Getting interrupted while browsing the internet, chatting with friends, or making a call can be very annoying and embarrassing as well most times, but this problem can easily be dealt with. All you need to do is ensure that you have sufficient airtime balance to make a call before putting the call through and regularly checking your data balance to know when a top-up is required. Checking your MTN data and airtime balance has never been easier.
Like other networks, MTN understands the urgency with which people may need to recharge their lines or top up their data; thus, they have made it possible for all users to recharge and top up without leaving the comfort of their homes.
Ways To Check Your MTN Data Balance
Before you start streaming Netflix, Showmax, or playing games and downloading videos online, it is necessary to check your data balance. The process is easy, and there are a variety of methods to choose from. The process of checking all data balances on MTN South Africa is the same.
You Can Check Your Data Balance On MTN Mobile App
The MTN mobile app is a self-service app where users can perform various services without visiting the website or calling customer care. The mobile app’s limitation is that only smartphone users can access it, and it requires data. So in a situation where your data has been used up, it would be possible to use the app. To use the Mobile app to check your data balance, here is what to do:
- Turn on your internet connection.
- Open the MTN mobile app on your smartphone.
- Navigate through the app to check your data balance.
Note: The MTN mobile app is easy to use, so you should not find it difficult to perform any service on it.
You Can Check Your Data Balance Using USSD Code
The use of USSD codes remains the easiest method of checking your data balance for both smartphone users and non-smartphone users. To make use of MTN USSD, here is what you need to do:
- Open the dialer of your phone.
- Dial *136# on your MTN line.
- Your balance will be displayed to you.
You Can Check Your Data Balance On WhatsApp
To make MTN data and airtime balance check easy and fun, the network provider has created a self-service channel on WhatsApp. Just like chatting with your friends, you can check your data balance. Here is all you need to do:
- Save 083 123 0011 on your phone contact list.
- Turn on your internet connection.
- Open your WhatsApp app.
- Refresh your WhatsApp contact list.
- Scroll through the list to find the name you saved the WhatsApp contact.
- Send a message requesting your MTN data or airtime balance.
How To Check Your MTN Airtime Balance
Most of the methods for checking your data balance on MTN are still the same methods for checking your airtime balance.
Check Your Data Balance Using USSD Code
Checking your airtime balance via USSD code is one of the oldest methods of knowing your airtime balance, and it is still one of the most popular and used methods.
- Open the dialer on your phone.
- Dial *136# on your MTN line.
- Follow the prompts to check your data balance.
Alternatively, for a detailed balance, dial *136*1# on your MTN line.
You Can Check Your Airtime Balance On WhatsApp
Just like checking your data balance on your WhatsApp, you can also check your airtime balance on WhatsApp. Only smartphone users can use this method. Firstly, you will have to download WhatsApp on the Google play store or app store, then install the app on your phone, and register your number on it, after which, follow the process below to check your airtime balance:
- Save the MTN South African WhatsApp contact 083 123 0011 on your phone.
- Open your WhatsApp.
- Tap on the contact icon.
- Tap on the three dots at the top right.
- Select Refresh to refresh your contacts.
- Scroll through your contacts to find MTN South Africa.
- Start chatting and request for your airtime balance.
You Can Check Your Airtime Balance Via Call
Another method of checking your airtime is via placing a call. This method is also straightforward and does not take much of your time. All you need to do is:
- Open the dialer app on your phone.
- Dial 136 with your MTN line.
Check Your Airtime Balance Via MTN Mobile App
The process is also similar to check your data balance. It is probably not as popular and used as the USSD code because it requires data and a smartphone. Before you can access the MTN mobile app, you will have to first download it from the Google play store and app store for Android and iPhone users, respectively, then install the app and register your MTN number on it.
After which, you can always open the app and navigate through it to check your airtime balance. Besides checking your airtime balance on the mobile app, you can also buy recharge cards and data bundles. Also, downloading the mobile app and registering your number on it for the first time gives users access to free 1GB of data.
How To Buy Airtime On MTN
After checking your airtime and data balance, you must top-up even before you go empty on airtime and data. Topping up your balances is just as simple as checking your balance.
Top Up Your Airtime Via MTN Online Store
- Visit mtn.co.za.
- Tap on the Recharge/Top-Up icon.
- Click on Airtime.
- Enter the amount of airtime you will like to purchase.
- Tap the yellow confirm button.
- Enter the cellphone number you want to purchase the airtime for.
- Tap on Confirm.
- Proceed to make payments for the airtime using your debit or credit card.
You Can Also Buy Airtime Using Your Bank’s USSD Code
The only thing MTN will deduct from your account is the exact amount for the airtime you want to purchase, but your bank may also charge a token as the service fee. Here is the complete list of banks and their unique codes:
- ABSA: *120*2272#
- Standard Bank: *120*2345#
- Capitec: *120*3279#
- Nedbank: *120*001#
- FNB: *120*321#
All you need to do is dial the code for your bank with your MTN line.
Recharge Your Line Using Eazi Recharge
- Dial *136*10# with your MTN line.
- Select Recharge.
- Enter the cell phone number you want to recharge.
- Input the amount of airtime you want to buy.
- Accept terms and conditions.
- Proceed to pay using your debit or credit card.
You Can Also Recharge Your MTN Line Using Voucher Cards
The use of voucher cards is one of the oldest and most popular methods of recharging your line, even though most people now prefer using other methods, as it saves them the stress of looking for a community vendor that sells voucher cards. To recharge your line with voucher cards, follow the steps below:
- Purchase a voucher card.
- If the card needs to be scratched for the numbers to be revealed, carefully do that.
- Dial *136*recharge voucher pin#.
- Almost immediately, you will be credited.