Showmax is a video-on-demand streaming service that allows subscribers to have access to a wide range of TV series, movies, kids’ shows, and documentaries at an affordable price. The streaming service provider has made it possible for subscribers and intending subscribers to easily access their services; signing up is very easy and straight to the point. Showmax subscription packages also come at different prices to make it easy for those with a low budget to still afford a package.
Subscribing for any of the Showmax packages is just as easy as signing up, and so is canceling a subscription. In as much as Showmax won’t be pleased to lose a subscriber, you can unsubscribe any time you want. In the course of reading, you will be walked through how to sign up, subscribe and cancel a subscription.
How Do I Sign Up For A Showmax Subscription Package?
Before anyone can have access to even subscribe to a Showmax package, you will have to create an account and sign up. Like you already know, the process is very easy and can be done from the comfort of your home with a smartphone. The details you will need for this process include:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Details for the method of payment you choose
To sign up for any of the Showmax subscription packages, follow the easy steps below:
- Visit the Showmax.com.
- After the home page loads, click on Sign up at the top right corner of the page.
- You will be requested to input your email address, phone number, and password not less than 6 characters.
- Click on Submit.
Showmax Has Different Packages Available For Subscribers
There is a package to suit the budget of anyone who is interested in subscribing to Showmax. Before choosing a package, it is important that you have an idea of other packages in order to avoid paying for a package only to find out that you could have been able to afford a better one. This is important because the more expensive packages come with better offers.
1. ShowMax – R99
This particular package is the cheapest category of Showmax packages. At the cost of R99, subscribers to this package will enjoy access to thousands of both international and local movies and TV series as well.
2. Showmax Pro – R449
Showmax Pro is more expensive than the Showmax package, but the offer is way better. For R449, subscribers will enjoy a wider variety of entertainment. Unlike the Showmax package where users can only enjoy access to movies, subscribers to Showmax Pro will have access to sports, music, news, and movies as well.
Users will have access to channels like Supersports where they can stream the Premier League, La Liga, Series A, and the list goes on. They also have access to channels like SABC News and other news channels, magazine shows, kids’ shows, and documentaries.
Despite being more expensive, if you wish to have access to more than just movies, then you should consider subscribing to this package.
3. ShowMax Mobile-Only – R49 and R225
Unlike other packages that are suitable for both smartphones and Smart TV users, Showmax Mobile-only packages are most suitable for smartphone users only, and cannot be accessed with a Smart TV. The Showmax mobile phone users have two options in this category: the Showmax Mobile option which costs R49 and the Showmax Mobile Pro which costs R225. Those who subscribe to the former option will have access to the offers as the Showmax package above, while those who go for the latter option will enjoy the same offers as those who subscribe to the Showmax Pro option above.
How Do I Subscribe For A Showmax Package?
Subscribing for any of the Showmax packages above is very easy. After signing up and creating an account, all you need to do is:
- Visit the Showmax website.
- Click on Update Subscription.
- If you wish to subscribe to the packages that can be used on all devices, click on All Device, if not, click on Mobile Device.
- Those going for the Showmax packages will click on Start 14 days free trial, while those going for the Showmax Pro packages will use the Get Started button below Showmax Pro.
- After this, you can proceed to make payment.
Paying For Showmax Subscription Is Easy
There are a variety of methods for paying for your Showmax subscriptions but the most common is the use of debit or credit card. To pay for a Showmax subscription using your debit or credit card, simply follow these steps:
- After selecting a package, you will be directed to a page to select a payment option.
- Click on debit or credit card.
- Input your card number, expiry date, and CVV code in the spaces provided.
- Fill in your name and surname.
- Click on the Submit button.
You can also pay for a Showmax subscription by:
- Purchasing Showmax Vouchers at any of the following branches
Incredible Connection, HiFi Corp Builders Warehouse, Game CNA, Dis-Chem, Makro, Pick N Pay. After purchasing the voucher card, select voucher card as your preferred payment option and input the numbers on the voucher.
- Buying voucher cards online
You can buy a Showmax voucher card from any of these online platforms: Prepaid24, eGifts24, EVO Points, Standard Bank uCount vouchers, Bid or Buy, FNB eBucks vouchers, and Nedbank (using the app or online store). Just like the voucher card sold at offline branches, you will need to select a voucher card as means of payment and input the numbers.
- Linking your Showmax subscription to your phone number
Telkom, Vodacom, and MTN users can pay for their Showmax subscription using their airtime. You can also add your Showmax subscription to your Vox bill.
To pay using your PayPal account, choose PayPal as your preferred payment method, and follow the prompts. Kindly note that you will be charged in dollars, so the exact price you pay every month may vary as a result of the exchange rate at the time of payment.
How Do I Cancel My Showmax Subscription?
Showmax has made it possible for subscribers to cancel their subscriptions at any time they decide to. This process is very easy and does not require any special document. To cancel your Showmax subscription:
- Visit the Showmax website.
- Click on Sign in.
- Input your username and password.
- Click on Profile.
- Select My Account from the drop-down menu.
- Select Manage Subscription.
- Click on Cancel Subscription.
When you cancel your subscription before the end of the time it was supposed to last, you will not be refunded, neither will Showmax charge you any extra fees. Rather, you will have access to the offer you paid for until the subscription you canceled ends.
Devices That Support Showmax
Not all devices support the use of Showmax, Showmax Mobile and Showmax Pro mobile can only be accessed using a smartphone, while Showmax and Showmax Pro can not be accessed with a mobile phone. Here is a list of the different devices that support Showmax and the packages they support:
- Smartphones and Tablets: Users of these gadgets will have to download the Showmax app from Google Play Store.
- Laptops and Computers.
- Smart TV
- Media streaming devices like Android TV, Apple TV Google Chromecast, and Ps4
- Dstv Explora: You won’t have to pay for a Showmax subscription, as your subscription fee will be included in your DStv Premium subscription.