SA Man Kills Friend In A Fight, Buries Him In A Shallow Grave


SA man kills friend and SAPS (South African Police Service) uncovered the body of a murder victim in a shallow grave.

As learned, the victim – a male of 27 years – died on the 18th of March 2017 after an argument ensued between him and the suspect, aged 27 at Sihlonyaneni, Hibberdene.

After the two men physically engaged each other in a fight, the SA man kills friend as he struck him with a heavy object on his head. While the victim died on the scene, Hibberdene police were informed about the killing. They responded to the information but didn’t find the body of the deceased at the scene.

See Also – Sonja Joubert: This Fugitive Is Wanted For R500 Million Fraud

A media statement SAPS issued in this regard revealed that the police placed the suspect under arrest after community members identified him.

“…Ugu Cluster police were called to Hibberdene as the suspect indicated that he wanted to point out where he had buried the murder victim. The necessary arrangements were made and Hibberdene SAPS and Shepstone Search and Rescue was guided to a place on the beach close to where the alleged murder took place.

“Search and Rescue members started to dig in the sand where the suspect pointed out where he had buried the corpse. The naked body of the victim soon emerged from underneath the sand. He had sustained a wound to his head,” read an excerpt from the SAPS statement.

The suspect will be charged as a murder case has been opened at Hibberdene SAPS. He will be appearing before the Hibberdene Magistrates’ Court soon.

Check Out – Northern Cape Policemen Caged For Raping Teenagers

Meanwhile, in a similar incident three prisoners awaiting trial for murder escaped from lawful custody.

Nkandla police are currently hunting for the prisoners identified as Sipho Mthokozisi Simo Langa (29), Lindokuhle Bhodloza Manqele (22) and Sthembiso Goodman Thole Langa (29).

From our findings, the three prisoners are apparently facing murder charges before they escaped. They appeared for the murder case at Nkandla Regional Court on 22 February 2017.

“When the court adjourned, the three accused eluded as they were being escorted back to the court holding cells,” SAPS related.