The University of Limpopo is among the South African universities that offer late admission to its first-year students. The late application process starts after the admission cycle has elapsed. The UL readmission process, on the other hand, is easy and quick. It involves similar procedures as the school’s online application process.
Unlike normal admission, where students can apply for any course of their choice, the University of Limpopo late admission is limited to some specific courses that still have available space for first-year students. The UL late admission for the 2023 academic year will commence after the closure of the application process on September 30th, 2022. The available undergraduate programmes will be publicized by the university.
How to do Readmission at UL
Students wishing to be readmitted after being excluded due to poor performance in qualifications often receive invitations from the University of Limpopo. The readmission procedures are similar to the application process, and they involve the following:
STEP I: Visit the UL website, www.ul.ac.za, to apply online.
STEP II: Log in on Enabler after generating the reference/student number.
STEP III: Go to academic application.
STEP IV: View application rules and click accept.
STEP V: In the school attended section, select the school name and save.
STEP VI: Enter School Leaving Subject (click Yes/No if upgrading).
STEP VII: Go to ‘Disabilities,’ select none and save.
STEP VIII: Enter your academic preference qualification in the submit application section and save to continue.
How to Upload or View Documents
STEP I: Go to academic application.
STEP II: Select “Enter School Leaving Subject.”
STEP III: Scroll down to the load or view documents option.
STEP IV: Click upload documents.
STEP V: Select browse and save.
University of Limpopo Late Admission Process
At the University of Limpopo, late admission only occurs when there is admission space available. The availability of those specific undergraduate programmes is usually announced by the university. And it presents the last chance to students who met the school’s admission requirements but didn’t receive positive feedback.
Also, students who couldn’t apply for admission during the application cycle are given the opportunity to join the institution through a late application opening. For the 2023 academic year, the undergraduate online application commenced on May 1st, 2022, and will close on September 30th, 2022. Afterward, if there’s available space for late admission into some undergraduate programmes, the management of UL will notify the public.
Hence, the time frame for the late admission process is yet to be announced as the online applications are still ongoing. While the general closing date for online applications is September 30th, 2022, those applying for the undergraduate MBChB programme are notified that the closing date for applications is July 29th, 2022.
What’s Involved in the University of Limpopo Online Application?
Admissions to undergraduate and postgraduate programmes are ongoing at UL at the moment. For one to apply, he or she must first pay a non-refundable application fee of R200 (for South African students) and R750 (for international students). After payment into the school’s bank account, the proof of payment will be uploaded online as part of the upload documents for the application process.
It’s worth noting that students are required to use their ID or Passport as a reference when making the payment. That said, the University of Limpopo’s banking details are as follows:
- Account Name: University of Limpopo
- Bank Name: Standard Bank
- Branch Name: Polokwane Square
- Branch Code: 051001
- Account Number: 030131405
NOTE: Before submitting an application, applicants should correctly fill the information in the appropriate sections. They must also complete all steps, including the accommodation, financial aid, and qualification path.
UL Application/Upload Documents
When applying for undergraduate studies at the University of Limpopo, certified copies of certain documents need to be uploaded online in PDF format. The documents are:
- Proof of payment
- Identity documents for South African citizens
- Passport for international students
- Final Grade 11 results with school stamp or,
- Mid-term Grade 12 results (for students still in Grade 12)
- National Senior Certificate (if you have completed matric)
- Academic record (this applies to current students at other institutions of higher learning)
- HESA / Universities South Africa (USAf) letter (only for international students)
- For conditional exemption, mature age conditional exemption, or foreign conditional exemption, apply to mb.usaf.ac.za
Postgraduate Upload Documents:
- Certified copy of qualifications / Matric certificate
- Certified copy of valid ID or passport
- Certified copy of marriage certificate (if applicable)
- Proof of application fee payment slip (original)
- Certified copies of academic transcripts/school results/report /A & O level results
- HSEA Certificate (for prospective students who completed their high school education outside South Africa / international students who did their matric in South Africa should attach their matric certificate or school report)
- SAQA Certificate for prospective postgraduate students who did their undergraduate/postgraduate studies outside South Africa
Note: Students from non-speaking countries are required to attach proof of English competency (TOEFL Test Certificate)
To apply for HSEA Certificate, contact Universities South Africa via the following details:
- Physical Address: 1st floor, Block D and E, Hatfield Office Park, 1267 Pretorius Street, Hatfield, Pretoria, South Africa
- Phone Number: +27 010 591 4401/2 / +27 (0) 12 030 0650
- Website: https://www.usaf.ac.za
To apply for a SAQA Certificate, contact the South African Qualifications Authority via:
- Physical Address: SAQA House, 1067 Arcadia Street, Hatfield, Pretoria, 0100
- Phone Number: +27 (0) 12 431 5070/5000
- Website: www.saqa.org.za/
What Do You Need to Study at UL?
- National Senior Certificate, or
- National Vocational Certificate with an endorsement that permits entrance to degree studies (bachelor’s degree) or an equivalent qualification
- Meet all the minimum admission requirements for your chosen/intended programme of study
Note: As each programme offered by the University of Limpopo has limited space available, meeting all the minimum requirements for the programme you intend to study does not guarantee admission to the university.
What Do You Need to Apply Online?
Although online applications for admission into the University of Limpopo are quick and easy, there are certain things required to propel the action. They include:
- Access to the internet
- A valid email address
Please, ensure that you do the following during the application process:
- Complete the residence section if you wish to stay on campus
- Write your names as they appear on your identity documents or passport document
- Specify the names of the first choice and second choice degrees
- Complete the application accurately and fully
Note: Emailed or faxed applications won’t be considered by the school.
University of Limpopo’s Enrolment Centre Contact Details
For enquiries about the University of Limpopo late admission, readmission, and application process, please contact the university’s enrolment centre through the following channels:
- Physical Address: Central Enrolment, Old A block, University of Limpopo
- Email Address: [email protected]
- Postal Address: Central Enrolment, University of Limpopo, Private Bag X1106, Sovenga, 0727, South Africa
- Call Centre: (+27) 15 268 3332