Khanya Mkangisa is a South African actress and a media personality.
About Khanya Mkangisa
Khanya was born on the 13th of March 1988 in Peddie, Easter Cape. She grew up as a smart student academically and she is also great in sports. Khanya was brought u as an only child of a single parent.
She made her TV debut as a youth show presenter on YOTV at the age of 14 and stayed with YOTV for three years.
In February 2013 she got a leading role on the second season of the SABC1 drama series ‘Intersexions’. She was also the only actor to appear on the series on five episodes, making her the series’ leading actress.
In 2014 Khanya Mkangisa was part of the e.tv team for a game show by the name; ‘I Love South Africa’, along with South African legendary comedian Joe Mafela and actress Bonnie Mbuli.
Khanya Mkangisa Challenges and Overcoming Them
When Khanya was asked about her challenges in the industry, here is what she had to say:
“There are lots of people who are trying to get into acting and only a limited number of roles. I overcome these challenges by following my own path and journey and not comparing myself to anyone else.”
In regards to her transitioning from a kid’s star to a grown woman, here is what she had to say:
“Because I look younger than I am, one of the challenges I’ve faced transitioning from a kids’ presenter to adulthood is in the roles I audition for or choose to play. It’s been a challenge getting older roles, but I don’t mind this because it just translates to possible longevity for me.”
Khanya Mkangisa’s Educational Background
- BA in Motion Picture and Television – AFDA, Johannesburg
Khanya was the IMAN Cosmetics Africa brand ambassador from 2012 to 2013.
Appearances & Roles
- Presenter – YOTV
- Host – Shield Teen No Sweat Dance Challenge (e.tv) | 2008
- Presenter – Knock Knock
- Presenter – Hectic Nine-9
- Appearances – The Lab, Mtunzini.com, uGugu no Andile and Zone 14
- She acts as Asanda in Zone 14 (SABC1) | Since 2011
- She played Nonhle Minola in Forced Love (SABC1) | 2012
- Intersexions (SABC1) | 2013
- Mzansi Love Stories (e.tv)
- She plays Mpilo Cele in Zabalaza | 2013
- She played the role of Aphiwe Nzimande in Isidingo (SABC3) | 2014
- She played the role of Nolitha in Rockville | 2015