Laudium Tragedy: CSA Mourns The Passing Of Two Of Its Coaches


BuzzSouthAfrica can confirm that two cricket coaches were found murdered at the Laudium cricket clubhouse this morning, and two others severely assaulted. Cricket South Africa (CSA) has reacted to the Laudium tragedy expressing shock and deep sadness.

CSA said it is horrified by the passing of two of its coaches and the critical injuries the others sustained. According to the governing body of cricket in the country, Given Nkosi, (24) and Charlson Maseko (26) were the victims of the Laudium tragedy.

Read Also – 2023 Rugby World Cup To Create Over 38,000 Jobs In South Africa

While Nkosi and Maseko were Laudium Cricket Club coaches, those seriously injured are KFC Mini-Cricket Co-Ordinator Kagiso Masubelele (27) and Laudium Hub Head Coach and Co-Ordinator Obed Harvey Agbomadzie (27).

Commenting, CSA Chief Executive, Haroon Lorgat said:

“This has come as a huge shock to the entire Cricket South Africa Family. These are all dedicated cricket administrators and coaches who have been making a huge difference to the communities in which they operate, providing an important source of upliftment and hope, particularly to our youth.

“Indeed, what they have been doing goes far beyond the game of cricket. On behalf of the CSA Family, I extend our deepest condolences to the family, friends, and colleagues of those who have lost their lives, and we pray that those who are injured will make a quick and complete recovery.” 

See Also – AB de Villiers On Commitment To Proteas: Read Everything He Said

Similarly, Northerns Cricket Union Chief Executive Jacques Faul said:

“This is devastating news for the Northerns cricket community. They have been a highly valued and integral part of our talent pipeline development programme, particularly in the Laudium community.

“On behalf of the Northerns cricket family, I extend our deepest sympathy, prayers and support to the family, friends and colleagues of all involved.” 

From our gatherings, the bodies of the coaches were discovered by a community member who alerted the security guards. The guards contacted the police and the incident is currently under investigation.