Bronkhorstspruit Taxi Crash: Update On The Victims Of The Horrific Accident

Advertisement

Bronkhorstspruit Taxi Crash: Seven schoolchildren are fighting for their lives in hospital on Saturday morning following Friday’s horrific crash which claimed 20 lives.

18 schoolchildren and 2 adults were killed in Bronkhorstspruit, outside Pretoria after a minibus taxi collided with a truck on Groblersdal road on Friday afternoon.

Read Also: There’s No Such Thing As Radical Economic Transformation, Its Zuma’s New Scam

The little bodies were laid out on the road next to each other by emergency services. They were mostly burned beyond recognition.

Bronkhorstspruit Taxi Crash

Notwithstanding, seven lucky children miraculously escaped death as they survived the impact of the crash and the fiery fire. Consequently, they were taken to hospitals in KwaMhlanga‚ Witbank and Mamelodi where they are reportedly making progress in their recovery. Two were reportedly discharged last night.

While the affected families are still struggling to come to terms with the death of their loved ones, some people have continued their normal daily activities like nothing happened.

The wreckage has been handpicked and pieces of mangled steel loaded onto a bakkie to be sold as scrap.



Meanwhile, the cause of the Bronkhorstspruit taxi crash is still under investigation. In fact, Verena SAPS station commander Captain Lesiba Solomon Mulala confirmed that a case of culpable homicide has been opened.

He said:

“We are still piecing together all the information but for now‚ we are investigating a case of culpable homicide. This could change as the investigation goes on.”

Also, Mulala confirmed that a team of special investigators from the Road Traffic Management Corporation was dispatched to lead the inquiry into the cause of the crash.

So far, it appears the vehicle which was transporting the pupils home from school was overloaded. This may be the reason behind the massive loss of lives.

Read Also: Mabulu’s Latest Painting: ANC Pissed By His Obsession With The Phallus

According to Gauteng Education Department, preparations have been made for families and relatives of the deceased to identify the bodies on Saturday.

Speaking on behalf of the department, Steve Mabona says, “The identification process will commence on Saturday. Most of the bodies were burnt beyond recognition.”