Every business or organization needs a proper feedback mechanism to help customers reach out whenever they need to. It helps to know what the customers or clients think about their products or services. Without this in place, it would be difficult to serve their customers better – to know when to improve and what to improve on.
Good customer service is one of the many reasons why Standard Bank South Africa can boldly pride itself as the biggest bank in South Africa with the highest number of employees and over 8 million customers. Standard Bank has made it possible for their customers to reach a customer care agent at the comfort of their homes by providing several methods of connecting them to get help or lay a complaint.
Different Methods Of Connecting With A Standard Bank Customer Care Agent
There are a good number of ways you can connect with a Standard Bank customer care agent without leaving your home. The fact that most of these methods are online and you do not have to see the customer care agent in person does not mean that your request or complaints will be taken trivially. Here are the different methods of connecting with Standard Bank customer care:
- Social media
- Visiting a branch
- Standard Bank community
All of these methods are effective, and for fast response, consider reaching out during working hours.
How To Connect With Standard Bank Customer Care Agent Via Email
Email is one of the professional methods of reaching out to people or organizations. Most companies use emails to reach out to their clients, employees, and even potential employees. In less than one minute of sending an email, it will be received by the recipient. You can reach a customer care agent by simply sending an email that contains your request – using the address – [email protected].
You can also track your mail to know whether it has been sent or even opened by the recipient. To file a complaint or request for help or information from a Standard Bank customer care agent through an email, you don’t have to worry about downloading the email app, because it usually comes with most smartphones.
However, Standard Bank South Africa has different email addresses you can use to contact them. Each e-mail is specified for particular purposes. To get a quicker response, it is advisable that you send your e-mail to the e-mail address dedicated to such request or complaint. Here are e-mail addresses with which you can contact Standard Bank South Africa for specific reasons
- Loan Relief – [email protected]
- Business Relief – [email protected]
- Car and home content claims – [email protected]
- Commercial insurance claims – [email protected]
- Funeral plan claims – [email protected]
- Personal building structure claims – [email protected]
- Insurance Relief – [email protected]
- Accident and health insurance claims – [email protected]
You Can Connect With A Customer Care Agent Via Calls
If you need an immediate response to your request or complaints, then putting a call through to a Standard Bank customer care agent may be the best option. Here is a list of all the numbers you can reach a customer care agent at Standard Bank with:
|Type of Request||Number to call|
|General Banking||0860 123 000|
|Insurance||0860 123 999|
|Business||0860 109 075|
|Fraud||0800 020 600|
You can call these lines from 8 am to 5:30 pm on weekdays and 8 am to 4 pm on weekends.
If your request or inquiry is too urgent that you cannot wait for it to get to your turn while calling through the numbers above, or you need to place your call immediately and it’s already past working hour, then dial 0800 020 500. If you detect any fraudulent activity on your account, then call customer care directly on 0800 020 600 for fraud-related issues only.
You Can Also Connect With Standard Bank Customer Care Agent on Social Media
Social media has become one of the easiest means for businesses to advertise their services and products, as well as connect more with customers. Standard Bank has also made it possible for customers to reach out to a customer care agent with so much ease as though they were chatting with family and friends. You can connect with a Standard Bank customer care agent on social media through WhatsApp, Facebook, and WeChat.
How To Connect On WeChat
- Log in to your WeChat account.
- Select ‘Official Accounts’ in the contact list.
- Choose ‘Add an Account’.
- Enter ‘Standard Bank’ and select ‘Search’.
- Select ‘Standard Bank Instant Messaging’.
- Start a conversion.
- To verify that you are the one, a USSD session will be opened for you to answer questions.
- You will be redirected to any instant messaging platform of your choice.
- Read through the terms and conditions, then accept.
- You can now start chatting with an agent.
How To Connect With A Customer Care Agent On Facebook Messenger
To connect with a Standard Bank on Facebook, you must be a Facebook user who has the Facebook messenger app on his or her phone. To register for social media chats on Facebook, follow the steps below:
- Follow @StandardBankInstantMessaging
- Start a conversation by sending ‘Hi’.
- A USSD session will be opened for you to respond to questions with which Standard Bank can verify that you are the one.
- You will be redirected to any messaging platform you choose.
- Go through the terms and conditions, after which if you still wish to continue, agree with it.
- You can now start chatting with a customer care agent at any time.
How To Connect With Customer Care On WhatsApp
Standard Bank launched its WhatsApp chatbot in 2020, in response to the COVID-19 pandemic restrictions. It was created to help clients stay updated with recent COVID-19 updates and to know what Standard Bank is doing to help them. To connect with a Standard Bank customer care agent on WhatsApp, follow the procedure below:
- Save the Standard Bank WhatsApp contact +27 64 570 0291 on your phone.
- Open your WhatsApp app.
- Tap on the Contact icon.
- Tap on the three dots at the top of your contact list.
- Tap on ‘Refresh’.
- Search for the Standard Bank WhatApp contact you saved.
- Start a conversation by sending ‘Hi’.
You Can Connect With Standard Bank Customer Care Agent Online Via Their Website
Another method of reaching out to a Standard Bank customer care agent is by asking a question in the Standard Bank community. Here is how to go about this:
- Visit the Standard Bank ‘Contact Us’ page.
- Scroll down to the blue ‘Visit Our Community Button’.
- Tap on ‘Talk’.
- Select the topic your inquiry is related to.
- Click on ‘Start Conversation’.
- Enter your email address.
- Enter your password.
- Follow the prompts to successfully start a conversation.
How To Lodge A Complaint With Standard Bank
To lodge a complaint with Standard Bank, follow the procedure below:
- Visit Standard Bank’s official website.
- Scroll down to where you have ‘Compliments or Complaints’ and click on it.
- Fill in the form with accurate details and submit.
- Standard Bank will get back to you.
If you do not like the response you get, then you can accelerate your response using the following methods:
- Call – 0860 101 101
- Fax – 011-636-8860
- Mail – [email protected]
When sending in your complaints, ensure that you include the reference number of your previous complaints. You can download a complaints form which you can fill and send back to Standard Bank South Africa through: