Todd Russaw is Faith Evans’ ex-husband. He is an American talent manager, record producer, businessman and co-founder of Think Big. The couple got married in 1998 and divorced in 2011
Todd Russaw is one of those people who have gained popularity as a result of marriage. He lived his life away from the spotlight until his marriage to Faith Evans pulled him from obscurity into the public space in 1998.
Throughout the time of their marriage, Russaw received much more public interest as he was often seen with his superstar wife, especially at big industry events. They seemed to have had a lot of fun in the early stages of their marriage, however, their best days were short-lived. Years have passed since they called it quits but many still maintain an interest in the man who was Faith Evans’ second husband.
Todd Russaw’s Background Information
Todd Russaw lives an uber private life, thus, information about his background has not been shared with the media. While it is known that he was born in the United States, the state he was born in is unknown. In an Instagram post to celebrate his birthday, Russaw revealed his birthday to be the 4th of August, however, his year of birth is not known but speculations are that it would be in the 19760s/1970s. Information regarding his parents, siblings, childhood, upbringing and education has also been shielded from the media.
Though the high school he attended is not known, Todd Russaw did graduate from Glendale Community College in 1988 with an Associate of Arts in Communication and Media Studies. He had begun the program in 1986.
Todd Russaw Married Faith Evans In 1998
The year is 1997, Faith Evans’ music career has long taken off following her breakthrough in 1994 as Bad Boy Record’s first female artist, but she is in the midst of marital troubles as she has separated from her husband New York rapper Christopher “The Notorious B.I.G.” Wallace whom she married in 1994 and shared a son with. A mutual friend of Russaw and Faith Evans, Missy Elliot introduced them that same year and they begin what was a whirlwind romance. Russaw had worked with Missy Elliot during his time at Motown Records where he worked with the female rapper on her first platinum album as a producer. The album was for her girl group 702’s No Doubt.
After Notorious B.I.G was shot dead, Russaw impregnated Evans and in the summer of 1998, they got married. Their son Joshua Jahad Russaw was born on June 10, 1998 (Evans shares the same birthday as her son). During their time together, the couple made a number of red carpet appearances. They also notably worked together as Russaw had become her manager. On March 22, 2007, Russaw and Evans welcomed their second son together, Ryder Evan Russaw.
Why Did Todd Russaw Divorce Faith Evans?
Faith Evans filed for divorce from Russaw in 2011. Prior to that time, Evans had frequent run-ins with the law, including being busted for DUI. Russaw, alongside Evans, was caught in possession of an illegal substance, as a result, they both agreed to a drug treatment program for a fortnight. This bought them immunity from further prosecution of their illegal substance possession case.
The couple in May of 2011 released a statement saying that they had agreed to end their marriage. They said in their statement that they had come to the decision to part ways after careful consideration. They added that they would continue to co-parent their children. The divorce seemed to be very amicable as both parties would go on to work together even after the divorce.
Who Is Todd Russaw Dating Now?
Todd Russaw went off the public space after his divorce from Faith Evans, as a result, little is known about his personal life since then. Nothing is known about his private life and who he could be dating at this time. However, it came to the fore sometime in 2020 that the record exec and businessman had a daughter named Tatum. He made the revelation himself after taking to Instagram to celebrate her birthday on the 14th of December. However, Russaw did not reveal the details of the girl’s mother.
The fact that Russaw’s daughter is much younger than his sons with Faith Evans meant that Tatum was born in a relationship Russaw had after parting ways from Evans.
The businessman seems to dearly value his family. Photos of his sons including CJ Wallace (whom he fathered after B.I.G.’s passing) are scattered on his Instagram page. He often celebrates their milestones and life accomplishments. His second son with Evans, Ryder is autistic, this has made the former couple become active in lending their voice to advocate for more research into autism. While nothing is known about Russaw’s private life, his ex-wife on the other hand dated and married Stevie J, one of the most successful record producers of the mid-to-late 90s. Stevie won a Grammy for his contribution to P Diddy’s debut album No Way Out.
Russaw Is Primarily A Businessman
Russaw works in the health and wellness industry. However, before now, he worked in the music industry as a talent manager, music producer, and composer. He became active in the music industry back in the early ’90s and it was not long before he began producing and composing for big names in the industry. He produced and composed several albums for Party Tyme Karaoke.
Todd Russaw in 1993 became the Director Of the A&R Department for MOTOWN Records, a capacity he served in till 1997. Russaw later established his own independent record label, Prolific/E1 Music serving as its co-president. He has also worked in some capacity for Capital Records.
Todd Russaw’s most illustrious job came in 1997 when he began working as an executive producer and talent manager for Pedigree MGI/Artist Management under which he managed the career of Faith Evans who was then signed to P Diddy’s Bad Boy Records.
These days, Russaw best identifies as a businessman. He is the co-founder of Think Big, a health and wellness company that in addition to discovering how botanicals can be used as tools for creativity and healing also advocates for equitable cannabis legalization, criminal justice reform, and economic reinvestment into communities most harmed by the war on drugs. He also serves as Think Big’s strategic advisor. The organization was founded by B.I.G’s son CJ Wallace in 2011. Russaw raised CJ Wallace after his father was murdered in 1997, Wallace refers to him as his other dad.
Key Facts About Todd Russaw
- Who is Todd Russaw?
- Todd Russaw is a renowned music producer, talent manager, and co-founder of Think Big. He gained fame through his marriage to Faith Evans, a popular singer, songwriter, record producer, and actress. Despite the details of his early life remaining private, he is known to have worked with several big names in the music industry such as Sean Combs, Pharrell Williams, Chucky Thompson, Diana Warren, and Babyface.
- What is Todd Russaw’s profession?
- Todd Russaw is a music producer, talent manager, and co-founder of Think Big. He has also worked as the Director at Motown Records and has composed several songs.
- Who is Todd Russaw’s ex-wife?
- Todd Russaw’s ex-wife is Faith Evans. She is a Grammy Award-winning artist who is a singer, songwriter, record producer, and actress. They were married on November 11, 1997, and got divorced on May 17, 2011.
- Does Todd Russaw have any children?
- Yes, Todd Russaw and Faith Evans have two sons together, Joshua Jahad Russaw, born on June 8, 1998, and Ryder Evan Russaw, born on March 22, 2007. Todd also has a daughter named Tatum from another relationship.
- What is known about Todd Russaw’s net worth?
- Todd Russaw’s exact net worth has not been publicly disclosed. However, his successful career as a music producer, talent manager, and co-founder of Think Big has undoubtedly earned him a comfortable lifestyle. His ex-wife, Faith Evans, has an estimated net worth of around $3 million.
- Is Todd Russaw dead?
- No, despite rumors, Todd Russaw is alive and well. He continues to thrive in his profession.
- How did Todd Russaw and Faith Evans meet?
- Todd Russaw and Faith Evans met through Missy Elliot, who knew them both.
- Did Todd Russaw continue to manage Faith Evans after their divorce?
- Yes, after their divorce, Todd Russaw continued to act as Faith Evans’ manager. They also continued to co-parent their sons together.
- What is Todd Russaw’s involvement with autism advocacy?
- Todd Russaw and Faith Evans’ youngest son, Ryder, was diagnosed with autism. This led to Faith Evans creating Ryder’s Room Inc., a foundation that supports autistic children. While the text doesn’t specify Todd’s involvement, it is reasonable to assume he is supportive of this endeavor given his relationship with Ryder.
- Does Todd Russaw maintain a presence on social media?
- Yes, Todd Russaw maintains an active presence on social media platforms like Instagram and Facebook. Despite this, he is known to be a private person and does not have many fans and followers.