Breaking News! Zim’s First Lady Grace Mugabe In SAPS’ Custody


Emerging report has it that the Zimbabwean first lady Grace Mugabe has willingly handed herself to the South African Police over an alleged violence on one South African Model.

Police Minister Fikile Mbalula confirmed on Tuesday that the Zimbabwean first lady handed herself to the police after a 20-year old South African Model filed a case of assault against her.

Model Gabriella Engles is seeking legal action against Robert Mugabe’s wife after she allegedly attacked her with an extension cord at a Johannesburg area hotel on Sunday evening.

 Read Also: Bob Mugabe Ordered to Crush Wife’s Presidential Hope

The 20-year-old South African claimed on Twitter that 52-year-old Grace Mugabe was responsible for the scar she had sustained on her forehead.

Gabriella posted on Twitter: “What is a girl compared to a woman beating you and 10+ body guards standing back leaving her to do this s***?

“She split my head open in 3 places with an extension cord and used the plug to hit me,” she said,

“She flipped and just kept beating me with the plug. Over and over. I had no idea what was going on. I was surprised… I needed to crawl out of the room before I could run away.

Recommended: 12 Things You Didn’t Know About the Glamorous Grace Mugabe

“Her ten bodyguards just stood there watching, no one did anything, no one tried to help me.” she added.

She immediately tried to open a case of assault at the Sandton police station and her mum Debbie added that her daughter would be contacting the police over the alleged assault.

Confirming this, Minister Fikile Mbalula revealed that Grace Mugabe has handed herself over to local police. He added that she would appear at Wynberg magistrates court today at 1 pm.

He said: “She’s not under arrest because she co-operated and handed herself over to the police.”

Read Also: Zim’s VP Mnangagwa Hospitalized In SA: Everything We Gathered

Zimbabwe Information Minister Christopher Mushowe told the news reporters that he was unaware of the allegation.

Mrs Mugabe was in South Africa to be treated for an ankle injury, sustained during a road accident last month, when the alleged assault took place, according to Zimbabwean media.

It is not clear whether she was travelling on a diplomatic or a normal passport.