With USSD codes, website, and mobile app, most users now have little or no need to contact an MTN customer care agent. But there are still some situations that may warrant the need to reach a customer care agent. MTN has made it very easy for all users to contact a customer care center by providing at least three different methods for reaching a customer care agent.
Although all of these methods can help a customer connect with a customer service agent, there is still one method that happens to be the fastest and most reliable. As an MTN user, you must get familiar with all possible ways of reaching a customer care agent. If you are not, it’s nothing to worry about, as all of these methods are easily memorizable; keep reading to get to know them.
Different Ways To Reach MTN Customer Care Center
You can make use of any of these methods for contacting a customer care agent depending on the kind of device you use, your access to the internet, and the level of urgency. From the different methods MTN has provided to help customers reach a customer service agent, you can obviously tell that the network provider is stopping at nothing to ensure that their users have the best experience, little wonder why they are Africa’s largest network providers. Here are the different ways you can contact MTN Customer care Service:
1. Contact Form On MTN Website
This method of contacting the MTN customer care center is limited to those whose phones can access the internet, especially smartphone users. Also, to use this contact form on the MTN website, you will need some data on your phone. Here is how to go about this process:
- Visit the official MTN contact us page.
- Tap on the ‘Contact Form’ icon.
- A short form will be displayed on your screen.
- Input your name, surname, email address, and cellphone number on the appropriate boxes.
- Tap on the arrow on the subject box and select a subject from the list provided.
- If all of these opinions provided do not meet your need, select others.
- In the space provided, type in your request, question, or complaints in not more than 500 words.
- Check the box that requires you to prove you are not a robot.
- Tap on the ‘Submit’ button.
2. MTN Customer Care Contact Number
MTN users can also reach a customer care center using the USSD code. This method is the easiest, fastest, and most reliable because you get to speak to a customer service agent almost immediately. This is unlike other methods where you may have to wait for some hours or even days for a response.
The only downside of this method is that you may have to wait for a while, depending on the number of people on the call queue, to speak to a customer service agent. Your waiting time may vary from one to ten minutes, but immediately you are connected to an agent, your reason for calling will be dealt with.
Aside from being fast and reliable, this method is open to use by all MTN users irrespective of the kind of phone you use. To contact a customer service agent, follow the steps below:
- Open the dialer of your phone.
- Dial 135 on your MTN line.
- Follow the prompts, and wait until you are connected to an agent.
Note: 135 is a toll-free number and can be reached at any time of the day.
3. You Can Contact MTN Customer Care Center Via E-mail
This method is limited to smartphone users only and requires that you have little data. All smartphones usually come with a Gmail app, which means you do not have to go through the process of downloading from the play store or app store. All you need to do is register the email you used in your MTN SIM card registration on the phone, then you can send a mail to MTN.
Send your e-mail (containing your complaint) to firstname.lastname@example.org. It may take 3 to 5 working days for you to get a response. If you really cannot wait for that long, then consider dialing 135.
4. You Can Contact MTN Via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, And LinkedIn
By following, subscribing, or connecting with MTN on any of their social media platform – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn – you can stay updated with the latest news and information from MTN. In a situation where you have a question, you can drop your question in the comment section of a post. It will be attended to by a customer service agent whose responsibility is to answer all social media questions.
How to connect with MTN on Facebook
- Open your Facebook app, or search for facebook.com on your browser.
- Visit MTN South Africa’s page on Facebook (the official page has over one million likes).
- Tap the ‘Like’ button.
- Whenever a new post is uploaded, read through it or watch the video not to miss important information.
- Don’t forget to use the comment section for more clarity.
How to connect with on Instagram
- Open your Instagram app.
- Search for MTN South Africa (@mtnza).
- The official account has over 57k followers.
- Click on the ‘Follow’ button.
- The latest updates on the account will be added to your Instagram feed.
How do I connect with MTN on Twitter?
- Open your Twiiter app.
- Search for MTNza, the official account is verified.
- Click on the ‘Follow’ button.
- Always feel free to express yourself using the comment section.
How to connect with MTN South Africa on YouTube
- Search for MTN South Africa on YouTube.
- Subscribe to the channel and turn on the bell notification.
- The channel has almost 200 videos that contain answers to most of the frequently asked questions.
5. You Can Reach MTN Customer Care On WhatsApp
Another method of contacting the MTN customer care center is via WhatsApp. To do this, you will need a smartphone and data connection. This method is as easy and as interesting as chatting with your friends. Here is how to connect with MTN on WhatsApp:
- Save the MTN WhatsApp number 083 123 0011 on your phone.
- Open your WhatsApp app.
- Refresh your contacts.
- While chatting with the customer care contact, you can check your airtime and data balance and ask any questions.
You Can Also Connect With MTN Customer Care Center From Another Network
In a situation where you can no longer use your SIM, probably because your phone is stolen or your SIM has been blocked, MTN has made provision for users to contact customer care using any other network. This is as simple as using the MTN contact number. All you need to do dial 083-135, and you will be directed to a customer service agent.
If you have tried all these means to reach the MTN customer care center, and after 14 days, you have not received any response, you can reach the MTN complaints management team via email at email@example.com or dial 012 568300/3001.