When we look at the clock, we will notice that it is always moving, however instead of staring at the clock, we must learn to keep moving just as the clock is moving. Yes life is full of challenges and circumstances that want to stop one from moving forward, but we must against all odds keep moving. Here are some nice meaningful quotes to keep you moving.
Short Meaningful Quotes About Life
1. “Don’t become a wandering generality. Be a meaningful specific.” – Zig Ziglar
2. “She taught you how to be a person who refuses anything but the meaningful. [About Susan Sontag]” – Michael Silverblatt
3. “This award is meaningful because it comes from my fellow dealers in celluloid.” – Alfred Hitchcock
4. “Tarzan is direct; he doesn’t ask Jane if they might have a meaningful relationship or if they can get together for lunch sometime.” – Richard Kahn
5. “Mistakes are part of the dues that one pays for a full life.” – Sophia Loren
6. “If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun.” – Katharine Hepburn
7. “Don’t be afraid your life will end; be afraid that it will never begin.” – Grace Hansen
8. There’s only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that’s your own self – Aldous Huxley
9. A tree is known by its fruit; a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost; he who sows courtesy reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love – St. Basil
10. It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change – Charles Darwin
11. Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity – Henry Van Dyke
12. You don’t have to be a fantastic hero to do certain things; to compete. You can be just an ordinary chap, sufficiently motivated to reach challenging goals – Sir Edmund Hillary
13. “You can’t trample infidels when you’re a tortoise. I mean, all you could do is give them a meaningful look.” – Terry Pratchett
14. “Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” – Abraham Lincoln
15. “I am what I am today because of the choices I made yesterday.” – Unknown
16. “Never give up on something that you can’t go a day without thinking about.” – Unknown
17. “It’s never too late?in fiction or in life?to revise.” – Nancy Thayer
18. “The word ‘meaningful’ when used today is nearly always meaningless.” – Paul Johnson
19. “The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.” – Alice Walker
20. “beware the bareness of a busy life” – Socrates
21. “You cannot make it as a wandering generality. You must become a meaningful specific.” – Zig Ziglar
22. “And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.” – Abraham Lincoln
23. “We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.” – Winston Churchill
24. Tell me and I will forget. Show me and I will remember. Involve me and I will understand. – Confucius
25. Never be bullied into silence, never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life, define yourself – Robert Frost
26. You wouldn’t worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do – Eleanor Roosevelt
27. Don’t be seduced into thinking that that which does not make profit is without value – Arthur Miller
28. Promise me you’ll always remember: You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think – A.A Milne
29. “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit.” – Aristotle
30. “Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it.” – Confucius
31. “Only those who dare to fail greatly, can ever achieve greatly.” – Robert F. Kennedy
32. “The only thing in life achieved without effort is failure.” – Unknown
33. “Courage is like a muscle. We strengthen it with use.” – Ruth Gordon
34. One day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful. – Sigmund Freud
35. If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude – Maya Angelou
36. The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. – Bertrand Russell
37. The thinking that got us to where we are is not the thinking that will get us to where we want to be – Albert Einstein
38. “Learn as if you were going to live forever. Live as if you were going to die tomorrow.” – Mahatma Gandhi
39. “You can’t be brave if you’ve only had wonderful things happen to you.” – Mary Tyler Moore
40. “Time is a dressmaker specializing in alterations.” – Faith Baldwin
41. “Nothing is predestined: The obstacles of your past can become the gateways that lead to new beginnings.” – Ralph Blum
42. Don’t raise your voice. Improve your argument. – Desmond Tutu
43. Don’t hate what you don’t understand. – John Lennon
44. No one has ever become poor by giving. – Anne Frank
45. The most decisive actions of our life… are most often unconsidered actions. – André Gide
46. Life is just a chance to grow a soul. – A. Powell Davies
47. Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile. – Albert Einstein
48. Expect nothing, live frugally on surprise. – Alice Walker
49. Because I have loved life, I shall have no sorrow to die. – Amelia Burr
50. A faithful friend is the medicine of life. – Ecclesiastics 6:16
51. The antidote for fifty enemies is one friend. – Aristotle
52. The most I can do for my friend is simply be his friend. – Henry David Thoreau
53. It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend. – William Blake
54. The courses of true love never did run smooth. – William Shakespeare
55. All is well in the world when in love. – Unknown
56. The only way to have a friend is to be one. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
57. My best friend is the one who brings out the best in me. – Henry Ford
58. Friendship is like money, easier made than kept. – Samuel Butler
59. It is not only necessary to love, it is necessary to say so. – French proverb
60. Love is great when you find someone to give it to. – Unknown
61. Love is neither true or false, love is love. – Camilla Saunders
62. Man loves little and often: Woman much and rarely. – Unknown
63. Reason and love are sworn enemies. – Pierre Corneille
64. The mind is a wonderful servant but a terrible master. – Robin Sharma
65. Success is the best revenge for anything. – Ed Sheeran
66. Nothing will work unless you do. – Maya Angelou
67. Don’t stumble over something behind you. – Unknown
68. If you judge people you have no time to love them. – Mother Teresa
69. Friendship is a sheltering tree. – Samuel Taylor Coleridge
70. A friend is one who knows us, but loves us anyway. – Fr. Jerome Cummings
71. Fate chooses our relatives, we choose our friends. – Jacques Delille
72. Choose your friends carefully. Your enemies will choose you. – Yassir Arafat
73. Only your real friends tell you when your face is dirty. – Sicilian Proverb
74. People living deeply have no fear of death. – Anais Nin
75. Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it. – Confucius
76. If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. – Katherine Hepburn
77. Mistakes are part of the dues that one pays for a full life. – Sophia Loren
78. Life is a process. We are a process. The universe is a process. – Anne Wilson Schaef
79. The good life is inspired by love and guided by knowledge. – Bertrand Russell
80. Our lives are like a candle in the wind. – Carl Sandburg
81. Be a voice not an echo. – Unknown
82. There is only one happiness in life – to love and to be loved. – George Sand
83. Where there is love there is life. – Mahatma Gandhi
84. Love is an act of endless forgiveness, a tender look which becomes a habit. – Peter Ustinov
85. Follow love and it will flee, flee love and it will follow. – Unknown
86. Love is trembling happiness. – Kahlil Gibran
87. “I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul.” – William Henley
88. “To be irreplaceable you have to be different” – Unknown
89. “Success is the best revenge” – Unknown
90. “I have not failed. I have just found 10,000 ways that do not work” – Thomas Edison
91. “Pain is weakness leaving the body” – Unknown
92. “No man alive, knows the struggles i’ve survived” – Unknown
93. “Turn your wounds into wisdom.” – Unknown
94. “May I be forever grateful that at times, I did not receive that which I truly deserved.” – Unknown
95. “Quirky is sexy, like scars or chipped teeth. I also like tattoos – they’re rebellious” – Jennifer Aniston
96. “Sometimes I bust out and do things so permanent; like tattoos and marriage.” – Drew Barrymore
97. “Giving birth] was easier than having a tattoo.” – Nicole Appleton
98. “I want to get a tattoo of myself on my entire body, only 2″ taller” – Stephen Wright
99. There Are No Rules That Can Bind You When You Find Your Other Half
100. All is fair in Love and War
101. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given “to” us
102. And miles to go before I sleep
103. “Reason and love are sworn enemies.”
104. “The time is now” – Unknown
105. “Follow the moon” – Unknown
106. “Blood, Sweat, but never Tears” – Unknown
107. “Life teaches, Love reveals” – Unknown
108. “Actions speak louder than words.” – Unknown
109. “Tell me I can’t, ill show you I can.” – Unknown
110. “Stand for something, or you’ll fall for anything.” – Unknown
111. “A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes.” – Unknown
112. “The heart sees whats invisible to the eye.” – Unknown
113. “beauty is truths smile?” – Unknown
114. “Life is simple, it’s just not easy” – Anon
115. “Never stop dreaming” – Anon
116. “Think big thoughts, but relish small pleasures” – Unknown
117. “Beauty is skin deep. A tattoo goes all the way to the bone.” – Vince Hemingson
118. “I always look for a woman who has a tattoo. I see a woman with a tattoo, and I’m thinking, okay, here’s a gal who’s capable of making a decision she’ll regret in the future.” – Richard Jeni
119. “For someone who likes tattoos, the most precious thing is bare skin.” – Cher
120. “Women, don’t get a tattoo. That butterfly looks great on your breast when you’re twenty or thirty, but when you get to seventy, it stretches into a condor.” – Billy Elmer
121. “Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.” – Unknown
122. “What doesn’t kill me only makes me stronger.” – Unknown
123. “Tattoo on the lower back? Might as well be a bullseye.” – Wedding Crashers
124. “A quote is just a tattoo on the tongue.” – William F. DeVault
125. “The perfect tattoo… the one I believe we are all struggling toward… is the one that turned the jackass into a zebra.” – Cliff Raven
126. “God gave burdens, also shoulders.” – Unknown
127. “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage.” – Anais Nin
128. “What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
129. “Leap and the net will appear.” – Unknown
130. “Have the courage to live. Anyone can die” – Unknown
131. “If you want something you’ve never had, do something you’ve never done.” – Unknown
132. “I may be lying in the gutter, but I’m staring at the stars.” – Unknown
133. “He who has a why to live can bear almost any how.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
134. “Some things are better left unsaid” – Unknown
135. “never a failure, always a lesson” – Unknown
136. “believe the impossible” – Unknown
137. “the only way out is through” – Unknown
138. “Men are like roses; watch out for all of the pricks.” – Unknown
139. “Attack life, it’s going to kill you anyways” – Unknown
140. “Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.” – Unknown
141. “Show me a man with a tattoo and I’ll show you a man with an interesting past.” – Jack London
142. “The tattoo attracts and also repels precisely because it is different.” – Margo DeMello
143. “The world is divided into two kinds of people: those who have tattoos, and those who are afraid of people with tattoos.” – Unknown
144. “Once our minds are ‘tattooed’ with negative thinking, our chances for long-term success diminish” – John Maxwell
145. Never doubt that I am here for you. My devotion is a contract signed with my words, and honored by my heart.
146. Being selfish for me is not an issue, because the very core of my being is committed to loving you to a selfless end.
147. Your love is my remedy and my reward. For all my labor, your love is fruit.
148. If my love was a gas tank, it would never land on E… for the generous love you provide constantly fills it.
149. I’m far from being an angel, but when I’m with you, heaven is never too far away.
150. I fell in love with a heart-breaker who stole my heart and broke in two… Put one half of it up as a trophy… Because of you my other half will never be whole again.
151. You are both my bliss and my distraction. Loving you is both my strength and my downfall.
152. Though obstacles continue to block our love, they only create new paths and possibilities for our love to grow.
153. Testing it’s character, and perfecting our future. Nothing can stand in the way of you and I.
154. Inside of your caress is home to where my refuge lies.
155. You are my dream come true. The reason I see the good in life, and aspire to keep dreaming.
156. My fondness for you grows as your appetite for me becomes more insatiable over time.
157. Your smile is the highlight of every day and your intimacy is the reward of every evening.
158. Your love is the essence by which I am motivated, and it’s the force that I strive for to keep my heart beating.
159. Who are they to say we are crazy? To dismiss our love as frivolous lust? To degrade our union in sight of its beautiful mystery and confusion? God placed us together. This is no phenomenon. Our connection was cosmically ordered.
160. Our love is a dance where neither one of us takes the lead.
161. Our love story is one that I never get tired of reading.
162. Your strong arms take me and make me whole. No other man can satisfy me like you. Though you are not a soldier, you serve me as if it’s your call of duty.
163. I wake to your spirit. Your energy vibrates from within…. There you find me again. We meet in our sacred place… my heart. I miss you!
164. The affection you exhibit is like no other. Your love is all I need. You exude tenderness, and are filled with the love of one thousand women!