South Africa as a country is blessed with beautiful geographical features, cities, and towns. Muldersdrift is one of such beautiful areas in South Africa. It is situated in the Gauteng Province between Johannesburg and the Magaliesberg mountain area. Muldersdrift is in the West Rand District Municipality and forms part of Mogale City. It has a rich history and is also picturesque.
What is more interesting about the area is that it is right in the heart of the Kromdraai Valley and the Crocodile River. It forms part of the Cradle of Humankind, which is a World Heritage Site, and the Crocodile Ramble. With all its natural endowments, Muldersdrift provides intending couples with a wide range of wedding venues to choose from. It is also an excellent location for adventures and sightseeing, so everyone gets entertained by nature.
Features of an Amazing Wedding Venue
Weddings are intended to be a once-in-a-lifetime experience, and for this reason, intending couples leave nothing to chance when choosing a wedding venue. So what can one look for in an ideal wedding venue? Here is a list to guide you.
- Wedding area or chapel: there is no wedding without the official ceremony, so you need to see that whatever venue you choose has a unique space for this ceremony.
- Picturesque setting ideal for photographs: well, it is not a special day if you do not have those romantic photos to look back on.
- Catering services: good food is vital and will leave a lasting impression on your guests. An ideal catering service should be an all-inclusive one.
- Side attraction: it is not a bad idea to have some good form of distraction.
- Adequate space: your guests should not be packed like sardines.
- Availability of toilets/washrooms: after all that wining and dining, there should be a convenient place for you and your guests to relieve yourselves.
- Affordability: the venue should fit your ideals and budget
- Scenic views: the surrounding should be breathtaking enough to create that aha moment for the entire wedding party.
- Accommodation: This is very important, especially if wedding guests are arriving from afar. It works well if the venue has accommodation included in it. This way, the couple would not have to worry about their guests missing their way or not being catered for.
- Parking space and traffic control: You do not want chaos on your dream day, so the venue must have a strategy for traffic control and adequate space within for parking.
Top 10 Best Wedding Venues in Muldersdrift
The list of glamorous wedding venues in Muldersdrift for intending couples cannot be exhausted as Muldersdrift plays home to the majority of South Africa’s hospitality industry. With such a record, it can be very tricky for intending couples to quickly make up their minds regarding an ideal wedding venue. So, take your time, think it through, and if you have the time and means, do take a tour of your prospective venue to find what is perfect for your big day. Here is a list of some of the most ideal wedding venues in Muldersdrift.
1. The Nutcracker Country Venue
- Address: The Nutcracker Venue, Schurwedraai farm Vredefort Dome.
- Owner: Van Der Merwe Family
- Price Range: Available on demand
- Type of Venue: Quaint chapel, indoor and outdoor spaces with tents
- Capacity: 30 to 160 persons
- Highlights: Real farm experience and spectacular scenery
- Bonus: Discounts on specials
At the Nutcracker Country Venue, the spirit of adventure meets intimacy in the country. This venue has a rich and emotional history and would have you fall in love over again with your partner. It once housed a school for native children during the colonial days. If you are a lover of water and the tranquility of country life, then you would love The Nutcrackers. It is located on a real farm settlement away from the beehive of activities that characterize the city.
If you love wildlife adventures, then Nutcracker would be ideal for you. Here wedding memories are built around your closest friends and family owing to the size of the facility. It is both ancient and traditional and along the banks of the Vaal River. The scenery is mind-blowing.
2. Waterfall Cove River Edge Venue
- Address: Waterfall Cove River Edge Venue, Muldersdrift, South Africa.
- Owner: Erna & Mornè
- Price Range: Available on request
- Type of Venue: Reception hall, Picnic Wedding, Out-Door Forest Dome Ceremony, Amphi-Theatre Chapel, Dome River Bank Chapel
- Capacity: 20 to 300 persons
- Highlights: Automatic switch over generator, accommodation, and bridal suites
- Bonus: 50% discount for children, free vintage 1952 London double-decker bus.
There couldn’t be a more romantic idea than a wedding by the bank of a river with aromatic plants to help you relax. Waterfall Cove is by the bank of the Crocodile River, but you do not have to worry about any crocodiles. It is equally perched on a herb farm. Imagine the aroma of your favorite herbs gracing your nostrils on your special day; well, that is what you get when you wed on a herb farm. It has excellent scenery ideal for memorable photos. It is only a 20-minute drive from Lanseria airport in case you have guests flying in.
- Address: Plot 69, R114 Driefontein Road, Muldersdrift, 1747 South Africa.
- Owner: Trevor and Helen D’Oliviera
- Price Range: R5,000 to R50,000 depending on wedding package
- Type of Venue: banquet hall, chapel, amphitheater, lavender field, ballroom, fireside, and willow room.
- Capacity: 80 to 300 guests
- Highlights: Interchangeable menus, assistance with flowers and decoration
- Bonus: Discount on special packages
Avianto is a magnificent place for a wedding. If you have a taste for the vintage and sophisticated, then you will love Avianto. The stone wall buildings give the venue an ancient touch, and the picturesque view will blow your mind away. The interior and decorations are top-notch and would meet your taste no matter how demanding you are.
The menus are flexible, and you are guaranteed sumptuous meals to leave a good impression on your guests. The venue is also excellent for those memorable wedding pictures, with professional staff available to help you and the photographers create the perfect background for your wedding photos. It is a 20-minute drive from Lanseria airport.
4. Everwood Country Weddings
- Address: Everwood Country Weddings, Plot 138 Nooitgedacht, Muldersdrift
- Owner: N/A
- Price Range: Venue rates – R14,900. Wedding packages – R24,000 to R30,500 (Budget Menu | R205 p/p; Plated menus | R340 p/p; Braai menu | R260 p/p)
- Type of Venue: Banquet hall, chapel, and outdoor.
- Capacity: 50 to 200, depending on the venue.
- Highlights: Cottage ruins for photographs, wedding suite
- Bonus: 50% discount for children if more than 80 adult guests are booked and 35% Discount on Everwood items for Fridays, Sundays & Saturdays in June & July.
If you love the peace of country life, then you will love Everwood Country Weddings. The venue is located in the heart of Nooitgedacht. Its fountains, well-kept lawns, flowers, gigantic trees, and fairytale setting are ideal for a romantic wedding moment. This is like a wedding in a magical forest, an authentic getaway experience for lovebirds to enjoy, and, of course, one of the most amazing wedding venues in Muldersdrift.
5. Monte Vista
- Address: 72, R563, Protea Ridge, Krugersdorp
- Owner: N/A
- Price Range: R12,000 to R37,000 (Mondays to Thursdays from R370 per person; Fridays averaging at R466 per person; Saturdays averaging at R567 per person; Sundays averaging at R430 per person)
- Type of Venue: Outdoor and indoor
- Capacity: 30 to 500 persons
- Highlights: Bridal suite, wedding planning, and photography
- Bonus: Food tasting
Monte Vista is an amazing place for a wedding. Its setting is serene, with grasslands, fountains, lawns, and gardens to help you relax and enjoy your special day. The venue is also ideal for those once-in-a-lifetime wedding photographs. You cannot get enough of the beautiful sunset at this venue. You are guaranteed an unforgettable outdoor wedding experience and a beautiful sunset to usher in your new life as a couple.
6. The Bridge Venue – Muldersdrift
- Address: Corner Abraham van Wyk Rd & Drift Blvd, Muldersdrift Mogale City. 1747
- Owner: N/A
- Price Range: On request
- Type of Venue: Riverhouse, Main hall, Gazebos and Chapel weddings
- Capacity: 40 to 180 guests
- Highlights: Welcome drinks
- Bonus: N/A
The Bridge Venue is worth going to if you are a huge fan of everything countryside. Here, you are guaranteed an unforgettable farmhouse experience. It has everything from water fountains to beautiful lawns and flower beds. The award-winning venue is located by the banks of Wilgespruit and has an actual bridge across low-level water to usher you into the wedding area. It is just a 20-minute drive from Randburg and Fourways and about 35 minutes from Pretoria. Who knows, you may end up on a water adventure.
7. Trés Jolie
- Address: Plot 22, Peter Road, Ruimsig (between Honeydew & Muldersdrift)
- Owner: N/A
- Price Range: R3,500 to R19,500
- Type of Venue: Garden, fountain court, courtyard, chapel, and dining room
- Capacity: 20 to 250 guests
- Highlights: Assistance with flowers and decoration
- Bonus: Garden chapel is free
This venue gives you a chance to have a genuinely intimate occasion. With picturesque and breathtaking surroundings, it is ideal for that perfect country wedding. Here you will be greeted by exquisite landscape and gardens with water features and fountains for a romantic experience. So sit back, relax, and indulge in a fantastic country experience while saying I do to the love of your life on your special day.
8. Steynshoop Wedding Venue Magaliesberg
- Address: 1, Steynshoop Farm, Hekpoort, 1790, South Africa
- Owner: N/A
- Price Range: R45, 900 to R83, 900 with optional custom packages available on demand.
- Type of Venue: Chapel, indoor and outdoor spaces available, pool-side thatched garden gazebo
- Capacity: 50 to 150 guests
- Highlights: Accommodation, bridal suites, honeymoon suites, self-catering lodge (Steynshoop Valley Lodge), and hotel (Steynshoop Mountain Lodge). There is a fairytale area for photoshoots.
- Bonus: Free venue tour
Say ‘I do’ in the most intimate way possible at Steynshoop Wedding Venue Magaliesberg. The venue is glorious in all the ways that you can imagine. You have the luxury of waterside and all the beauty that it beholds. All you need to do is bring your friends and family and prepare to be wowed by the grandeur of nature. Love is best celebrated with those closest to you.
9. Valvarde Eco Hotel
- Address: BeyersNaude Ext., Plot 5, Lammermoor, Muldersdrift, South Africa.
- Owner: N/A
- Price Range: Available on demand
- Type of Venue: Jasmine Chapel, Kings Hall, Vista Chapel, Olive Lapa, Picnic, and Garden
- Capacity: 60 to 250 guests
- Highlights: Food tasting for the bride and groom, photoshoot area, money-back guarantee, accommodation, self-catering is allowed
- Bonus: Discounts on special packages, free photo shooting area
This alluring venue prides itself as one of the most beautiful wedding venues in Muldersdrift – by extension, Jo’burg – and judging by the reviews on the venue, they may be just right. It is simply a haven. What more can an intending couple hope for than to be married in a serene atmosphere that equally allows them to unwind without going bankrupt.
Valverde Eco Hotel is eco-friendly with a beautiful renaissance garden. Another fantastic thing about this venue is that there are way too many freebies on offer, plus it is an award-winning one. Added to that are the romantic water features and scenery that you cannot get enough of. The meals will leave your guests wanting some more.
- Address: Plot 42 Valleyfarm Road (R374), Driefontein, Muldersdrift
- Owner: N/A
- Type of Venue: River Side, Water Terrace, Cascades – Waterfalls and Forest Chapel
- Capacity: 100 to 300 people depending on the selected venue.
- Highlights: Accommodation (groom, family, and exclusive suit)) with free breakfast and a free bridal room on the wedding day for the bride.
- Bonus: Discounted prices for children and a 40% discount will apply on venue hire for the months of May to August.
The Wedding Packages on Memoire until September 2022 include:
|Day of the Week||August 20 – August 21||Sept. 21 – September 22|
|Monday – Thursday||R25,000.00||R28,000.00|
|Package||August 20 – August 21||Sept. 21 – September 22|
|Ruby||R700.00 p/p||R800.00 p/p|
|Emerald||R800.00 p/p||R900.00 p/p|
|Tanzanite||R900.00 p/p||R1,050.00 p/p|
|Diamond||R1,050.00 p/p||R1,150.00 p/p|
As the name implies, Memoire is one of the wedding venues in Muldersdrift designed to help make your special day memorable. The venue has all you need for a dream wedding, from the chapel, gazebo to mouthwatering meals, you name it. It is located close to Kromdraai Valley so that the entire wedding party can get the best of Muldersdrift on this special occasion.
Note that the money paid as venue rates comes with this wonderful package:
- Round, square, or banquet tables seating 8-10 people each.
- Comfortable upholstered wooden chairs.
- Cream/ White/Ivory/Champagne table cloths and Linen serviettes.
- Standard cutlery and crockery.
- “Cut glass” wine and champagne glasses for the tables.
- Beautiful wooden cake table
- Table for DJ with table cloth and chairs.
- Dance Floor Area.
- Beautifully landscaped setting for capturing your special moments.