Virgin Active is a chain of health clubs that can be found in eight (8) nations across the world – South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, Italy, Australia, Singapore, Thailand, and the United Kingdom.
One hundred and thirty-three (133) health clubs are currently operated by the organization in South Africa, Botswana, and Namibia. Virgin Active’s mission is to support people of all ages in leading active lifestyles fervently. To become a member, monthly fees range from R280 to R1,200 but can go up to R2,890.
How Much is Virgin Active Membership?
Virgin Active fees range from R105 to R2890 and include affordable gym membership plans that suit everyone. There are membership plans for adults (Over 25 years), youth (14 – 25 years), and kids (Under 14 years).
Virgin Active Account Packages and Monthly Fee
Virgin Active monthly fees are quite affordable. However, prices and facilities vary per club and membership duration.
Here’s a breakdown of the health club’s monthly fee.
KIDS MEMBERSHIP (Per Month)
- This plan ensures safe, secure kids’ movement spaces for kids between 6 weeks and 13 years.
- Price is between R105 – R249
CLUB MEMBERSHIP (Per Month)
- This plan gives clients access to one club in South Africa. You can choose between off-peak or anytime access.
- Price is between R280 – R1200
PREMIER MEMBERSHIP (Per Month)
- Here, clients have access to multiple clubs to keep them active while they’re on the move.
- Price is between R810 – R1345
COLLECTION MEMBERSHIP (Per Month)
- This plan allows for full access to all clubs, including their luxury destinations.
- Price is between R1410 – R2890
- With this plan, clients can save up to 75% on monthly gym membership fees and earn Vitality points for every 30+ minute online workout a day.
- Momentum Premier members save 25% monthly on Virgin Active gym membership fees.
- Zero activation fee and no minimum gym visits are required.
Here are Virgin Active Membership Plans to Choose From:
This plan gives clients full access to all local and international clubs and luxury destinations.
This plan gives clients unrestricted access to all clubs in South Africa and abroad,
excluding collection cubs.
Here, clients get full access to a single club of their choice, excluding collection clubs.
Benefits of Being a Member of Virgin Active
1. Special offer
As a member of Virgin Active, you will get to save 50% on your fees for the first 3 months when you join as a premier member. You will also get a free Premier upgrade for 3 months when you join any RED club and save 50% for 3 months.
2. Free 30-day gym program
When you sign up for Virgin Active, you’ll get a 30-day fitness program with weekly WhatsApp delivery that includes video lessons, dietary advice, and useful ideas.
Additionally, you will receive a free personal training consultation to help you get started on your workout program.
3. Virgin Active App
With the Virgin Active app, you will have access to class bookings and workout videos. In addition, you can also book gym classes, manage your membership, and access over 700+ on-demand workouts, including a variety of HIIT, Yoga, Pilates, Boxing, Cycle, Run, and Dance classes.
The app is compatible with both iPhone and Android phones. An individual may be permitted access as a visitor to a Club by appointment or previous arrangement, subject to Virgin Active’s sole discretion.
To do so, the individual may be asked to pay the guest charge (as specified in the applicable Club pricing list, current at the time of the visit), along with presenting photo identification, to obtain entry.
Does Virgin Active Issue Refunds?
You can file a refund request for any unused months if you have already paid in advance for some months (6, 12, or 24 months). Consider the scenario where you sign up for a 12-month subscription with full payment but only use it for 3 months.
In this case, you would receive a refund for the remaining 9 months that you didn’t use. 20 days prior notice is required, though.
Virgin Active Free Pass
The Virgin Active free pass allows a guest to enjoy Virgin Active facilities for one day. To get your free Virgin Active guest pass, you are expected to go to their website and fill in your details on the form provided. You are to input your first name, last name, email address, and phone number.
Virgin Active will subsequently send you an SMS with the guest pass. You can use it any time for one day. It is important to note that the guest pass is not valid for any person under the age of 18. Again, you must obtain medical clearance from your doctor before starting to exercise.
For easy navigation, follow this link.
How to Cancel Virgin Active Membership
There are several ways you can cancel your Virgin Active membership. However, you are expected to give virgin active 20 business days (a month) notice when you cancel your gym membership.
Here are ways to terminate your membership.
- Via Phone call
To terminate your membership’
- Simply put a call across to 0207 717 9000 or 0860 200 911.
- You will be connected to any member of their team and then you can ask the representative to cancel your membership.
- Provide them with your registration and other information for verification as it will help them guide you through your cancelation procedure.
- Once done, you will get a confirmation message of your membership cancelation.
You can also request a cancellation via the Virgin Active online portal
You would be able to achieve this under the Your Membership tab.
It is important to note that a cancellation fee is likely to apply if you’re within your initial membership period. You will pay a 30% cancellation fee based on the remaining balance of the contract.
Via Virgin Active Website
Here are the steps to so do:
- Visit Virgin Active Website from your browser
- Navigate to the “Your Membership” tab
- Go to “Manage Membership”
- Click on “Cancel Membership”
- Check your email for the confirmation message
- After you have done your cancelation steps with any of these methods, your cancelation
- Your request will be processed within 20 to 30 days and after that, your Virgin Active Memberships will be terminated.
Does Virgin Active have a Plan for Kids?
Yes. The health club is open for the following age groups:
- Club-V and Junior Care – 6 weeks to 7 years
- Club-V Max – 6 weeks to 13 years
Kids may stay for a maximum of 2 hours at a time at Club-V. Each child may bring 1 bag with them, which must be clearly labeled with their name. In the bag, you are allowed to only send 1 x lunchbox, clearly labeled, and 1 x juice/water bottle, clearly labeled.
Personal items such as toys, phones, or wallets are not allowed on camp.
Virgin Active Full Club List
- Beacon Bay
- East London
- Fichardt Park
- Northridge Mall
- Balfour Park
- Cedar Square
- Eco Park
- Horizon View
- Little Falls Retail Crossing
- New Market
- Sammy Marks Square
- Sandton CBD
- Sunward Park
- Vanderbijl Park
- Watermeyer Park
- The Atrium