Whether you are a new student or a returning one to the University of the Free State, you will have mandatory reasons why you must make use of the UFS Self Service Portal. While the process is as easy as it gets, it can get a little confusing for some, most especially new students and returning students who are not tech-savvy.
Getting yourself logged into the portal is important for many reasons as it is only through it that you can get to view information regarding your fee payments, courses, and other registration processes. If by any chance you get to misplace or forget your password, there are a few easy steps you can take to recover, reset, or change it.
A Look At The Importance of The UFS Student Portal
The UFS has created the student portal for its formal students (both new and returning), as well as prospective students who are expected to create accounts and follow up with personal and general information that may be useful to one.
In addition to that, students will be required to perform certain academic actions on the UFS Self Service Portal with all the ease it affords. Some of the things one can perform on the platform include the following:
- Carry out your course registration
- Details regarding fees and payment
- Check your result and apply for a transcript
- View admission list and status
- Acceptance Fees Payment Details
- View Academic Calendar and timetable
- Extra Credit Hours
- Deferment of admission
- Student password management
In general, the platform helps you to access information relating to academic records, financial records, proof of registration, as well as housing and residence affairs, among other things.
Simple Steps To Login To UFS Self Service Portal
As stated, new students, returning, and old students, as well as prospective students, can all have access to the portal once they can create an account. You can access the portal with any internet-enabled device, including your computer or laptop, mobile phone, or tablet.
Here are the easy steps to follow if you want to log in:
- Go to the website of the institution on your device or computer through their address: https://www.ufs.ac.za/
- On the menu, click on Students
- Click on the Student Self Service icon on the new page that opens
- Now, you can put in your username followed by your password
- Finally, click on Login and that will see you through to carry out any relating activity you may want.
How To Recover or Reset Your Password If Missing
Just as it is with any other password, one can forget one’s UFS Self Service Portal password. That is why the platform makes it easy for one to reset a forgotten password or change it entirely when you have the feeling that it has been compromised or for security reasons.
With that said, ensure that before you change your password or request for a reset, that you have a new password ready at hand that you can easily remember, one that others cannot guess easily such as personal information, or even one that you use on your social media.
Here is the process to reset your password:
- The first thing to do is to navigate to the UFS Self- Service following the steps of logging in.
- Next, click on the “Forgot Password” button.
- You will be required to type in your UFS student number in the Username field or the Username you used.
- Authenticate that you are human by completing the reCAPTCHA.
- Now, click on the Search button.
- You will be required to select how you would like to receive your OTP (One-Time PIN) most conveniently either through SMS or Email.
- Your OTP is only valid for 5 minutes.
- Once that is done, you will receive an SMS with a security code, or you will receive the code in your personal e-mail account.
- The next thing is to put the security code into the code box and click on Check Code.
- A field will be provided to type in your new password and retype it for confirmation purposes.
- It is important to note that previously used passwords are not allowed.
- Click on Continue and close your web browser. You will receive a notification email once the process is complete.
You Can Also Change Your UFS Self Service Portal Password
One thing that is even easier than requesting to have our password reset is to change it when you feel it is not easy for you to remember or for any other personal reasons. To do that, here are the processes involved:
- You will need to navigate to the UFS Self Service portal and log in following the process above.
- Once you are logged into your portal, click on Change Password
- A new window will come up with fields requesting for you to type a new password in the New Password
- Retype the new password to confirm and then click on change password.
- Once this process is completed, a notification email will be sent to you to confirm that the password has been changed. The email is for security reasons to make sure you are aware of the change.
- More importantly, while changing the password, ensure not to use a previously used password as it will not be accepted. Also, you must meet some requirements in terms of the cases and characters allowed before the password will be accepted.
What Information Can One Find On The UFS Self Service Portal?
Get important notifications from the UFS at your fingertips. Download the #KovsieApp and access study records, marks, class and exam timetables, mini-fee statement, etc. You will also receive important notifications when logged into the app. pic.twitter.com/fvRR6ZDvzg
— UFS (@UFSweb) February 4, 2021
As already stated, the UFS Self Service Portal is packed with many information and services that will be useful to both students and prospective students. Some of the available information includes all the programs the institution offers, as well as the courses. Also, you will find details about the current session, admission information, and how to get into the university.
Tuition fees and other payments, library access, and almost anything else that one is looking for can be gotten on the platform. What is more important is the fact that when you log into your portal, the available info will be tailored for your needs since it is your information that you will access.
The university has also introduced an app that you can download and access the self-help portal, as well as all other important information.
How To Get Further Assistance
If for any reason, you are unable to access the portal and you are having challenges resetting your password, you can get further assistance through the following channels:
- Address: University of the Free State PO Box 339 Bloemfontein 9300 South Africa
- Phone number: +27 51 401 9111
- Address: Qwaqwa Campus Private Bag X13 Kestell Road Phuthaditjhaba 9866
- Phone number: +27 58 718 5000
- Address: South Campus PO Box 339 Oliver Tambo Street Bloemfontein 9300
- Phone number: +27 51 401 9111
You can also send an email to: [email protected]