Vodacom has partnered with some third-party network providers to render better data and voice offers for customers. Just like their data bundles and contract deals, Vodacom Fibre deals also come at different categories and prices and users may consider choosing Vodacom Fibre deals over WIFI because of the faster internet roaming speed. If you are considering applying for a Vodacom Fibre, you should get good information about the different packages available, and how to go about applying for them.
These Fibre deals come with certain terms and conditions which a lot of Vodacom users believe the network provider is not keeping up to. So, before applying for a Vodacom Fibre deal, you should also know the pros and cons, all of which will be discussed as you continue reading.
What To Know About The Different Types of Vodacom Fibre Deals
The Fibre deal that a particular Vodacom user is eligible to use or apply for at a particular time depends on their location and availability of Vodacom Fibre coverage at the location. Vodacom Fibre deals are divided into different categories. The name of each of these categories depends on the other network provider Vodacom has partnered with to provide the internet service.
1. Vodacom Fibre Packages with TT Connect
As mentioned above, Vodacom South Africa partners with several third-party network providers to get fibre deals and packages across to its users. It also partners with TT Connect to provide the following fibre packages:
- 10Mbps Fibre Package: This package has a uniform upload and download speed of 10Mbps and is priced at R629.
- 20Mbps Fibre Package: At the cost of R829 monthly, users of this package will enjoy an upload and download speed of 20Mbps.
- 50Mbps Fibre Package: Just like other packages in this category, users will enjoy a uniform upload and download speed of 50Mbps for R929 per month.
- 100Mbps Fibre Package: This deal costs R1129 per month for an upload and download speed of 100Mbps.
2. Vodacom Fibre Deal With Open Serve
Vodacom is in partnership with Open Serve as an internet service provider to provide the following Fibre deals:
- 50/100Mbps Fibre Package: This Fibre package is the most expensive package from Vodacom in collaboration with Open Serve as it costs R1,315 per month. The deal may be expensive, but it’s absolutely worth it for those who can afford the luxury. It comes with an upload speed of 50Mbps and a download speed of 100Mbps.
- 20/40Mbps Fibre Package: This Fibre package is almost as fast as the 50/100 Fibre deal and it costs R1,110 every month. Vodacom Fibre users who subscribe to this package will enjoy a maximum upload speed of 20Mbps and a download speed of 40Mbps.
- 10/20Mbps Fibre Package: This is one of the cheapest Fibre packages Vodacom has with Open Serve, users of this package will enjoy an upload speed of 10Mbps and a download speed of 20Mbps at a cost of R849 every month.
- 5/10Mbps Fibre Package: This is the cheapest package in this category it goes for R655 monthly and comes with a maximum upload speed of 5Mbps and a download speed of 10Mbps.
3. Vodacom Fibre Packages with Vuma
Vuma is another network provider that Vodacom is partnering with. Some of the deals in this category come with two different options for users to choose from. Fibre deals from Vodacom and Vuma’s collaboration include:
- 10/100Mbps Fibre Package: Two options are involved here – the first cost R1199 and users of this deal will enjoy an upload speed of 10Mbps and a download speed of 100Mbps while the other option costs R1249 monthly and those who go for this more expensive deal will enjoy both upload and download speed of 100Mbps.
- 5/50Mbps Fibre Package: This package also has two options. The first option in this deal costs R1,049 monthly. Users of this package will enjoy an upload speed of 5Mbps and a download speed of 50Mbps. The second option in the deal costs R1099 per month, with both upload and download speed of 50Mbps.
- 2/20Mbps Fibre Package: The package, like the previous ones, has two options. The more expensive option in this package costs R899 per month and its users will enjoy an upload and download speed of 20Mbps, while the less expensive option costs R849 per month and comes with an upload speed of 2Mbps, and a download speed of 20Mbps.
- 10Mbps Fibre Package: This deal has an upload and download speed of 10Mbps at a cost of R659 every month.
- 5Mbps Fibre Package: This deal has an upload and download speed of 5Mbps at a cost of R609 every month.
4. Vodacom Fibre Packages in Partnership With South Africa Digital Villages
Vodacom also partners with SA Digital Villages to provide Fibre deals for its users and here are the available packages in this category:
- 10Mbps Fibre Package: This package costs R604.25 monthly and users of this deal would enjoy both upload and download speed of 10Mbps.
- 20Mbps Fibre Package: Users of this package will enjoy a uniform upload and download speed of 20Mbps at a cost of R806.1 per month.
- 50Mbps Fibre Package: Like other packages in this category, this package also has a uniform upload and download speed of 50Mbps but at the cost of R1007.76 per month.
- 100Mbps Fibre Package: This package costs R1512.15 per month with a uniform 100mbps speed for both upload and download.
5. Vodacom Fibre Packages with Frogfoot
The Fibre packages in this category include:
- 5Mbps Fibre Package: The 5Mbps fibre package is the cheapest in this category. At R609 per month, users will get an optimum upload and download speed of 5Mbps.
- 10Mbps Fibre Package: This package costs R659 monthly and with that, users will be able to get a uniform upload and download speed of 10Mbps.
- 2/20Mbps Fibre Package: This package comes with two options. The more expensive deal costs R819 per month and its users will enjoy an upload and download speed of 20 Mbps, while the less expensive deal costs R759 per month, with an upload speed of 2 Mbps, and a download speed of 20Mbps.
- 5/50Mbps Fibre Package: The first option in this deal costs R859 monthly and users will enjoy an optimum upload speed of 5Mbps and a maximum download speed of 50Mbps, while the other option costs R909 per month, with both upload and download speed of 50 Mbps.
- 10/100Mbps Fibre Package: This package has two options. The first option which has an upload speed of 10Mbps and a download speed of 100Mbps costs R959, while the second option costs R1009 monthly and those who go for this more expensive deal will enjoy both upload and download speed of 100Mbps.
If you wish to apply for any of the Vodacom Fibre deals or already use them, and want to reach out to the Vodacom Fibre customer care service, you can call, 0821904 or simply send a mail to [email protected].
Pros and Cons of Vodacom Fibre Deals
Before going ahead to choose and purchase any of the Vodacom Fibre deals, it is important that you have a keen understanding of the pros and cons of using Fibre deals.
Pros of Using Vodacom Fibre Packages
- One major advantage of using a Vodacom Fibre deal is that they are super fast compared to other internet service providers and network providers.
- Users who have applied for Fibre deals and have their application in progress can surf the net for free for up to one month.
- There is also the advantage of free installation and activation of the Router.
- The ADSL copper cables used by other networks are more prone to theft compared to the Vodacom Fiberglass cable. It is also more durable.
- In a situation where a customer has a complaint, they can also reach out to Vodacom customer care service agents who are always available.
Cons of Using Vodacom Fibre Packages
- Vodacom Fibre deals are more expensive compared to other network providers.
- Although Vodacom can boast of fast internet browsing speed, their network gets bad at times.
- So many Vodacom Fibre users complain of bad treatment when they call the customer care agents to table their complaints, especially about poor network service.
How To Apply For Vodacom Fibre Packages
Having looked at the pros and cons of getting and using a Vodacom Fibre deal, a Vodacom user who is satisfied with the option may decide to swap regular internet connectivity for a fibre deal, hence the need to apply for one. The application process for the fibre packages from Vodacom has both the online and offline stages. These stages include the following procedures:
- Download the application form online.
- Print the form out.
- Fill the form and submit it at a Vodacom outlet.
- A quotation and any other information you need to know will be sent to your email address within 1-2 days.
- After your request is placed and approved, it will be sent to the Vodacom scheduling team.
- Within 2-4 working days after approval, you will be contacted for installation.
- The team will book a time with you for your router installation.
How Do I Check If Vodacom Fibre Network Covers My Location?
This is one aspect of getting a fibre deal that may stop a Vodacom user from getting one. Before you apply for any of the Vodacom Fibre packages, the first thing you need to do is check if the location where the Fibre package will be installed has the Vodacom Fibre network. This is what you need to do in order to find out:
- Visit the official Vodacom Map coverage page.
- Input your desired location in the search bar.
- Select a location closest to your desired location from the drop-down menu, then search.
- Almost immediately, you will be informed whether or not your location is covered.
If your location is not covered, you will be asked to input your email address, so that when that location has a Vodacom Fibre network coverage, you will be notified.
Frequently Asked Questions About Vodacom Fibre Deals and Packages
Here are answers to some of the questions most intending and existing Vodacom users frequently ask.
Is Vodacom Fibre better than WIFI?
Yes, it is. The truth remains that fibre connectivity is more reliable than any other internet connectivity protocol there is. The reason for this is not far-fetched. The fibre network is powered by fibre-optic cables which are much more reliable in terms of providing a strong and stable network that is not easily interrupted by external conditions, such as wind, rain, or unstable weather conditions.
How do I activate Vodacom Fibre?
- Ensure that your fibre network has been installed by the Vodacom installation team.
- Connect your router to the power supply.
- Plug the LAN cable in the blue port labeled WAN on the router.
- Plug the LAN cable to the ONT in the port labeled L-A-N. If there is more than one port, use port 1.
- Turn on the power supply and press the power button on the router.
- Within 3-5 minutes the internet light will come on.
- Use the network ID and password underneath your router to connect to the network.
- After which, you can enjoy a fast and reliable network in the comfort of your home.
How long does it take to activate Vodacom Fibre?
Vodacom Fibre takes 3-4 hours to install, after installation, it takes 3-5 minutes to activate for you to be connected to the fibre network.
Can I install Vodacom Fibre Myself?
No. Intending fibre network users cannot install Vodacom Fibre themselves. The installation team will have to assist users with the process, although you can activate your Vodacom router yourself using the process above.
Is Vodacom Fibre best for streaming?
The exact answer to this question will depend on the fibre package you buy. Vodacom Fibre packages are generally faster and more reliable than fibre packages from network providers that use ADSL. A user who buys a fibre package of up to 100Mbps is sure to get optimum network speed, while those who purchase the 10Mbps package will also enjoy speed, but not in comparison to the former, basically because of the value and upload/download speed.