Didintle Khunou (born November 14, 1992; Age: 30 years old) is a South African actress, MC, voice-over artist, model, and presenter best known for playing the role of Esther Ndlovu in the eTV drama series, Isono.
Khunou developed a keen interest in acting and went on to launch her acting career in her mid-teens. Since then, she has taken part in numerous film and TV projects, including The Throne, Isono, and Karektas.
Summary of Didintle Khunou’s Biography
- Full name: Didintle Khunou
- Gender: Female
- Date of birth: November 14, 1992
- Didintle Khunou’s Age: 30 years old
- Ethnicity: Black
- Nationality: South African
- Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
- Sexual Orientation: Straight
- Religion: Christianity
- Marital Status: Single
- Didintle Khunou’s Height in Inches: 5 feet 3½ inches
- Didintle Khunou’s Height in Centimetres: 1.61 meters
- Didintle Khunou’s Net worth: $150,000
- Famous for: Portraying Esther Ndlovu in the TV series, Isono.
- Didintle Khunou’s Instagram: didintle_khunou
- Twitter: @Didi_Khunou
Didintle Khunou was Born on November 14, 1992
Didintle Khunou was born on the 14th of November 1992 in Klerksdorp, North West province, South Africa. She is currently 30 years old. The actress was raised in a decent middle-class family. Her father is a general practitioner, while her mother is a medical technologist-turned-businesswoman.
It is said that her parents are also the owners of the Kwa-Mothakga Lodge situated in Klerksdorp. Didintle has three siblings and is the third child in her family. She is a twin, and the name of her twin sister is Biopelo Khunou.
Further information about her parents and other siblings is not available. However, she has severally mentioned that they played important roles in her journey to greatness.
Khunou had her elementary and high school education in her hometown, a place called Klerksdorp. She studied Dramatic Arts at the University of Witwatersrand and subsequently received acting courses at the renowned ActorWize (actors training center).
The actress further enrolled in Professional Acting Course for Film and TV by Rajesh Gopie to hone her acting career. She also received acting lessons at the Indigo View Advanced Actors Academy, an acting academy founded by veteran South African director and acting coach Steven Feinstein.
She Started Her Acting Career at the Age of 16
Didintle Khunou fell in love with acting after taking part in her school’s play production at the age of 16. She began her career in the theatre, featuring in a couple of local productions such as Yerma, The Caucasian Chalk Circle, and A Better Life.
Her character in a Better Life is an instigator, a highly ambitious, no-nonsense, smart, funny go-getter who knows what she wants and can go the extra mile to get what she believes she truly deserves.
Khunou also did voice-over jobs and cameo roles on TV while waiting for bigger acting opportunities to come her way. She eventually made her first acting appearance in the TV industry on August 31, 2016, in the SABC2 drama thrilling series Mamello as the character Modiehi.
Other notable TV projects she has taken part in over the course of her career include season 2 of the SABC1 sitcom Single Galz, which aired on 23 April 2018. She also played a recurring role (Mapula) in the Mzansi Magic telenovela, The Throne.
In 2020, she appeared in an episode of the SABC2 variety comedy series titled Karektas alongside South African veteran actress Stella Dlangalala as a featured guest. The actress was thrust into the limelight in mid-2020 when she bagged the starring role of Esther Ndlovu in BET Africa’s first original telenovela, Isono: The Sin.
Her character in the TV series is the daughter of powerful matriarch Mary Ndlovu (played by Nthati Moshesh). Isono: The Sin is currently the actress’ biggest project so far. Not much is known about her modeling career. However, she sometimes posts some of her modeling pictures on her Instagram page.
The screen star hasn’t shared any information about her music career and the work she has done as a voice-over artist.
List of Didintle Khunou’s Movies and TV Shows
- The Throne Season 1 as Mapula
- Isono Season 1 as Esther Ndlovu
- Mamello Season 2 and 3 as Modiehi
- Karektas Season 2 as herself
- Single Galz Season 2 as Dipuo
- Savage Beauty – Season 1 as Vee
- 13 Weeks to Find Mr Right – Season 1 as Lerato
List of Didintle Khunou’s Theatrical Work
- Yerma as Yerma
- The Caucasian Chalk Circle
- The Rocky Horror Show as Janet
- A Better Life as Naledi
Didintle Khunou’s Awards
Didintle’s stellar portrayal of the fictional character Celie in the Janice Honeyman production of The Colour Purple Musical at the Joburg Theatre earned her her first industry awards – the Naledi Award and the Broadway World Online Award for Best Lead Actress In a Musical – Female.
Who is Didintle Khunou’s Boyfriend?
The actress is currently single. It is generally difficult to tell if Didintle Khunou is dating anyone at the moment or not, as she hasn’t mentioned being in a relationship with a man. The Isono star keeps a low profile on her personal life, and she has never been linked to any man in the past.
Khunou Enjoys a Huge Fanbase Online
Didintle has a huge online community that comprises thousands of people across her online accounts. She was able to build this community through her activeness on social media platforms such as Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
Her Instagram account (didintle_khunou) has over 23,000 followers, while her Twitter account (@Didi_Khunou) has more than 8000 followers.
Other Interesting Facts about the Actress
- The Klerksdorp native has amassed a fortune from her blossoming career. Her net worth is estimated at $150,000. However, she is yet to publicize her monthly income.
- She is so passionate about theatre that she plans to build a mini cinema room for herself.
- Didintle stars in Isono: The Isono alongside some of South Africa’s talented actors, such as Nthati Moshesh (as Mary), Senzo Radebe (as Abednego), Rami Chuene (as Jumima) Charmaine Mtinta (as Mam Lili), Kgosi Mongake (as Zakwe), and Tessa Jubber.
- Khunou has an unfathomable love for acting. According to her, she is so passionate about the craft that she finds it difficult to concentrate on her other ventures. In fact, she intends to keep acting until her “bones are to frail and weak to get her to move.”