It’s high time we talked about this. What exactly is the cause of the senselessness on South Africa’s roads? Why are there so much clowns eager to get killed on our roads? Yes South Africa sucks but why not just speed to your grave alone than implicate others? What’s up with all this huge trucks every where on our roads? Isn’t it past time to create an alternative and exclusive roads for all those scary intimating and annoying big trucks? Like me, I bet all road users can testify to the atrocities on our roads ranging from certain stupid behavior of some motorists, to the large number of sick vehicles recklessly driven by unlicensed and uninsured drivers.
Thanks to all those mayhem as expressed above. Road accidents are no longer unexpected happenings in South Africa. The craziness on our roads assures every road user to expect the unexpected. A lunatic on steering can decide to dare the devil with you on highway just as a drunk truck driver can ram you off a bridge. Before you take a look at some of the super crazy and terrific road accidents in South Africa, here are equally some super crazy and terrific facts about road accidents in South Africa:
- Ashref Ismail spokesperson of Road Traffic Management Corporation (RTMC) once told us that “40 people die on our roads per day.” Do the calculations yourself. If 40 people die each day on our road, how many do die in a year?
- Likewise, Dipuo Peters the Transport Minister told us that during a festive season within 1st of December to 7th of January, there were 1 147 crashes nationally where 1376 people died.
- The International Transport Forum’s (ITF) ranked South Africa the worst, out of 36 others, when it came to the number of road fatalities.
- According to them (ITF) the high levels of road accidents costs the South African economy more than R300-billion each year.
Now, check out these South Africa’s horrific road accidents videos.
1. Flying Bus
How exactly did that get to happen? Where was the driver speeding to? Obviously, this video indicates that pedestrians are gravely endangered on our roads.
2. Western Cape Mountainside Crash
The double-decker bus crashed in a mountainside in Western Cape killing 24 people, including two children who were returning from a church service. This location is one of the Western Cape’s most dangerous route that have recorded accidents that are really tragic.
3. Moloto Road Collision
Moloto Road is one of South Africa’s deadliest roads with accidents that claimed a lot of lives like the one shown above.
4. Pinetown Crash
What was your reaction to the video above? i bet you’ve always imagined scenes like that as exclusive to movie scripts. Perhaps its our road that inspires those movies. That crazy accident killed 27 people.
5. Alberton’s Crash
As reported, a truck lost control due to mechanical failure and crashed into a static traffic jam. Over 40 cars were involved in the incident.
Mind you, this is not a reminder of our grieves but a call to re-position our traffic operations. Strict laws should not only be made for traffic defaulters but should as well be strictly enforced. Let all the stupid drivers on our road pay for their stupidity.