Vega School was established in 1999 as an educational brand of The Independent Institute of Education (The IIE). The founders of Vega School projected a shift in what businesses and brands would be like in years to come and started Vega School in anticipation of this shift.
As anticipated, there has indeed been a paradigm shift in what we used to know about advertising, marketing, and branding. Over the past few years, conventional advertising and marketing have moved towards quality designs and branding.
Leading brands have become cultural forces that are shaping the world. Vega School trains its students to develop practical skill sets that will empower them to face the world and handle the never-ending changes in business branding, advertising, and marketing.
What Is Vega School?
As mentioned earlier, Vega School is an educational brand of The Independent Institute of Education (The IIE). It is a tertiary institution that provides part-time, full-time, online, and short courses in various courses like IIE Doctor of Philosophy in Brand Leadership, IIE BBA in Brand Building & Management Degree, and Social Media Marketing, to mention but a few.
This school has been on a mission to produce a new breed of thinkers, and over the years, they have been doing this by awarding their students with the following accredited IIE qualifications:
- Master’s Programs
- Doctoral PhD
According to the information on the official website of Vega School, the qualifications awarded by the school are of the same standard as the qualifications that public and private universities award their students.
Vega School has about 100 reasons why they believe that individuals should enroll with them; some of these reasons include:
- They have a 21-year legacy of excellence and growth
- They offer a specialist degree in Copywriting
- Students have a record of an 85% module pass rate
- Vega School is proudly African
- Vega School provides local and the United Kingdom private higher education standards.
What Courses Does Vega School Offer?
Vega School offers short online courses and long courses. The long courses can take between two to four years to complete. Here is a detailed list of courses offered by Vega School
These are the short courses you can take from Vega School (All of these courses are online):
- Strategic Brand Building
- Social Media Marketing
- Digital Brand Strategy
- Brand and Marketing Management
The courses in this category take 12 months to 4 years to complete. The duration will depend on the course.
- IIE Postgraduate Diploma in Brand Building | Duration: 2 years
- IIE Advanced Diploma in Brand Innovation | Duration: 2 years
- IIE BA in Strategic Brand Communication | Duration: 2 years
- IIE BCom Honours in Strategic Brand Management | Duration: 2 years
- IIE BA Honours in Strategic Brand Communication | Duration: 4 years
- IIE Master of Commerce in Strategic Brand Leadership | Duration: 18 months
- IIE Doctor of Philosophy in Brand Leadership | Duration: 18 months
- IIE Advanced Diploma in Brand Innovation | Duration: 18 months
- IIE Postgraduate Diploma in Brand Building | Duration: 18 months
- IIE BA in Strategic Brand Communication Degree | Duration: 4 years
- IIE BA Honours in Strategic Brand Communication | Duration: 2 years
- IIE Master of Arts in Creative Brand Leadership | Duration: 2 years
Vega School’s full-time courses take as long as one year or three years to complete.
One Year Courses
- IIE Higher Certificate in Mobile Application and Web Development
- IIE Higher Certificate In Brand Building Practice
- IIE Higher Certificate in Creative Development
- IIE Higher Certificate in Video and Photography
- IIE Postgraduate Diploma in Brand Building
- IIE BA Honours in Interior Design
- IIE BCom Honours in Strategic Brand Management
- IIE BA Honours in Graphic Design
- IIE BA Honours in Strategic Brand Communication
Full-Time Courses With A Duration of 3 Years
- IIE BA in Creative Brand Communications | Copywriting – core discipline of the Bachelor of Arts
- IIE BA in Strategic Brand Communication Degree
- IIE BBA in Brand Building & Management Degree
- IIE BCom in Strategic Brand Management Degree
- IIE BCom in Digital Marketing Degree
- IIE BA in Interior Design Degree
- IIE BA in Digital Design Degree
- IIE BCIS in Game Design and Development Degree
- IIE BA in Graphic Design Degree
Where Is Vega School Located?
Vega School is located in Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, and Durban. Here are the different addresses:
- Vega School Cape Town: 130 Strand Street, De Waterkant, Cape Town
- Vega School Durban: 70 Armstrong Ave, La Lucia
- Vega School Pretoria: 34 Ingersol Rd, Menlyn, Pretoria
- Vega School Johannesburg: 444 Jan Smuts Avenue, Bordeaux, Randburg
How To Check Vega School Fees
The tuition fee of students in Vega School varies from one course to another. As such, it is not possible to give a direct figure. The school has made it possible for continuing and prospective students to check the tuition fee for each course. Here is how it works:
- Visit the official Vega School website
- Click on the menu bar at the top right corner of the website
- Click on courses
- Select the category for the course you are interested in
- Scroll through the list of courses to find your preferred course
- Click on your preferred course
- Click on the tuition fee
- The tuition fee and other charges for that course will be displayed on your screen.
Prospective students should note that during the application process, students will be required to pay a non-refundable application fee of R700. Once the institution has accepted you, you will be required to pay a pre-registration fee of R2,000. Please note that this fee is part of the total tuition fee.
Students are not permitted to make payments at the school’s campus but can use electronic fund transfers, direct deposits, or card payments. These are the following account numbers with which students can pay their fees:
- Johannesburg: ABSA | Account name: The Independent Institute of Education (Pty) Ltd t/a Vega | Acc Number: 4052306991 | 331155 | Contact Details: email@example.com
- Durban: ABSA | The Independent Institute of Education (Pty) Ltd t/a Vega | Acc No. 4056904652 | 331155 | contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pretoria: ABSA | The Independent Institute of Education (Pty) Ltd t/a Vega | Acc Number: 4069282601 | 331155 | Contact: email@example.com
- Cape Town: ABSA | The Independent Institute of Education (Pty) Ltd t/a Vega | Acc Number: 4060958043 | 331155 | Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Online: ABSA | Account Name: The Independent Institute of Education (Pty) Ltd t/a Vega | Acc number: 4052306991 | 331155 | Contact: email@example.com
When Does Vega School Start?
In 2022, Vega School resumed the academic session on 28 February (the start of the first semester). The first semester ends on 8 July 2022. The second semester for the 2022 academic session begins on 25 July and ends on 2 December.
During the 2022 academic session, students will engage in activities like a brand challenge, brand activation, showcase, interior design collab, and brand activation.