriage on the 18th of November 1982. We have no details on whether or not the birth of their first child fostered their marriage.
After their wedding in 1984, they had their second child named Michael Wayans in March 1985. Two years after the birth of their second child and second son, they had a daughter in 1987 named Cara Mia Wayans, and in 1991, their last child was born.
Her Ex-husband is a Comedian and Actor
Lisa Thorner’s ex-husband, Damon Wayans, was born on the 4th of September 1960. He is a renowned American actor, comedian, writer, and producer. Damon is also a member of the Wayans family of entertainers, an American show business family that features family members like Chaunté Wayans, Marlon Wayans, and Keenen Ivory Wayans, to mention a few.
Together with the Wayans family, he has created productions like My Wife and Kids, White Chicks, Scary Movie film series, and The Wayans Bros. They have been in movie production from the 1980s to 2013.
Damon Wayans has featured in many other productions outside the Wayans family. Some of these productions include Hollywood Shuffle, Earth Girls Are Easy, I’m Gonna Git You Sucka, Look Who’s Talking Too, and Major Payne. Others are Last Action Hero, Bulletproof, The Great White Hype, In Living Color, Sweet Surrender, and A Different World, among others.
Throughout his career, Damon has been nominated four times at the Emmy awards for his work in In Living Color. In 2002, he won the award of Favorite Male Performer in a New TV Series at People’s Choice Awards. He has also been nominated four times for Golden Satellite Award. Damon was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes in January 2013, and since then, he has been managing his health and living with the illness.
Lisa Thorner’s First Child is an Actor and Comedian
Lisa Thorner’s first child Damon Wayans Jr. does not only share the same name with his father, but he has also taken after his father’s footsteps in choosing a career. Damon Jr is an actor and comedian best known for the movie, Happy Endings.
He has been active in the entertainment industry since 1994, and since then, he has been featured in several movies like; Blankman, Let’s Be Cops, The Land Before Time XIV: Journey of the Brave, How to Be Single, and The Harder They Fall. He has also featured in television series like; My Wife and Kids, Happy Endings, The Underground, New Girl, Happy Endings: Happy Rides, and the list goes on.
Damon Jr. is happily married to Samara Saraiva, and their union is blessed with two children. He also has two children with his ex-girlfriend. Not much is known about his sisters and what they do.
Lisa Thorner is Reported to be an Actress and Model
Lisa Thorner has been reported to be an actress and model, but there is no record of her work history. And she was only into acting and modeling before she got married to Damon Wayans.
According to reports from some quarters, if Thorner had continued her career, she probably would have been more famous. It is also said that if she goes back into the industry, she has all it takes to become recognized for her career.
She Lives a Very Private Life
Lisa Thorner is not one of those people who likes the world to know what is happening in her life at every moment. She prefers to keep her life private, despite being surrounded by celebrities.
As a result of how discreet she is, we cannot say for sure whether or not she has gotten married to someone else or has been in a relationship since she got divorced. However, we know that she lives a low-key life as a mother and grandmother.
- Who is Lisa Thorner? Lisa Thorner is a former American actress and model who rose to prominence as the ex-wife of comedian and actor Damon Wayans. They were married for 16 years and had four children together.
- When was Lisa Thorner born? Lisa Thorner was born in 1960 and celebrates her birthday on September 4th every year.
- When did Lisa Thorner and Damon Wayans get married? Lisa Thorner and Damon Wayans got married on April 24, 1984. They had been dating since 1982 prior to their wedding.
- How many children does Lisa Thorner have? Lisa Thorner has four children: Damon Wayans Jr., Michael Wayans, Cara Mia Wayans, and Kyla Wayans. All four children have followed in their father’s footsteps and pursued careers in the entertainment industry.
- When did Lisa Thorner and Damon Wayans divorce? Damon Wayans filed for divorce in 1999, and it was granted by the court in 2000. The cause of their split was cited as irreconcilable differences.
- Is Lisa Thorner in a relationship? As of 2019, Lisa Thorner was reported to be single, and there have been no rumors about her dating anyone since her divorce from Damon Wayans.
- What is Lisa Thorner’s net worth? As of 2023, Lisa Thorner had an estimated net worth of $5 million. She earned this wealth through her acting and modeling career and likely from her divorce settlement with Damon Wayans.
- What is known about Lisa Thorner’s early life and family? Lisa Thorner is an American of African-American ethnicity. She has been largely private about her early life, and there is little publicly available information about her parents, siblings, or educational background.
- What are the names of Lisa Thorner’s grandchildren? Lisa Thorner has two granddaughters: Amara Wayans and Aniya Wayans, children of her first son Damon Wayans Jr. and his ex-partner Aja Metoyer.
- What did Lisa Thorner do after her divorce from Damon Wayans? After her divorce, Lisa Thorner has remained out of the public eye. She does not appear to have returned to acting or modeling, and there have been no reports of her remarrying or dating.
- Does Lisa Thorner have a presence on social media? No, Lisa Thorner does not have a presence on any social media platforms. She prefers to maintain a low profile and has not made public appearances or interviews since her divorce.
- What are Lisa Thorner’s children known for? Lisa Thorner’s children, Damon Wayans Jr., Michael Wayans, Cara Mia Wayans, and Kyla Wayans, have all pursued careers in the entertainment industry. Damon Wayans Jr. has appeared in shows like Happy Endings and New Girl, Michael Wayans is an actor and composer, Cara Mia Wayans has appeared in Dance Flick and My Wife and Kids, and Kyla Wayans has also appeared in My Wife and Kids.