An anniversary is usually a yearly event used to celebrate or remember an important event that happened in our life, it might be wedding anniversary, birthday anniversary, graduation from school and whatever event that affected our lives in a positive way and we would love to always remember them.
The date of the anniversary is usually the date the event took place which makes it even more interesting. One particular anniversary that is very common is the wedding anniversary, an anniversary that couples use to remember the day they got married or even the day he proposed or probably the date they met for the first time.
It is a moment of so much joy and also a time to do a sober reflection on the events that have taken place in our lives. Here is a list of best anniversary quotes that might interest you.
Happy Anniversary Quotes
1. The day that changed my life, the day that brought happiness in my life, the day when I proposed to you – the day is here.
2. And now I am with you. Days have passed, years have gone by, but my love for you has not changed.
3. If I had my life to live over again… I would find you sooner so that I could love you longer. Happy Anniversary to us!
4. The day is here again, I can’t remember every moment of that day, but I could remember when I first looked into your eyes. Happy Anniversary Sweetheart!
5. When I tell you I love you I don’t say it out of habit. I say it to remind you that you are the best thing that has ever happened to me. Happy Anniversary!
6. Knowing you’ll be in all my tomorrows, makes my today so wonderful!
7. I love you more than life itself and I’m so thankful that we met. My world’s now filled with sunshine, how much better can it get.
8. It was clear right from the start that you and I would never part, Happy Anniversary dear!
9. As each day passes, my love for you grows irrevocably. Here’s wishing you a very Happy Anniversary!
10. No one else would understand our relationship, and no one else in this world would understand me the way you do. Happy Anniversary!
11. You have made me a better person by loving me for who I am. Thank you for being there for me always. Happy anniversary darling!
12. To my dear wife… From the moment I married you, love and happiness abound… I’m thankful for all the happiness you give me! Happy Anniversary! – Rushi Kanya
13. We have changed over the years, but the sparkle in your eyes is as bright as ever, and my love for you is even stronger.
14. Another year to create precious memories together. Another year to discover new things to enjoy about each other. Another year to strengthen a marriage that defines forever. Happy Anniversary!
15. Every love story is beautiful, but ours is my favourite. Happy Anniversary!
16. You don’t need to be with someone who makes you happy, you just need to be someone who makes you happy.
17. My friends make me happy. They know just how to take any situation or any problem I’m having and turn it upside down.
18. The best way to remain happy forever is doing things that please you.
19. Being happy is what YOU MAKE happen, with your decisions, morals, actions towards others, a relationship, is just the cherry on top. If you’re not happy while single, you won’t be happier when in a relationship… your problems will only resurface, only this time, you have to deal with twice the emotional baggage.
20. Touch her heart, not her body, make her smile and don’t waste her tears.
21. Our love has grown… When I think of our life together over the years, all the special times and treasured memories, I know I am so lucky to have you as my wife. You bring me joy always. Happy Anniversary.
22. I’ll always remember the day I married you, without you my love, my beauty, I don’t know what I’d do. You are loving and thoughtful just to mention two, I adore your sweet smile. It makes me want you. Happy Anniversary.
23. My love, my life, my heart…they all belong to you. Happy Anniversary
24. We’ve got to convince our egos and our minds that if we want to live happy lives, love is more important than anything else!
25. I wish that God always keeps blessing you and fill your life with never-ending happiness. I never want to see you sad. I love you so much and I can do whatever it takes to make you happy. I love you!
26. Don’t just exist… live, being happy in life is simple, Focus on you, making yourself happy, love what you do and do what you love.
27. Hopefully, someday you’ll find the one you’re looking for, the one who will treat you right and love you more, someday you’ll see the love you’re destined to be… and whenever that time comes… I hope to see you HAPPY!
28. I don’t pretend to know what love is for everyone, but I can tell you what it is for me; love is knowing all about someone, and still wanting to be with them more than any other person, love is trusting them enough to tell them everything about yourself, including the things you might be ashamed of, love is feeling comfortable and safe with someone, but still getting weak knees when they walk into a room and smile at you.
29. One of the happiest things on earth is when you know you’re in love with someone who loves you MORE.
30. I don’t move forward because I’m happy, I move forward to making you happy.
31. Laugh when you have one, smile when you have one, and play when you get one because you don’t know when you’ll have them again.
32. Success is just being happy. And I try so many different things. I do a lot of different things. Because I think God has helped me to love myself. I know who God is, and I love God.
33. Falling in love with you was easy. Staying in love with you is easier. Happy birthday. I can’t wait until next year.
34. Nothing in this world could ever be as wonderful as the love you’ve given me. Your love makes my days so very bright. Happy Anniversary!
35. I love you more and more with each year that passes. I am excited to begin another year of our married life. Happy anniversary!
36. Married couples resemble a pair of scissors, often moving in opposite directions, yet punishing anyone who gets in between them. – Sydney Smith
37. You smile makes me warm. Your look makes me happy. Your presence inspires me. Happy Anniversary my love.
38. The sweet innocence of your love is profound. In this regard, may maturity be never found. Happy 1st anniversary.
39. My mother and father had a terrible marriage. They celebrated their wedding anniversary one year with their friends. Why did they celebrate? Maybe because they had lasted so many years without killing each other. – Marina Abramovic
40. I dated a lot, but I never really had anyone who was worthy of an anniversary. And most girlfriends never made it to a year, anyway – Wale
41. To the man, I have chosen to love and be with me for a lifetime, Happy Anniversary! I want you to know that words are not enough to say that I love you. Let me kiss you instead!
42. Your love is the strength that drives me to do everything for this family. You are the armour that shields me from tears. I love you so much! Happy Anniversary!
43. You made my life colourful. You’re the reason why I wake up every morning with a smile. For that, I thank you and love you more. Happy Anniversary!
44. Happy Anniversary to my dear love and very best friend.
45. Happy 10th Anniversary. Ten years together! A meaningful milestone marking your love, affection, dedication, and care.
46. May your day be filled with warm memories and bright hopes for the future. Happy Anniversary.
47. You make me smile, you make me laugh, you are the one who cheers me up. When I am down you pick me up and when I frown you turn it upside down.
48. There’s nothing in life that makes me happier than loving you. You’re my sunshine in the morning and my starlight in the night. You hold me in your arms and make my whole world seem bright.
49. Your smile makes me warm. your presence inspires me. Happy Anniversary my love.
50. Thinking of you with love on your birthday and wishing you everything that brings you happiness today and always.
51. It’s as easy to stay in love with you as it was to fall in love.
52. With each year that passes, I love you more and more.
53. Happy Anniversary to the one I’ll always want, even when I’m too old to remember what I’m supposed to want you for.
54. So there’s this boy and the way he laughs makes me smile, and the way he talks gives me butterflies and just everything about him makes me happy I love him.
55. I’m enthralled by your beauty, mesmerized by your charisma and spellbound by your love. No wonder I am always thinking about you.
Wedding Anniversary Quotes
56. As we grow older together, as we continue to change with age, there is one thing that will never change. I will always keep falling in love with you. – Karen Clodfelder
57. At every party, there are two kinds of people: those who want to go home and those who don’t. The trouble is, they are usually married to each other. – Ann Landers
58. Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes. – Jim Carrey
59. Before I met my husband, I’d never fallen in love though I’d stepped in it a few times. – Rita Rudner
60. “Love is the emblem of eternity, it confounds all notion of time, effaces all memory of a beginning, all fear of an end”. – Germaine De Stael
61. “Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.” – Aristotle
62. “Love is the condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.” – Robert Heinlein
64. “A wedding anniversary is the celebration of love, trust, partnership, tolerance, and tenacity. The order varies for any given year.” – Paul Sweeney
65. “Two souls with but a single thought, two hearts that beat as one”. – Friedrich Halm
66. “It’s so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life”. – Rita Rudner
67. “I wouldn’t change a thing…You are my soulmate. A marriage made by fate.” – Catherine Pulsifer
68. “Chains do not hold a marriage together. Threads do, hundreds of tiny threads, which sew people together through the years”. – Simone Signoret
69. “The secret of a happy marriage remains a secret”. – Henry Youngman
70. “The secret to having a good marriage is to understand that marriage must be total, it must be permanent and it must be equal”. – Frank Pittman
71. “You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because the reality is finally better than your dreams”. – Dr Seuss
72. “The richest love is that which submits to the arbitration of time.” – Lawrence Durrell
73. “Love is not blind – It sees more and not less, but because it sees more it is willing to see less.” – Will Moss
74. The secret to having a good marriage is to understand that marriage must be total, it must be permanent and it must be equal. – Frank Pittman
75. Love is one long sweet dream, and marriage is the alarm clock.
76. A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person. – Mignon McLaughlin
77. Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength while loving someone deeply gives you courage. – Lao Tzu
78. Married couples resemble a pair of scissors, often moving in opposite directions, yet punishing anyone who gets in between them. – Sydney Smith
79. Love is not weakness. It is strong. Only the sacrament of marriage can contain it. – Boris Pasternak
80. The bonds of matrimony are like any other bonds – they mature slowly – Peter De Vries
81. “If I had a flower for every time I thought of you, I could walk in my garden forever”. – Alfred Lord Tennyson
82. “There is no more lovely, friendly and charming relationship, communion or company than a good marriage”. – Martin Luther
83. “To love another person is to see the face of God.” – Les Miserables
84. Men always want to be a woman’s first love. Women have a more subtle instinct – what they like is to be a man’s last romance. – Oscar Wilde
85. A wedding anniversary is the celebration of love, trust, partnership, tolerance, and tenacity. The order varies for any given year. – Paul Sweeney
86. Better never to have met you in my dream, than to wake and reach for hands that are not there. – Otomo No Yakamochi
87. A man is already halfway in love with any woman who listens to him. – Brendan Francis
88. “For you wake one day, look around and say, somebody wonderful married me”. – Fred Ebb
89. “Let us celebrate the occasion with wine and sweet words”. – Plautus
90. “One man by himself is nothing. Two people who belong together make a world”. – Han Margolius
Anniversary Quotes For Him
91. Nothing in this world could ever be as wonderful as the love you’ve given me. Your love makes my days so very bright, just knowing you’re my darling wife. Happy Anniversary!
92. I love you more and more each year that passes. I am excited to begin another year of our married life. Happy anniversary!
93. I am so lucky to have you as my husband and this is the best day in my life. Happy anniversary to you my dear.
94. Happy Anniversary to the one I’ll always want, even when I’m too old to remember what I’m supposed to want you for.
95. You are truly a blessing from God. Thank you for being my partner, spouse, lover, and friend. Happy Anniversary.
96. Scientists have discovered that the longer people stay married, the more they begin to look alike. After 25 years you better start putting name tags in your underwear. Happy Anniversary.
97. Happy anniversary to you both; Have a bright and happy day. Your marriage sets an example; it shines in every way.
98. I was lonely and confused…You guided me and made me happy. Ever since I have become a fan of you. Happy anniversary.
99. You had turned my life to a poem and its rhythm makes my dears and nears to rejoice ever and ever Happy Anniversary to you.
100. You smile makes me warm. Your look makes me happy. Your presence inspires me. Happy Anniversary my love.
Funny Anniversary Quotes
101. If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?
102. I’m wishing you guys another great year together.
103. It’s that magical time of the year again. Oh wait, it isn’t Christmas. It’s just our anniversary.
104. Love is like war: Easy to begin but hard to end.
105. A day of loving. A week of quarrel. A month of the war. A year of marriage. Happy Anniversary!
106. Being married is like being on a battlefield. You have to always prepare yourself for the war. Happy Anniversary though!
107. Congratulations on another anniversary that proves that you are blessed with each other.
108. Congratulations! Cheers to another year of suffering and misery.
109. Thanks for being a couple of role models of marriage. Happy Anniversary!
110. The best part of being married to you is that I know you won’t testify against me if I’m ever on trial. I wouldn’t testify against you either, even if you killed me.
111. The longer you’re with someone the more you rub off on each other. So I don’t expect that at this point there is much of you left as individuals.
112. The world has grown suspicious of anything that looks like a happily married life.
113. Today we celebrate your most difficult accomplishment, staying married to me all these years.
114. We’re hoping you two are blessed with many more years together.
115. Each anniversary that passes it gets a little easier for me to accept that fact that you will be stuck with me for the rest of my life.
116. God proved his sense of humor when he matched you and me together. He also proved He’s a genius.
117. Good thing you are better at forgiving me than I am of making your life difficult. Happy belated Anniversary! Will you forgive me again?
118. Happy Anniversary to a couple of people who probably shouldn’t have gotten married, but somehow have made it work all these years.
119. Happy Anniversary! Now if I can just remember your birthday this year.
120. Here’s to two imperfect pieces that fit together perfectly.
121, I am happy to know two amazing people who have been together for an amazing amount of time. That’s you two!
122. I can’t imagine where I’d be without you… I’d probably be dead.
123. I probably wouldn’t have made it this long being married, but I can’t remember how to wash my socks from my bachelor years. Come to think of it, I don’t think I ever did know how to wash my socks.
124. Marriage means commitment. Of course, so does insanity.
125. No matter what happens, I know that I can depend on you. Maybe that’s why I do so many stupid things. Happy Anniversary!
126. Old age is when it takes you longer to get over a good time than to have it.
127. I was going to get you an anniversary card, but I thought it more fitting that I get you a sympathy card for our anniversary. Misery loves company.
128. If I had to choose to do it all over again I would marry you again… I’m not so sure about having the kids though.
129. What an awesome thing it is to be together for so long. Congratulations!
130. You two are an inspiration to those who are blessed to know you.
See Also: 200 Best Love Quotes For Your Girlfriend
One Year Anniversary Quotes
131. I am afraid that being around a couple as sweet as you will make me diabetic. Happy first anniversary.
132. You may be two individuals but your souls have become ONE. Happy 1st anniversary.
133. Your married life is like a young rosebud waiting to burst open. When it blossoms into a beautiful flower it will fill your life with the everlasting fragrance of love and the beauty of companionship. Happy 1st anniversary.
134. The sweet innocence of your love is profound. In this regard, may maturity be never found. Happy 1st anniversary.
135. You both are not just any other beautiful couple. In your chemistry, there is something special. Just looking at you both talk like two teenagers in love, makes it seem that your pair was matched by the heavens above. Happy 1st anniversary.
136. A first anniversary is like a trailer for the movie of your married life. It gives you a glimpse of all the twists and turns, suspense and climax that you will experience in the future. Happy anniversary.
137. In the circle of your married life – bank balances will rise and fall, troubles will come and go, jobs will be new and old, debts will appear and disappear, children will be younger and older. But I hope that happiness and love forever remain. Happy 1st anniversary.
138. I take pride in wishing you both happy first anniversary because you are a perfect example of a happy and loving couple. Have a good one.
139. I thought of writing a few rhymes for your first-anniversary card. But who am I to write a rhyme for a couple whose love life is as beautiful as a romantic poem by Shakespeare. Happy 1st anniversary.
140. Twelve months of peaking romance, never-ending hugs, and sizzling kisses calls for a celebration. Happy 1st anniversary.
141. The sun seems to be shining brighter, the skies seem a bit bluer and the birds seem a bit chirpier – all because today is the anniversary of a sweet couple unlike any other. Happy 1st anniversary.
142. A year ago on the same day, you were gazing into each other’s eyes and saying I do. One whole year has passed and you still haven’t stop gazing. Happy first anniversary.
143. Since first impressions are the last impressions, be sure to celebrate your first anniversary as if it is the most important anniversary of your life. Happy first anniversary.
144. You may be a young couple but the maturity of your relationship is that of someone celebrating their 50th anniversary. Cheers to you both.
145. As a couple, you are cuter than Mike and Molly, cooler than Leonard and Penny, more romantic than Ross and Rachel and way more made for each other than Homer and Marge. Happy 1st anniversary.
146. Your first anniversary should be a warning to you. The first twelve months of your life as a couple are now over and the gloves are expected to come off anytime soon. All the best.
147. When you both had a crush on each other I thought you both were being silly. When you started dating, I thought you made quite a pair. When you got married, I thought you made a lovely couple. And as you celebrate your first anniversary, I can finally see that you are made for each other. Happy first anniversary.
148. Look at your first anniversary as life’s way of reminding you how madly you are in love with each other since the day you met. Happy 1st anniversary.
149. Today I am going to send a congratulatory greeting card to Cupid for doing such a good job with you both. Happy 1st anniversary.
150. The beauty of celebrating your first anniversary is the ignorance that the rest of them will be nowhere near so wildly romantic. Happy first anniversary.
151. I always thought that money is everything in life until I saw the tender love between you and your wife. Happy first anniversary.
152. I hope that you never have a dull moment in your life, I hope that your marriage is free of strife, I hope you always remain the epitome of the perfect husband and wife. Happy 1st anniversary.
153. In the first year of your marriage, you both have walked with each other in perfect sync. If you ever happen to stumble, think about all the promises you made when you exchanged your wedding ring. Happy first anniversary.
154. Whether it is the first or the fiftieth, every anniversary is a testament to your patience and perseverance in tackling life together as a couple. Happy 1st anniversary.
155. Your first anniversary is a turning point in your married life after which the cute bad habits of your partner won’t seem cute any longer. Happy first anniversary.
156. I hope that you never have a dull moment in your life, I hope that your marriage is free of strife, I hope you always remain the epitome of the perfect husband and wife. Happy 1st anniversary.
157. In the first year of your marriage, you both have walked with each other in perfect sync. If you ever happen to stumble, think about all the promises you made when you exchanged your wedding ring. Happy first anniversary.
158. Yes, it was love at first sight. I feel that after all these years, I have finally found my soul mate. – Barbara Hershey
159. I love you, my wife, you deserve anything and everything. Happy first anniversary.
160. Like the clear blue skies, your love is fresh and bright. Like the sea, your love is vast and enchanting. Like a rainbow, your love has many vibrant hues. Like a blooming flower, your love’s fragrance is mesmerising. Happy first anniversary.
161. Seeing you together for one year was enough to make me realise that marriage is indeed the beautiful union of two hearts, minds and souls. Happy first wedding anniversary.
Anniversary Quotes For Husband
162. True love isn’t about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated.
163. Happy Anniversary to the one I’ll always want, even when I’m too old to remember what I’m supposed to want you for.
164. I love you more and more each year that passes. I am excited to begin another year of our married life. Happy anniversary!
165. We’ve had a lot of years together…but nowhere near enough. Happy Anniversary!
166. My love, my life, my heart…they all belong to you. Happy Anniversary
167. Every good relationship, especially marriage, is based on respect. If it’s not based on respect, nothing that appears to be good will last very long. – Amy Grant
168. A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together becomes reality. – John Lennon
169. We are celebrating our wedding anniversary today! Thankful to God for giving me a godly, loving, thoughtful, funny and awesome man for a husband! And good-looking too!
170. One good husband is worth two good wives, for the scarcer things are, the more they are valued. – Benjamin Franklin
171. An archaeologist is the best husband a woman can have. The older she gets the more interested he is in her. – Agatha Christie
172. A husband is a guy who tells you when you’ve got on too much lipstick and helps you with your girdle when your hips stick. – Ogden Nash
173. When a wife has a good husband it is easily seen on her face.
174. Nothing else that a wife may suffer, equals this: if she loses her husband, she loses her life.
175. I am so blessed to have you in my life and couldn’t imagine it any other way. You are an amazing husband and father and we are so thankful for all that you do. I love you with all my heart and pray your day is full of love and joy.
Read Also: Top 200 Sad Quotes
Anniversary Quotes For Wife
176. Life can’t get any better – I tend to overuse this phrase because my life keeps getting better with you every single day. Happy anniversary.
177. You are the seat belt in the roller coaster ride of my life because you keep me calm through all the highs and lows, twist and turns. Happy anniversary.
178. It doesn’t matter whether we always agree or disagree. What matters is that I love you and you love me. Happy anniversary.
179. This anniversary is a small step in our life’s journey and a beautiful moment which will shape our destiny. Happy anniversary.
180. Our anniversary is not just a date, it signifies that we are both lucky to have such a beautiful fate. Happy anniversary.
181. My anniversary gift to you looks insignificant in front of the awesome gift of a wonderful marriage that you have given me. Happy anniversary.
182. The symbolic meaning of our anniversary is that you and I were meant to be. I love you, happy anniversary.
183. Some husbands dedicate songs, some dedicate a Facebook page and some dedicate a wish to their wives on a wedding anniversary. I dedicate my whole life to you sweetheart. Happy anniversary.
184. All these years of marriage have been like a beautiful long dream without an annoying alarm clock to wake me up. Happy anniversary.
185. Our wedding anniversary marks the end of a beautiful year and the start of another beautiful year in our happily married life. Happy anniversary beautiful.
186. A Beautiful rose for a Beautiful woman who is my Beautiful wife and has given me a Beautiful life. Happy anniversary.
187. You are the Good in my Good Morning, Happy in my Happy Birthday and Love in my I Love You. Happy anniversary to the woman who is the essence of my life.
188. You have given me one bad habit after another – first I couldn’t take my eyes off you and now I am obsessed with you. Happy anniversary.
189. I want our anniversary celebration to be grand because you make our lives grand every single day. Happy anniversary.
190. You are the foundation on which the tower of my professional success rests. Happy anniversary to my wife, thanks for all your support.
192. Our life as a couple is like a set of lock and key which can’t work without each other. Happy anniversary.
193. Every day when we fight and argue, I may have a thousand reasons to be angry at you, but I have a million reasons to love you too. Happy anniversary to you.
194. Nothing can stop our anniversary from being happy, as long as you don’t stop being my amazing wifey. Happy anniversary.
195. Happy anniversary to my wife – the reason behind my happiness, the reason for my success, the reason for all my smiles, the reason our marriage has lasted many a mile.
196. Life without you would be like nachos without cheese. Happy anniversary to the woman who makes my life hot and spicy.
197. It doesn’t matter whether it is our first, fifth, tenth or fifteenth marriage anniversary. What matters is that I will always love you and you will always love me. Happy anniversary darling.
198. Even though we have been married just for a few years, you can read my mind as if you have known me for a lifetime. Happy anniversary, I love you.
199. ‘Our marriage is like a haiku poem – seemingly simple but profound upon reflection. Happy anniversary.
200. Our anniversary is a celebration of the mistakes we made in the past, memories we are making in the present and happiness we will see in the future. Happy anniversary.