Rhodes university applications can be completed online as well as physically. The latter involves downloading the application form and filling it on paper before submission. For the online filling, the form is instantly submitted for review to the university afterward.
The application process is carried out through the application portal, which students can access through their username and password. Besides the application, a whole lot of things can also be done on the platform. Studying at Rhodes university is affordable as the university is one of the cheapest institutions in South Africa.
Rhodes University Late Application
Rhodes University does not consider a late application. All applications are expected to be submitted within the deadline. Any application submitted after the deadline is considered a late application by the university.
Applicants are advised to submit their application forms alongside the necessary documents on or before the deadline. It takes about 7-14 days for the university to review applications. Applicants can go ahead to check their application status at least two weeks after submission of their forms.
At the time of this writing, the Application window for admission to Rhodes University undergraduate and postgraduate qualifications for the 2023/2024 academic year will be closed by 30 November 2022. However, online applications for the 2023 academic year are currently open.
Rhodes University Application Form
Rhodes University application form can be completed online or downloaded for physical application. However, before accessing the form, you must register as a user.
- Click on this link
- Begin the log in process using any of these options – as Current Student or Staff, Admission (not yet enrolled at Rhodes), or Examiner External to the University.
- Enter your username and password to pull.
- Navigate to where you will have access to the application form.
Some of the information you would need to fill in include but are not limited to your full names, chosen course, email address, the entry qualifications you have, and other things. Application at the university costs R100, which must be submitted alongside the form.
On how to download the form for physical application, simply click here
Payment for your application form can be made via the mygate form. Also, ensure to check your email for other methods of payment.
Some of the documents needed for first-year application include:
- Official Secondary School (High School) Transcript
- Secondary School Report and Counselor Recommendation
- Letter of Recommendation from a High School Teacher
- SAT or ACT Score (Optional)
- Record your Elevator Pitch (Optional): The video is to be submitted at least within a week of your application so that it will be reviewed alongside your application form.
How To Get Rhodes University Student Portal Username And Password
To log in to the Rhodes University student portal, you must first register as an online user and/or receive login details from Rhodes University. The university issues students their login details after registration.
It is with these details that you would be able to log in to access the online student portal.
- Click on this link to begin
- Enter your username and password
- You will then have access to the platform to carry out any activity of your choice.
Rhodes University Fees
Rhodes university is not just reputable for being one of the most prestigious universities in South Africa but also for being one of the institutions that offer affordable education to students under various programs. In fact, the public university is ranked among the first three cheapest universities to study currently, both for South African and international studies.
The university is student-oriented. At Rhodes university, there are two basic fees (tuition and residence) and some additional lesser fees for handouts or special examination costs). However, the tuition fees for undergraduate degrees range from R37 577 to R67 923, while residence fees range from R73 285 to R76 940 for undergraduate residences and R62 421 – R93 441 for postgraduate residence fees.
How to pay:
Method 1: (For SOUTH AFRICAN STUDENTS – excluding NSFAS and missing middle)
- Pay an Initial Fee Payment of R5 890. (for tuition only) Or
- Tuition and Residence: R5 890 + R19 120 = R25 010.
Make a direct deposit or internet transfer of the full tuition fee and, if applicable, the full tuition and residence fee.
Arrange payment of the full fees by debit order with 11 monthly installments. The debit order application form, obtainable from the Student Bureau, the Student Fees Office, or on
the Rhodes website under Studying, Fees, and Financial Aid must be completed and signed by the person whose bank account is to be debited and returned, together with all other documentation, to the Student Fees Office.
Rhodes University Fees For NSFAS Students
This applies to all students who have been granted NSFAS funding
- Make a direct deposit or internet transfer of the full own contribution.
- Arrange payment of the full own contribution by debit order with 11 monthly installments. The debit order application form, obtainable from the Student Bureau, the Student Fees Office, or on the Rhodes website under Studying, Fees and Financial Aid, must be completed and signed by the person whose bank account is to be debited and returned, together with all other documentation, to the Student Fees Office.
FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
- International Students’ Initial Fee Payment: Tuition only R28 450 OR
- Tuition and residence R68 000
- Make a direct deposit or internet transfer of the full tuition fee and, if applicable, the full residence fee.
Here are the payment details
- Account name: Rhodes University Student Fees Account
- Bank: First National Bank, Grahamstown branch
- Account number: 62145504553
- Branch code: 210717
- The deposit slip MUST show the student number as the reference number.
- Dishonored debit orders will attract a fee of R225 per transaction.
Here’s a further breakdown of Rhodes university.
New students- SA and International
- Application fee: – R100
- Tuition Acceptance Fee (non-refundable) – R800
- Residence Acceptance Fee (non-refundable ) – 1,000
Returning students – SA and International
- Master’s Internship research: Psychology – R3,815
- Ph.D. retrospective registration per year – R17,662
- Late registration: not in attendance on the prescribed date – R1,704Per course or half course – R1,345
- Per subsidiary course (PGCE) – R370
- Extended DP examinations – per course – R1,345
- per half course – R834
- Extended DP Initial Fee Payment -R735
- Initial Fee Payment: Special categories, including upgrading
NCP’s – R735