Spark School’s application process is straightforward to complete, and the school has over 15 branches across various cities in the country. Centurion, Cresta, Kempton Park, Soweto, and Rivonia are some cities where the school is situated.
We’ll also present to you a comprehensive breakthrough of the tuition fees and other payments to be made to ensure successful enrollment. As a parent or guardian, you are expected to keep some important documents handy before applying, such as proof of income and identity documents.
Spark Schools Application Process
Here’s Spark Schools’ application process:
- Step 1: Go to the link
- Step 2: Click “APPLY NOW” to begin your enrolment application and complete the form. After that, please check your emails for further instructions.
- Step 3: Create a parent/guardian account. You will be registered as a user on the SPARK Schools portal. Then, follow the instructions in your email to complete your enrolment.
- Step 4: You are expected to complete the application form thoroughly. Once you log into the portal, you will complete an affordability check, provide the school with your child’s details, upload the required documentation and pay the application fee and first month’s tuition.
- Step 5: You will be sent an email confirming your future SPARK Scholar’s enrolment.
Please, note that application to Spark schools begins with the payment of their application form. The school’s application fee is R700 for primary school pupils for 2023. The school’s application fee is non-refundable, and refunds are not paid also when a child’s school fees account is in arrears.
Spark schools refund the first month’s tuition fee after it approves your application, and funds are only refunded into the initial account from which it was received. Nevertheless, the school only processes refunds based on the following conditions:
- Overpayment of annual fees.
- The enrolment application is canceled within a 7-day cooling-off period of signing the contract.
- Payment is incorrectly paid to SPARK Schools
- Grade capacity was reached, and parents already paid fees.
- Duplicate payments received.
- Contract terminated during the year after full fees paid in advance
- The enrolment application is declined by SPARK.
How Much Is Spark Schools Fees?
Spark Schools’ total annual tuition for 2022 is R28 050. However, parents who paid tuition by December 31, 2021, enjoyed a discount tuition fee of R25 806. You can also pay R2 338 monthly over 12 months.
Students also pay an annual learning materials fee, including all classroom resources, workbooks, and files. They are also expected to access consumable stationery such as pens, pencils, and highlighters for use at school and home. The cost is R800.
Parents with three or more children at Spark school enjoy a sibling discount. The discounted annual tuition for each scholar is R25 806, while the discounted monthly tuition for each scholar R2151. The school’s application fee is R650 for primary school pupils in 2022.
For the Aftercare & Study Hall programme, which runs from scholar dismissal until 5:30 pm, five days a week during the school terms, primary school Aftercare costs R9600 monthly over 12 months from Monday to Friday while High School Study Hall costs R9600 monthly over 12 months from Monday to Friday.
2022 High School tuition and tees at Sparks Schools is R36 300. However, R33,396 is the discounted tuition if paid by December 31, 2021. Parents are allowed to pay R3025 monthly over 12 months. The learning material fee is R900, while the application fee is R650. For sibling discount, Spark charges annual tuition of R33 396 for each scholar, and monthly tuition for each scholar is R2 783.
Spark Schools’ total annual tuition for 2023 is R39 930. However, parents who pay tuition by December 31, 2022, will enjoy a discount tuition fee of R36,735. You can also pay R3 328 monthly over 12 months.
Students also pay an annual learning materials fee, including all classroom resources, workbooks, and files. They are also expected to access consumable stationery such as pens, pencils, and highlighters for use at school and home. The price has not been announced yet.
Parents with three or more children at Spark enjoy a sibling discount. The discounted annual tuition for each scholar is R36 735, while the discounted monthly tuition for each scholar is R3 328.
For the Aftercare & Study Hall programme, which runs from scholar dismissal until 5:30 pm, five days a week during the school terms, primary school Aftercare costs R875 monthly over 12 months from Monday to Friday, while High School Study Hall costs R875 monthly over 12 months from Monday to Friday.
Students can check how much the course they want to read will cost by visiting any of the school branches close to them. They can also go to the school’s official website or nearest branch to find out about the different ways to pay tuition fees.
List of Spark Primary Schools And Their Branches
|Spark School Branch||Address||Grades|
|SPARK Bramley||41 High Rd, Bramley, Johannesburg, 2018||R – 7|
|SPARK Carlswald||Corner Dogplum Road and Olea Road, Carlswald, Johannesburg, 1685||R – 7|
|SPARK Centurion||Witpensstekelstert St, Centurion, Pretoria, 0157||R – 7|
|SPARK Cresta||165 Republic Rd, Fontainebleau, Randburg, 2032||R – 7|
|SPARK Ferndale||8 Hunter St, Blairgowrie, Randburg, 2194||R – 7|
|SPARK Kempton Park||43 Derrick Rd, Spartan, Kempton Park, 1619, South Africa||R – 7|
|SPARK Midrand||Corner Alexandra Avenue & Aitken St, Halfway House, Midrand, 1685||R – 7|
|SPARK Randpark Ridge||1 Sysie Rd 1 Sysie Rd, Randpark Ridge, Randburg, 2169||R – 7|
|SPARK RIVERSANDS||Rose Rd, Knopjeslaagte, Midrand, 2189||R – 3|
|Spark School Branch||Address||Grades|
|SPARK RIVONIA||Edenburg Terraces Rivonia Blvd, Edenburg, Sandton, 2128||R – 3|
|SPARK ROSSLYN HUB||Ikhambi St & Morning Star Cres Klipfontein, Soshanguve, 0164||R – 6|
|SPARK RYNFIELD||Corner Pretoria Road and Vlei Road, Rynfield, Benoni, 1501||R – 7|
|SPARK SILVER LAKES||Corner Lynnwood Drive and Dudley Street, Shere, Pretoria, 0081||R – 7|
|SPARK Soweto||R558 & Wild Chestnut Street Protea Glen, Soweto, 1819||R – 6|
|SPARK Theresa Park||1082 Bokmakierie St 1082 Bokmakierie St, Theresapark, Akasia, 0155||R – 7|
|Spark Primary School – Turffontein||1 Minnaar St, Forest Hill, Johannesburg South, 2190||R – 7|
|SPARK Weltevreden Park||Corner Albert Street & Cornelius Street Weltevreden Park Johannesburg, 1709||R – 6|
|SPARK Witpoortjie||1499 Lipton St 1499 Lipton St, Mindalore, Krugersdorp, 1739||R – 6|
List of Spark High School Locations
|RANDBURG||388 Main Ave, Ferndale, Johannesburg, 2160||Grades: 8 – 11|
Spark Schools Enrollment Requirements
Here are the requirements parents/guardians/caregivers of a child who wishes to enroll at any Spark schools branches must fulfill.
- Proof of Residence for the primary caregiver.
- Immunization Certificate: For a prospective SPARK scholar, the child’s name must be visible on the copy you will send to the school.
- Current Report Card: For a prospective SPARK student, you are expected to submit a transfer card at the school once the child begins studies.
- Proof of Income: This must be either the account payer’s most recent payslip OR 3 months’ bank statements.
- Unabridged Birth Certificate: This certificate can be applied for from the Department of Home Affairs (which opens on Saturday mornings for the future SPARK scholar). You can also submit an abridged birth certificate and a copy of the receipt so your unabridged birth certificate can be sent if you are still waiting for one.
- Identity Document: This is a certified copy of the primary caregiver’s identity document.
- Parent Contract: This is simply a signed copy of the parent enrolment contract, including the primary caregiver’s initials on every page of the contract and student, parent, and payee details.
Non-citizen scholars will be admitted to the Spark Schools provided that parents possess a temporary or permanent residence permit. Again, the scholar must have the following documents:
- A study permit.
- A certified copy of the original permit must be submitted with the application.