Skills Academy has walk-in offices in Pretoria and Cape Town, South Africa. Aside from these, the educational institution offers courses without matric, and they are also affiliated with several academic institutions, so location is not a barrier.
Skills Academy is one of the leading institutions at the forefront of providing learners with the right skill set to guarantee stress-free mobility in the employment market. Founded in 1987, Skills Academy offers advancement opportunities to its learners regardless of their background or education level.
Is Skills Academy Registered with the Department of Education?
Yes. Skills Academy provides the services of a Further Education and Training (FET) college, now known as TVET Colleges, which are registered with the Department of Higher Education. They also offer accredited courses from reputable bodies like the following:
- Quality Council for Trade and Occupation (QCTO)
- South African Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (SAIOSH)
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
- Safety and Security Sector Education and Training Authority (SASSETA)
- The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB), among others.
They are also in partnership with Bellview Institute of Distance Learning, Matric College, Together we Pass, and Finlite. This means that there is a chance for high-income earning jobs for those without matric certificates as long as you have the skills employers are looking for. And Skills Academy is here to give you those skills in short courses and advanced courses accredited by internationally recognized bodies.
Location of Skills Academy in Different Cities
Skills Academy is affiliated with several other institutes and has provisions for distance learning and online courses, so location is not a barrier. However, they also have walk-in offices in Cape Town and Pretoria;
- Address: Peter Barlow Dr, Unit MP53B Mega Park, Cape Town, Western Cape 7530, ZA
- Contact: 021 838 8250
- Address: 440 Hilda Street, Standard Plaza, 5th Floor Hatfield, Pretoria, Gauteng 0083, ZA
- Contact: 012 740 2350
The Cape Town branch mainly serves as a telephonic student support branch, while the Pretoria office mainly handles registration and inquiries.
The offices are open from Monday to Thursday 08:00 – 16:30 and on Friday 08:00 – 16:00. For general inquiries, you can call 0800 39 00 27 or visit their website.
Skills Academy Courses Without Matric
Skills Academy offers courses without matric. This means that even without your grade 12 certificate, you can still enroll in as many of the courses that interest you within this category. Courses under the “Open Access” category mean you don’t need a high school certificate to get started; however, these courses require the ability to read, write and understand English, as the course contents and materials are provided in the English Language. Assignments and written exams are also in English.
And yes, even without your matric and a certificate in any of these courses, you can get a lucrative job. Most employers these days focus on having the right skills and experience, and with these courses, you are guaranteed at least an entry-level job position. Volunteering and internship will also help push you forward after you must have gotten the skills required.
As mentioned earlier, “Open Access” courses are open to everyone, no matter your age or level of education. It also takes a few months to complete, and you are given a certificate at the end of the training. Courses under this category include:
- Short Course, with a duration of 4-9 months; after the short course, you may decide to go for the advanced Certificate Course and Comprehensive Course in the same course.
- Provider Programmes, which are courses developed by the college that offers them, but with curriculum and study material from Skills academy.
- CIMA I courses, here you can get a Cert BA, which is for those with no prior qualifications. It takes 12 – 18 months to complete.
- National Accredited Technical Education Diploma (Rated) courses
- Accounting courses – These courses cover fields in Financial Management, HR Management, Child Care, Computer, Interior Decorating Design and Photography, Project Management, Beauty, Secretarial, Tourism, Guest House Management, etc.
List of Courses at Skills Academy Without Matric
- Management Courses
- Human Resource Management Courses
- General Management Courses
- Retail Management Courses
- Sales Management Courses
- Financial Management Courses
- Office Management Courses
- Customer Relations Courses
- Marketing Management Courses
- Small Business Management Course
- Call Centre Management Courses
- Computer Courses
- Microsoft Windows Courses
- Decorating and Design Courses
- Interior Decorating Courses
- Interior Design Courses
- Google Sketch-Up Courses
- Entrepreneurship Courses
- Accounting and Bookkeeping Courses
- National Certificate Entrepreneurship Small Business Management
- Small Business Financial Management Certificate
- Beauty Courses
- Beauty Therapy Courses
- Facial skincare courses
- Make-up Courses
- Nail Care Courses
- Salon Management Course
- Crime & Forensic Courses
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) Courses
Skills Academy Fees
Skills Academy has an excellent and affordable payment structure. As most of these courses are short courses that take just a few months to be completed, the cost is relatively low, and there are several incentives like discounts, payment in installments, and even full return of fees, as the case may be.
An upfront cash payment of the total course fee in advance comes with a 15%-20% discount on the total course fee. This option also provides for a three-month extension if you couldn’t complete the course within the given time.
Monthly Fee Payment Option
There is also the monthly payment option, where payment can be made in installments. However, these payments must be made by the due date each month; otherwise, there will be charges for the delay.
These charges have to be paid before the start of each month to continue receiving service from the Skills Academy. A 5% discount on monthly installments is available when you choose the pay by debit order payment plan [recurring payments that are automatically deducted from your account].
Provision for Extension of Courses at No Extra Charge
Naturally, some students may not finish their courses within the given duration of their studies. In such cases, extensions are allowed with no extra charges or registration fees; however, normal monthly payments will continue till the course is completed.
There is also a provision for reactivations in situations where you may wish to continue a course that was stopped sometime in the past. Easily apply for a course reactivation and get back to your studies.
Option for Pay When You Study
The “Only pay when you study” plan means that you can take breaks when you want. Basically, if you decide you need a break after four months of studying, you can take one, and you do not have to pay within your break period.
30-day Money Back Guarantee Option
Finally, the 30-day Money Back Guarantee option gives you a 30 days trial period to see if Skills Academy’s courses and methodology suit you. If you aren’t satisfied with the services, you will get your registration fee back.