Tshwane South College is one of South Africa’s prestigious higher institutions of learning that offers high-quality vocational education and training to learners through its well-designed courses.
If you are a prospective student of the institution, it is important you find out about Tshwane South College courses and online applications before taking certain steps. We have outlined all the courses offered by the institution as well as every bit of information about online applications at the college.
Tshwane South College Courses
Tshwane South College courses are basically learner-centered, and their durations vary depending on the student’s department. As it is with most colleges in the country, the durations of Tshwane South College courses are yet to be officially published by relevant authorities in the school.
Regardless, you can contact the school’s admission quarter or visit your department to find out the duration of your preferred course and other important things you’ve been searching for.
It is pertinent to note, however, that the school offers various certificates to graduands depending on the courses they studied. Some of them include the leadership-based certificate, General studies certificates as well as the National Certificate Vocational certificates.
Here’s a complete list of the courses offered at Tshwane South College
National Certificate Vocational (NCV) Courses
- Information Technology
- Office Administration
- Electrical Infrastructure and Construction
- Engineering and Related Design
- Finance, economics, and Accounting
- Civil Engineering and Building Construction
191 Nated Courses
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Practical Skills Training
- Practical Workshops
- Short/Hobby Courses
- Marketing Management
- Business Management
- Management Assistant
- Financial Management
- Early Childhood Development
- Clothing Production Skills
- Hospitality and Catering Services
- Business Management (Requirement: National Senior Certificate or Equivalent
English 50%, 40% in either Accounting or Mathematics or Mathematics Literacy or Business Studies or Economics)
- Financial Management (Requirement: National Senior Certificate or Equivalent
- Human Resources Management (Requirement: National Senior Certificate or Equivalent)
- Public Relation (Requirement: National Senior Certificate or Equivalent)
- Management Assistant: (Requirement: National Senior Certificate or Equivalent)
Tshwane South College Online Application Process
The online application process for Tshwane South College takes little time to be completed as long as you put the right things in place. You need an internet-friendly device and internet to begin your online application process.
- Open a browser on your computer
- Enter the link
- You will be automatically directed to where you will choose a suitable option among three options. You can click the “View Courses icon” if you want to see all the courses offered by the college or proceed to the point where you’ll see the “Register an account” icon.
- Simply select the “Register an account” icon since you do not have an already existing account with the college. The last option is for returning students.
- Next, carefully read the college’s terms and conditions and select either ‘Accept’ or ‘Reject.’
- You will be presented with a ‘Student Register Profile,’ where you are expected to fill in all the necessary information.
- The application process has three steps. Once you are done with all of them, go on to submit the form to the college.
Note: Remember, you need to meet minimum requirements for eligibility to be eligible for admission to degree study. So, it is necessary you meet the requirement before filling out your application form online.
For clarity purposes, the college stipulates that applicants holding a South African National Senior Certificate (NSC) need to pass a minimum of 4 subjects at a rating of 4 (Adequate Achievement, 50-59%) or better from a designated list of subjects to be eligible for admission.
Secondly, whether you are a South African or International applicant, you must have proof of paying the registration fee.
How to Download the Application Form
To download your online application form, you need to visit the college’s official website. Follow the link to get started. While filling out the form, there are certain details you must compulsorily provide.
This is why you must have them handy before beginning your application process. Let’s a look at the kind of details you may be required to fill out on it.
- Identification. Applicants are required to enter their “ID Type”. There are 2 options to choose from in the drop-down menu – Passport ID and South African ID. You are expected to choose any one of them.
- Once you indicate the type of ID you are applying with, the next step is to enter your valid ID/passport numbers.
- The next compulsory field on the first page is your Password, you must enter and confirm.
- Once you are done, go on to tick the box below to show you are older than 18 or were permitted by your guardian to use the website.
- Once you are done with the first step, click the ‘Continue box’ on your right hand to move to step 2. Simply go ahead to complete the last step and then submit your application.
To quickly start the online application process, follow this link for easy and fast navigation.
Note: The college advises applicants to carefully secure their password after accessing the student profile portal. Tshwane South College students will log into their student accounts in the future using the same password.
However, if for any reason, you’ve misplaced yours or have forgotten it. Do not worry. The university has outlined simple steps to take to recover it. You can either choose a new password or retrieve your old password.
To begin this process:
- Go to Tshwane South TVET College TSC Student Portal: https://www.tsc.edu.za/
- Next, click on the Forgot/Change Password link
- Enter the required details
- Click on the submit button
Unfortunately, the college hasn’t publicized the cost of processing online applications at the institution. However, after thorough research, we can establish that applicants pay non-refundable fees for application to the college.
You can simply reach the college’s admission quarters through any of the school’s communication channels to find out the exact amount applicants pay for processing their applications. Once accepted, prospective students can choose any of the school’s campuses for studies – Atteridgeville, Pretoria West, Odi, and Centurion.
Documents Required for the Procedure
- South African ID or valid passport
- South African National Senior Certificate (NSC)