Forgiveness might be hard sometimes, but it is mandatory for all Christians to learn how to forgive. It is on this basis that we have the right to ask God for his own forgiveness, don’t expect God to forgive you when you are still bearing grudges against someone else. Forgiveness is a very serious thing in Christendom, even your giving does not amount to anything when you are living in unforgiveness, God expects you to forgive first before presenting your offering to him, that is how serious the issue of forgiveness is in the christian life. In case you are still doubting, here are some bible verses about forgiveness.
See Also: 130 Good Bible Verses to Make Your Day
Bible Verses About Forgiving Others
1. James 5:16 – Confess [your] faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
2. Matthew 18:21-22 – Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?
3. Proverbs 15:1 – A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.
4. Matthew 18:15-20 – Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother.
5. 2 Chronicles 7:14 – If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
6. Matthew 18:21 – Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?
7. Mark 11:25 – And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.
8. Luke 17:3-4 – Take heed to yourselves: If thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him; and if he repent, forgive him.
9. Colossians 3:13 – Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also [do] ye.
10. Jeremiah 31:34 – And they shall teach no more every man his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.
11. Acts 2:38 – Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
12. Luke 23:34 – Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.
13. Matthew 18:21-35 – Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?
14. Proverbs 15:18 – A wrathful man stirreth up strife: but [he that is] slow to anger appeaseth strife.
15. 1 John 1:9 – If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
16. Matthew 6:12 – And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
17. Ephesians 4:31 – Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:
18. Philippians 4:8 – Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things [are] honest, whatsoever things [are] just, whatsoever things [are] pure, whatsoever things [are] lovely, whatsoever things [are] of good report; if [there be] any virtue, and if [there be] any praise, think on these things.
19. Ephesians 4:32 – And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ’s sake hath forgiven you.
20. Luke 6:37 – Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:
21. Matthew 6:14 – For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:
22. 1 Peter 3:9 – Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.
Bible Verses About Love and Forgiveness
23. Proverbs 17:9 – He that covereth a transgression seeketh love; but he that repeateth a matter separateth [very] friends.
24. Matthew 9:6-8 – But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, (then saith he to the sick of the palsy,) Arise, take up thy bed, and go unto thine house.
25. Hebrews 10:17 – And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.
26. 1 Peter 4:8 – And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins.
27. 1 John 4:18 – There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.
28. Romans 12:9 – [Let] love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.
29. Colossians 3:13 – Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also [do] ye.
30. 1 Corinthians 13:13 – And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these [is] charity.
31. John 3:16 – For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
32. Psalms 1:1-6 – Blessed [is] the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
33. Romans 5:5 – And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.
34. John 14:23 – Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
35. John 14:15 – If ye love me, keep my commandments.
36. Matthew 6:9-13 – After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
37. Matthew 11:29-30 – Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
38. 1 Corinthians 7:10-11 – And unto the married I command, [yet] not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from [her] husband.
39. John 20:19-24 – Then the same day at evening, being the first [day] of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace [be] unto you.
40. John 15:13 – Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
Bible Verses About Forgiveness of Sins
41. Romans 3:23 – For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
42. Romans 10:9 – That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
43. Romans 10:13 – For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
44. Luke 13:3 – I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
45. Matthew 6:12 – And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
46. Acts 8:36 – And as they went on [their] way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, [here is] water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?
47. 2 Chronicles 7:14 – If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
48. Acts 2:21 – And it shall come to pass, [that] whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.
49. John 12:32 – And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all [men] unto me.
50. John 11:25 – Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
51. John 10:9 – I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.
52. Isaiah 59:2 – But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid [his] face from you, that he will not hear.
53. Isaiah 43:25 – I, [even] I, [am] he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins.
54. Psalms 127:4 – As arrows [are] in the hand of a mighty man; so [are] children of the youth.
55. Acts 22:16 – And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.
56. Romans 6:23 – For the wages of sin [is] death; but the gift of God [is] eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
57. John 8:24 – I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am [he], ye shall die in your sins.
Bible Verses About Friendship and Forgiveness
58. Ephesians 4:26-27 – Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: (Read More…)
59. Matthew 5:44 – But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
60. Proverbs 31:26 – She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue [is] the law of kindness.
61. Proverbs 29:15 – The rod and reproof give wisdom: but a child left [to himself] bringeth his mother to shame.
62. Exodus 34:7 – Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear [the guilty]; visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children’s children, unto the third and to the fourth [generation].
63. Proverbs 22:6 – Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
64. Proverbs 13:24 – He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes.
65. Ephesians 4:32 – And be ye kind one to another, tender hearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ’s sake hath forgiven you.
66. Colossians 3:13 – Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also [do] ye.
67. Ephesians 4:31 – Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:
68. Deuteronomy 6:6-7 – And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart
69. Colossians 3:21 – Fathers, provoke not your children [to anger], lest they be discouraged.
70. Ephesians 6:4 – And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.