While eating healthy is highly necessary, there’s no law that says all your healthy meals should be bland and tasteless, if anything, it should be the opposite. Your healthy meals can be varied, delicious and make you not miss anything about eating junk food which is generally bad for your body.
It may take a little work but there’s nothing wrong with treating yourself to a tasty meal while keeping those calories down. So here are meals that you will definitely enjoy while eating healthy.
1. Crock Pot Paprika Pot Roast
A crock-pot is definitely an amazing addition to your kitchen, especially if you’re thinking of maintaining a healthy diet. This is definitely one recipe to try out.
Small Red Onions
- First, mix the garlic powder, paprika, Italian spice, cayenne pepper and onion powder.
- Mix the spices and pot roast next.
- Next, heat your coconut oil and then place your pot roast in the pan till it is brown on all sides.
- Chop your onions and pour half into the crock pot.
- Pour just enough water in the crock pot till it covers the onions then place the now browned pot roast on top of the onions.
- Pour the remaining onions into the crock pot around the pot roast.
- Stir the balsamic vinegar and tomato sauce together in another bowl.
- Then pour the mixture over the pot roast.
- Turn the heat up to high and allow the pot roast to cook for 4-5 hours.
2. Double Beef Chili
Red Kidney Beans
- Steam the sausage and beef till brown
- Saute the onions and garlic, then add to pot.
- Next, add the tomatoes, carrots, celery and all the beans to the pot.
- Add the water, spices and wine.
- Allow it to cook for a few minutes.
- Then let it simmer before you serve.
3. Cajun Zucchini Noodle Stew With Shrimp And Sausage
Sliced red bell pepper
1. Spiralize the Zucchini
2. Sprinkle some salt on the zucchini ‘noodles’ before heating the olive oil on high heat.
3. Cook the garlic in oil with the Cajun seasoning for about a minute before adding celery, onions and peppers.
4. Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
5. Reduce the heat to medium then add the chicken sausage slices. Cook for another 2 minutes.
6. Next, add the sliced tomatoes, tomato paste, bay leaves and chicken broth.
7. Stir and allow the mix to boil.
8. Reduce the heat and allow the sauce simmer until it thickens.
9. Add the shrimp in the sauce and leave to boil for about 3-5 minutes.
10. Remember your zucchini noodles? Squeeze as much moisture as you can from it before serving it.
11. Then serve the sauce on top of the zucchini noodles.
12. Garnish with parsley.
4. Orange Beef Stir-Fry Sweet Potato Noodles And Kale
|Sauce Ingredients||Stir Fry Ingredients|
|Minced Ginger||Coconut Oil|
|Salt||Sirloin Steak, Cut into pieces|
- Spiralize the sweet potato;
- Heat some of the coconut oil before adding the potato noodles. Cook until soft (about 5 minutes), then keep aside.
- Heat the remaining oil before adding the ginger.
- Let the ginger fry for about a minuted before adding the steak.
- Allow the steak cook till your preferred taste of doneness, also keep aside when ready.
- Mix all the ingredient for the sauce, excluding the kale, before putting a pan to boil.
- When the sauce begins to thicken, reduce the heat and add the kale.
- The sauce is ready when the kale begins to wilt.
- Pour some of your sauce over a serving of your potato noodles and enjoy with your steak.
5. Bbq Pork Chops
Pork Chops with the fat trimmed
- Mix the brown sugar, ketchup, cider vinegar, chilli powder and Worcestershire sauce in a small bowl.
- Put the pork chops into a resealable plastic bag and then pour the marinade into the bag. Ensure the marinade covers the entire pork chops before sealing the bag.
- Keep in the refrigerator for 4-6 hours.
- Preheat the grill;
- Spray the grill with nonstick cooking spray before turning up the heat
- Place the marinated pork chops on the grill and cook each side until done (to your own preference).
6. Mediterranean Fish
Chopped red bell pepper
sliced green olives
- Heat your olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and tomatoes.
- Allow it to simmer for a few minutes as the tomatoes begin to soften;
- Then add the olives, capers, bell pepper, chicken broth, pepper, salt and onions.
- Cook for another five minutes before adding the cod to the sauce.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes until the bell peppers have softened, the tomatoes have broken down and the cod is ready.
- Add spinach to the sauce, leave to cook for only one minute.
- Food is ready.
7. Chicken Pad Thai
Boiled Pasta (of your choice)
Chicken (cut into pieces)
Red Chili Flakes
Sliced yellow pepper
- Prepare your pasta as directed on the pack;
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat;
- Add the chicken and allow to cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Mix the peanut butter, fish sauce, chilli flakes and Splenda thoroughly;
- Pour the mixture over your chicken and cover for 3-5 minutes;
- Add the Cilantro before you turn off your cooker;
- Food is ready.