Tara Blake (born 19th April 1983, Age: 40 years old) is an American social activist and wife of Daniel Crenshaw, an American politician and former United States Navy SEAL officer.
While Hollywood stars seem to be taking center stage when it comes to famous personalities, politicians also share the same limelight. Like quite a number of Hollywood stars, some politicians tend to date or marry not-so-famous people, a good example would be Daniel Crenshaw who married not so famous longtime girlfriend; Tara Blake. Like when Hollywood stars marry not-so-popular people, the wives of famous politicians are often flung from obscurity to fame as the public garners an increasing interest in their lives.
Tara Blake Is 40 Years Old
Tara Blake, popularly known as the wife of American Republican politician; Daniel Crenshaw was born on the 19th of April 1983 in New York. Her parents are John Terence Blake and Nan Connelly Blake. Besides Tara, the couple also had two other children; John Terence Jr. and Erin Blake. Just like her husband, Tara’s father John is also an ex-Navy official who served for a total of 37 years before retiring in 2013. Her brother also serves in the Navy, however, nothing is known about her sister Erin.
Tara has yet to share any more information regarding her childhood so nothing more is known, it is believed that she attended a local high school in New York, however, there is no information about whether or not she pursued a college degree. Some reports do not mention a college education while others mention that she did indeed bag a college degree, the institution from which she did so has never once slipped and Blake is yet to change that.
Tara Blake Has Been Married To Dan Since 2013
Tara Blake and Dan Crenshaw met through a mutual friend, running into each other at the home of her childhood friend who has not been named to the press. At the time they met, Dan was still serving as a Navy SEAL while Tara was a dental hygienist. They became acquainted through the said mutual friend and became rather fast friends, the two began dating soon after.
After dating for a long while, the two moved their relationship to the next level. Blake and Crenshaw tied the knot in front of family and friends in a lavish ceremony held in Coronado, California (where Dan’s SEAL training was taking place) on the 24th of August 2013 and have been together ever since. In 2016, the couple moved from their home in California to Massachusetts so Dan could attend Harvard University.
The Two Are Yet To Have Kids
Tara Blake and her husband Dan Crenshaw might have been married for over 7 years, however, they are not known to have kids of their own yet.
Tara occasionally posts photos of a young boy and girl on her Instagram page and fans have erroneously speculated that these are their children when they are in fact her godchildren, a fact that Tara made clear in one of her Instagram posts where she clearly referred to the children as her godchildren.
It is not clear what her plans are about having children and neither she nor her husband has spoken publicly about it.
She Works As A Social Activist
While Tara Blake currently works as a social activist and has worked for over ten years, it is rather difficult to establish a career timeline from past till present due to her tight-lipped nature when it comes to questions about her early life and education.
We know that at the time of meeting her husband Dan Crenshaw, she worked as a dental hygienist, the mystery comes forward when trying to determine how Blake made the leap forward from dental hygienist to social activist, given that two are vastly different fields. Tara also worked at the Butler Snow’s Litigation department, where she focused on pharmaceutical, medical device, and healthcare litigation.
As aforementioned, Tara is currently a social activist working alongside her husband to raise money to provide financial support for the families of fallen service members. In addition to that, she is also responsible for managing the campaign for a non-profit outfit dedicated to preventing suicide. She and her husband also do a number of volunteer work together, among such work is their rescue and provision for hurricane victims in Kady, Texas. She currently has a net worth of over $700,000.
Daniel Reed Crenshaw, who stepped into the limelight following his reaction to comments made by Young Turks contributor Hasan Piker, was born on the 14th of March 1984 in Aberdeen, Scotland, to his American parents. Daniel lost his mother at the young age of 10 and was raised by his father Jim who worked as a petroleum engineer, because of the nature of his father’s job, Dan grew up outside the US. After graduating from high school, Dan attended Tufts University in Massachusetts where he received a degree in International Relations. He joined the US Navy following his college graduation in 2006 and served the country until 2016. Before his retirement in 2016, Dan reached the rank of Lieutenant Commander.
During his third deployment in 2012, Dan’s life was permanently changed when he was hit by an IED detonation while on an operation in Helmand province. He was then taken to the hospital and put into a medically induced coma. He realized his right eye was entirely destroyed when he awoke. Fortunately, his left eye, albeit severely wounded, was still intact. Several procedures were performed on him, and he eventually recovered vision in his left eye.
Two years after his retirement, Crenshaw made the decision to run for the United States House of Representatives in Texas’s 2nd congressional district, which encompasses Kingwood, Humble, Atascocita, Spring, and the Rice University region which was previously run by Ted Poe up until his eventual retirement. He currently holds the position and has done so since the 3rd of January 2019 when he officially assumed office.
Tara Blake and Dan over the years have become quite the power couple, supporting each other’s endeavors, as well as sharing bits and pieces of themselves with the public, whether with a short tweet or an Instagram post. The couple seems to be standing strong after over 7 years of marital bliss with zero threats to their union. Tara currently has over 15,000 followers on her Instagram and frequently shares photos of her husband with cute expressive captions, as well as others in remembrance of officials lost in the line of duty.
Tara Blake has also managed to use the fame brought on by her husband’s position to help promote the various charities and volunteer work she does, a rather admirable fit.
1. Who is Tara Blake? Tara Blake is an American social activist and the wife of Dan Crenshaw, a Texas Republican and a political personality. She is known for her charitable work, especially with military families and suicide prevention organizations.
2. What is Tara Blake’s profession? Before she met her husband, Tara Blake worked as a dental hygienist in California. Currently, she is involved in various charitable organizations and social activism, mainly focusing on assisting families of fallen service members and suicide prevention.
3. Who is Tara Blake’s husband? Tara’s husband is Daniel Reed Crenshaw, an American politician and former United States Navy SEAL officer. He has been serving as the United States representative for Texas’s 2nd congressional district since 2019.
4. How did Tara Blake meet her husband? Tara met Dan Crenshaw in Colorado while he was reporting for SEAL training and she was working as a dental hygienist in California. They met at a friend’s house and maintained a friendship before beginning to date.
5. When did Tara Blake get married? Tara and Dan Crenshaw got married on April 1, 2013, in Coronado, California, about a year after his life-altering injury.
6. Does Tara Blake have children? As of now, Tara and Dan Crenshaw do not have children of their own. However, Tara shares pictures of her two godchildren on social media.
7. What is Tara Blake’s net worth? Tara Blake’s estimated net worth is around $700,000. She earns this through her past profession as a dental hygienist and her current charitable work.
8. What are some of Tara Blake’s hobbies? Tara enjoys traveling, reading, and listening to music. She is also fond of Italian cuisine and likes to visit Greece.
9. What social media does Tara Blake use? Tara Blake is active on Instagram, where she shares about the causes she supports, her charity work, and pictures of her and her husband.
10. What is Tara Blake’s background? Tara comes from a military family. Her father, Vice Admiral John Terence Blake, and brother served in the Navy. She was born to parents John Terence Blake and Nan Connelly Blake and has a brother named John Terrence Jr. and a sister named Erin Blake. She graduated from the University of Maryland.