The Nelson Mandela University late application is for selected programs that are still open or have available spaces to fill. Applicants are advised to visit the campus for application submission but can apply online. However, applications will be accepted only if applicants meet the program’s direct entry requirements. More so, no applications will be accepted after September.
Undergraduate and Postgraduate Students can take advantage of Nelson Mandela University Late Application
Applications for Prospective undergraduate, international students, and postgraduate who wish to enroll at Nelson Mandela University are urged to apply online starting from April of the present year. To meet the application deadline, processing, and planning by the institution and yourself, online applications for early admission to NMU should be submitted latest on the last day of June.
Similarly, applications for the MBChB with NBT (if applicable) have a deadline of July 31, 2022. Therefore, you have at least a month to complete this registration. However, NBU early applications (except MBChB & BRad) start on August 4, 2022, and late application is by September 30, 2022. Similarly, for international student applications, the deadline is September 30, 2022 – the same applies to all student housing applications.
Nelson Mandela University Accepts Late Applications With These Requirements Only
The Admission Management Board of the NMU has given the opportunity of a late application for the 2022 academic year. Therefore, prospective candidates who couldn’t submit their application during the initial application deadline now have the opportunity to apply for admission at Nelson Mandela University.
NMU Late Application Requirements
To complete the late application for Nelson Mandela University (NMU), prospective applicants who want to apply for diplomas, degrees, P.h.D, etc., will need the following requirements:
- An email address
- A phone number
- Identification Card (ID) number for South African students
- A copy of the applicant’s senior school certificate (e.g., Senior Certificate)
- Certified copy of final Grade 11 or Grade 12 exam results
- Certified copy of matriculation certificate/statement of results (if you have already passed Grade 12)
NMU Late Application Requirements For International Students
- Your home country passport number
- Copy of your school’s qualification
- A valid study Visa
- South African medical aid cover
- Proof of English proficiency
- Declaration by your parent / legal guardian/surety.
To have a hitch-free late application, applicants must visit the Nelson Mandela University official website.
How To Apply for the Nelson Mandela University (NMU) Online
Follow the application steps below to successfully apply online for NMU to gain admission to study at Nelson Mandela University.
- Visit the NMU application website https://applyonline.mandela.ac.za/
- Register and create your NMU student account to log in
- Click on “Apply Online Now”
- Complete the application by filling out all the required information
- Upload all the required documents
- Pay your application fee (applicable to only international students)
- Then, click “Submit” to complete your late NMU application.
Once you’ve successfully submitted your form, you may be required to write and submit a placement test. Admission or acceptance is largely based on the minimum admission requirements, results of the placement test, and the weighted matric score or weighted matric average mark – as required by the faculty.
Note that submitting a completed admission form doesn’t mean that you’ve been accepted as a student or that you may proceed with other registration. All applicants will be duly notified, in writing, of the result of their application.
Does NMU Charge for Late Application?
Applicants applying for late application at Nelson Mandela University (NMU) will have to pay a non-refundable application fee of R500. However, this is only applicable to international student applicants. On the other hand, the application is entirely free for South African student applicants.
Nelson Mandela University (NMU) Late Application Requirements Conditions
Late applications will be consumed only for specific programs with available spaces for the following application categories:
- Applicants who completed only 1 or 2 options out of the maximum of 3 options for applications submitted during or before the normal application timelines
- Applicants who failed to apply during the normal application timelines (maximum of 3 options)
- No 4th choices using the Dean’s Discretionary process will be considered during the late application timeline
- Students transferring from other universities
- Phasing out programs
- NMU students who have a gap in their studies
- Advanced Diploma Studies (Students who have completed a National Diploma/Diploma/Bachelors Degree or equivalent studies)
- Postgraduate studies – Post Graduate Diploma programs
- Postgraduate studies – M Tech/Master Course-based programs.
Nelson Mandela University (NMU) Late Admission Guidelines And Forms
Applications for the Nelson Mandela University (NMU) are available online except for non-degree programs. Your application form must contain:
- A certified copy of your Grade 11 report
- A recent Grade 12 (June/Sept) report ( March results are not accepted), or if you’ve already passed the matriculation examination, a copy of your matriculation certificate, or copies containing results of diploma/degree certificates and academic records for postgraduate applications.
- A copy of your ID/Passport
- A copy of the identity document of your parent/legal guardian/surety.
- Declaration by your parent / legal guardian/surety.
After submission, an acknowledgment letter or the outcome of your admission will be sent to you within 10 working days.
However, if your admissions school subjects and points do not fulfill the entry requirements for your chosen program, you may be required to write an access assessment test. You can track the status of your application from time to time. However, the outcome of your application will be sent to you via SMS, email, or a letter posted to your postal address. Please ensure that you submit your correct cell phone number.
Follow the following steps to complete your NMU Late application form.
- Step 1: Study the admission requirements and selection criteria of your selected program.
- Step2: Download the application form
- Step 3: If satisfied and sure that you meet the admission and outlined subject requirements, then go ahead and complete the electronic application form.
- Step 4: Write an electronic copy of your academic records and other relevant documents to upload.
- Step 5: Click here to get further information on how to apply.
- Step 6: Go through your application for errors and corrections before submitting it.
- Step 7: Make sure you’ve paid the Application fee (international students only) before submitting the application form.
Note that once your application is submitted, you cannot correct the details of your application yourself. However, if you want to change your choice of program or any other detail, you’ll have to contact the Admissions Office.
Within three working days of submitting your application, you’ll receive an email correspondence acknowledging your application and providing your applicant number, which you are to use as a reference in future correspondence with the institution.