Cassidy Ludwig is a 26 year-old) American-born Irish dancer, model, and YouTube personality. She was born on December 19, 1996, and is 5 feet 6 inches (168 cm or 1.68 m) tall.
The professional dancer is best known for winning the US National Irish Dance Championships, which took place in Phoenix, Arizona, in 2021. She also came third in the All Scotland Championships in November of the same year.
Ludwig wears her passion for dancing as a badge of honor and has also proven time and again that she is good at what she does, thereby drawing the attention of the spotlight on her. However, there are still some aspects of her life that the general public is unaware of, and we are here to disclose those pieces of information.
How Old Is Cassidy Ludwig?
Cassidy Ludwig is 26 years old and was born in the Republic of Ireland on December 19, 1996, under the birth sign of Sagittarius. Although Cassidy was born in Ireland, she grew up in Hilliard, Ohio, United States of America. A combination of her birth status and residential status means that she has the distinct privilege of being referred to as Irish and American.
Cassidy Ludwig is a Caucasian woman and is the third of four children born to her parents whose identities are as yet unknown. She used to have two brothers, but she reportedly lost one of them, younger than her, in infancy. Her only surviving brother is named Connor, but every indication points to the fact that Cassidy doesn’t have any good relationship with him. Cassidy also has a sister named Anna Louise Ludwig, who is also a dancer.
Ludwig attended a local private high school in Hilliard, Ohio, before receiving a full scholarship to study computer science at Florida State University. She graduated in May 2018. A year later, she completed a pre-med program at LSU.
Cassidy developed a passion for dancing at a very young age. She doesn’t just have the passion; she’s quite talented as well. She has been dancing for the majority of her existence, and to improve and remain relevant in her chosen field, Cassidy currently trains at the Millenium Academy of Irish Dance & Music located in Ohio, United States of America.
Cassidy Ludwig Has Achieved Success As A Dancer
As stated earlier, Cassidy learned how to dance almost as soon as she learned how to walk, and after years of preparation, she decided to get involved in competitive dancing. The journey, not an easy one, to prominence began in 2016 for this Irish talent.
She took part in the 2016 World Championships in Glasgow and only managed to place in a lowly 88th position, which effectively ensured she did not get a recall. She failed to qualify in 2017, to her disappointment, and after another disastrous campaign in 2018, which ended with her not being recalled again, Cassidy felt like throwing in the towel.
Her reaction was normal, and as the dancer now recalls, it was also essential to her journey of success. The disappointments created a mindset and attitude in Cassidy Ludwig that she had to put in extra work to overcome. The work paid off, and having rebranded her mindset, she felt ready to take on new challenges.
In 2019, she competed in the All Ireland Championships and was ranked in the top 20, at 19th position. It was a personal best for her and a far cry from the previous year in the same competition where she didn’t even get a recall. Not long after, Cassidy took part in the 2019 Greensboro World Championships and came 17th.
Her career became better from that point on, and from 2019 to the present, Cassidy Ludwig has been part of several dance competitions with varying degrees of success. She came 2nd at the Mid-America Oireachtas, narrowly missing out on the first position by a few points. In late 2020, she was ranked in the top 10 after coming 9th at the All Ireland Championships in Killarney.
She came 3rd in the 2021 All Scotland Irish Dance championships before scooping up the grand prize for the best dancer at the US National Irish Dance Championships in Phoenix, Arizona, United States. The road to dance stardom has not been a smooth one for Cassidy, but she has gotten there through sheer will, determination, and hard work.
Cassidy Ludwig Is Signed To An Australian Fashion Brand
It should not come as a surprise to anyone that, apart from being a dancer, Cassidy Ludwig is also a fashion model. She is currently signed to a fashion brand known as Mexx. The brand is based in Australia, and she reportedly signed a syndicate agreement with them in 2018.
As a model, Cassidy walked in the September 2018 New York Fashion week for Jeremy Scott’s Moschino Fall/Winter 2019 exhibit. She also walked in the 2019 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show. Her highest achievement as a model saw her ranked in the top 50 models on model.com’s list in 2018.
Cassidy Ludwig Has A Substantial Net Worth
The talented singer and the dancer have acquired a substantial net worth from her endeavors as a dancer, a model, and a social media personality. As of 2022, she has an estimated net worth of $1.25 million.
Cassidy Ludwig’s Height Is Slightly Above The Average American Female
The dancer is 5 feet 6 inches (168 cm or 1.68 m) tall. Her height, though diminutive by several standards, still dwarfs that of the average American female, who stands at 5 ft 4 inches tall. Cassidy Ludwig’s exact body measurements are unknown at the moment, but the dancer’s curvy physique clearly indicates why she is also a model.
Cassidy Ludwig weighs an even 62 kg (137 lbs) and engages in physical exercise to maintain the appropriate balance of weight required for success in her career.
Is Cassidy Ludwig In A Relationship?
The beautiful and talented dancer is not yet married, but she has been in a relationship with Ronan O’Connell since April 9, 2018, per her Facebook page. Ronan is an actor, a musician, and the founder of Black Spring Records based in New York City.
The couple met at a post-MTV Movie Award party hosted by Zac Swain and Dana Brunetti, and not long after, they hit it off as a couple. They have been together for over four years now, and we assume that based on how good things are going between them, we will soon hear wedding bells.
She Is Active On Social Media
Cassidy Ludwig is active on several social media platforms, including Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and Facebook. Her @cassidyludwigx Instagram handle has amassed over 12.7k followers. She also has a Twitter account with the handle @Cassidy60102807, and she has just over 250 followers.
Cassidy has a Facebook account under Cassidy Ludwig with over 800 friends. The dancer is also active on YouTube on her Cassidy L YouTube channel. She has over 2k subscribers already. The contents she puts out via these platforms are pretty much the same and center around her career, lifestyle, and sometimes, her family.
FAQs About Cassidy Ludwig
- Who is Cassidy Ludwig? Cassidy Ludwig is a renowned Irish step dancer, model, and YouTuber. She gained popularity with her rapid and precise step dancing skills, leading her to win competitions and amass millions of views on her practice videos.
- How old is Cassidy Ludwig? Cassidy Ludwig is 26 years old and was born on 19 December 1996.
- Where was Cassidy Ludwig born? Cassidy Ludwig was born in the Republic of Ireland. She later relocated to the United States of America where she realized her dreams.
- What’s Cassidy Ludwig’s height and weight? Cassidy Ludwig stands at 5 feet 6 inches (168 centimeters) tall and weighs approximately 62 kilograms (137 pounds).
- What ethnicity is Cassidy Ludwig? Cassidy Ludwig is of Irish ethnicity. Despite relocating to the United States, she has maintained her Irish roots especially in her dance style.
- What is Cassidy Ludwig’s net worth? As of the information available, Cassidy Ludwig has an approximate net worth of $1.25 million. This comes from her career as a dancer, model, and YouTuber.
- Why is Cassidy Ludwig called the “Irish Dancing Machine”? Cassidy earned the nickname “Irish Dancing Machine” due to her incredibly fast and mechanically perfect footwork during her dance performances. Her movements are so quick and precise that they appear almost robotic, thus the nickname.
- What are some of Cassidy Ludwig’s notable achievements? Some of Cassidy’s notable achievements include securing the third position at the 2021 All Scotland Irish Dance Championships and winning first position in the same year at the US National Irish Dance Championships. She was also asked to join the Lord of the Dance on their Feet of Flame Tour in Taiwan.
- Where does Cassidy Ludwig train for her dance performances? Cassidy is enrolled in the Millenium Academy of Irish Dance & Music based in Ohio, where she perfects her Irish step dancing.
- How did Cassidy Ludwig get into competitive dancing? Cassidy was interested in dancing from a young age. She started competing in 2016 and saw significant success in 2019 at the Mid-America Oireachtas and at the All Ireland Championships Top 10 in 2020.
- What type of dancing does Cassidy Ludwig specialize in? Cassidy Ludwig specializes in Irish step dancing, a traditional dance form known for its quick footwork and rigid upper body.
- What makes Cassidy Ludwig’s dance moves unique? Cassidy Ludwig’s dance moves are known for their rapid pace, precision, and technical perfection. The way she moves her feet so quickly has even led some to refer to her as the fastest human.