Carl Weathers is currently unmarried, but he has been married three times first to Mary Ann Castle then Rhona Unsell, and Jennifer Peterson.
Carl Weathers is talented in many fields that cut across the showbiz industry and sports. He is an actor and director who also played professional football as a linebacker in his heydays. His net worth of $8 million and prominent roles in big franchises such as the Rocky film series as Apollo Creed is enough proof of his success in the career department, but looking at the love life of the multitalented entertainer, it’s obvious he has not been stable in that aspect of his life. Searching for Carl Weathers’ spouse will not yield simple results since the actor has been married three times to three women.
His first two marriages managed to last more than a decade, but the last one ended as soon as it started. What has Carl Weather’s been up to since his last divorce, and what does his love life look like now? We take a look at the real facts about the love life of the Rocky star.
Is Carl Weathers Married Now?
Three marriages and three divorce proceedings later, Carl Weathers wouldn’t be blamed if he shies away from marriage, and he seems to be doing just that. The actor appears to be enjoying the single life these days. The Rocky star has been married to three women in his life, but all the unions ended in divorce, with some lasting longer than the others.
For now, Carl Weathers is considered single as he has not surfaced on the dating scene since his last marriage ended in 2006. He is also yet to get married again, and he doesn’t look like he wants to change that anytime soon. He is currently focusing on his career with one of his latest projects, playing the recurring role of Greef Karga in the Star Wars series The Mandalorian (2019–). Marriage is apparently not in the cards for him at this time.
Carl Weathers’ Longest Marriage Was With Rhona Unsell
Among the three women who Carl Weathers married, Rhona Unsell was the one who stayed with him the longest. His first marriage barely reached ten years before it packed up – he was married to Mary Ann Castle from 1973 to 1983 before the marriage ended. He then married his second wife – Unsell, and the marriage lasted up to 22 years – from 1984 to 2006, which is his longest so far.
The shortest marriage between Carl Weathers and a woman is the one he had with his third wife, – Jennifer Peterson. The union was short-lived and only lasted for barely two years. Carl’s failure to keep his love life on stable grounds is one of the reasons his name doesn’t go unnoticed in the public domain. He has, however, accepted his status and has been enjoying the single life.
Meet Carl Weathers’ Ex-Wives
Carl Weathers has recorded three marriages, and they all ended in divorce. Let’s know more about the ex-wives of the former linebacker.
Mary Ann Castle Was Married to Carl Weathers from 1973 to 1983
For his first marriage, Carl went away from the entertainment industry. Mary Ann Castle’s claim to fame is her marriage to Carl, and she’s still identified as the actor’s ex-wife. His marriage to Ann Castle was made official with a wedding in 1973, but their divorce was finalized on July 22, 1983, and they went their separate ways. The reason behind their decision is not public knowledge.
According to records, Carl Weathers is the only man Mary Ann Castle has married in her lifetime. There is also no information about her birth and the background she hails from. Her career exploits are also not known to the public. Carl went out of the showbiz circle to marry Mary Ann Castle.
Rhona Unsell Was Carl Weathers’ Wife from 1984 to 2006
Again Carl Weathers married from outside the Hollywood circle for his second marriage. The actor reportedly dated Kathie Lee Gifford briefly after his first marriage crashed and went on to marry Rhona Unsell in 1984. It is unknown when the two met and how their relationship developed, but their marriage was not a forever after affair.
Rhona and Carl called it quits after two decades of matrimony. Their nuptials took place on February 20, 1984, and divorce came knocking in 2006. The reason for their breakup is not known, and Rhona has been missing from the spotlight since her marriage to Carl ended.
Meet Jennifer Peterson, Carl Weathers’ Third Wife From 2007 to 2009
Jennnifer Peterson is the only woman Carl married from his work circle. She is an American film producer with movies like Pumpkin Hill, No News, Sir, and Serving for Tsunami Relief under her belt. She exchanged wedding vows with Carl Weathers on March 24, 2007, but the marriage turned out to be the shortest Weathers has ever had.
It lasted for two years, and their divorce was finalized in 2009. With no kids between them, the couple has moved on with their lives, but they are yet to get married to other people.
Carl Weathers Children Came Through His First Wife
Carl Weathers has two children – sons and their mother is his ex-wife, Mary Ann. During his first marriage, Carl welcomed his two children, and his second and third marriages didn’t produce any kids. Carl Weathers’ children have been identified as Matthew Weathers and Jason Weathers.
One of Carl Weathers’ sons, Matthew Weathers, is not someone that enjoys the perks of the spotlight. His date of birth is hidden from the public, likewise any other personal information about him. It’s, however, available on his IMDb page that he is an actor, which means he has followed in his father’s footsteps.
Notwithstanding, the American actor only has two credits under his belt – his role in Under the Bridge (1996) and The Sopranos (2002).
Like his brother, Jason Matthews is also a private person when it comes to sharing personal information. The year Jason was born is not also known, but it is assumed that the brothers were born during their parents’ marriage (1973-1983), making them adults. His IMDb page indicates that Jason is also involved in the entertainment industry as a director, writer, and editor. He has only one credit (the movie Boxed In) under his belt.
- Carl Weathers has had three marriages in his life, all of which ended in divorce. He is currently not married to anyone.
- His first wife was Mary Ann Castle. They got married in 1973 and stayed together for more than ten years before ending the union on July 22nd, 1983. They had two sons together, Mathew and Jason.
- After his first divorce, Carl Weathers married Rhona Unsell on February 20th, 1984. There is limited public information about Rhona, who came into the limelight after her marriage to Carl. Their marriage lasted for 22 years and ended in 2006. They did not have any children together.
- Carl Weathers’ third wife was Jennifer Peterson. They got married on March 24th, 2007, but their union was short-lived and ended in divorce in 2009. They didn’t have any children together.
- Jennifer Peterson is an award-winning creative content producer, known for her work on Hallmark’s show “The American Rescue Dog Show” and short documentaries like “There’s Something About Mary,” “Rocky 25th Anniversary,” and “Heaven is for Real.” She is also passionate about helping rescue animals.
- Despite his unsuccessful marriages, Carl Weathers is a loving father to his two sons, Matthew Brandon and Jason Anthony. They, however, prefer to stay away from the media spotlight.
- Post-divorce from Jennifer Peterson, Carl has been spotted at numerous events alongside actress Christine Kludjian.
- Christine Kludjian, known for her role in “The Chronicle,” has been seen with Carl Weathers at events such as the 74th Golden Globe Awards in 2017 and the premiere of “The Mandalorian.” However, neither has confirmed or denied a romantic relationship.
- Carl Weathers was a professional football player before he started his acting career. He played for the Oakland Raiders in the National Football League and for BC Lion in the Canadian Football League.
- Carl Weathers is famously known for his role as Apollo Creed in the Rocky series. He has also starred in other diverse films such as “Action Jackson” and “Happy Gilmore,” and played Greef Karga in “The Mandalorian.” His acting career spans over four decades