With an innumerable number of flights to Cape Town from major airlines around the world, Cape Town International airport, is always kept busy all year round. No wonder it is the third most active airport in Africa.
Cape Town is a city with amazing weather and beaches to make anyone consider relocating. With all the attractions and activities available to engage in, Cape Town gets a major inflow of tourists from various parts of the world.
It is okay to want to save some bucks while you enjoy the best flight to Cape Town, so to make your search easy, we have compiled a list of airlines around the world that have flights to Cape Town.
Major Airlines Flying To Cape Town
- South African Airways: The flagship airline for South Africa, it operates only on domestic routes (Johannesburg – O.R Tambo Airport).
- British Airways: British Airways which is the flagship airline of the United Kingdom operates on both international (London – Heathrow and Gatwick) and domestic (Johannesburg and Port Elizabeth) routes to Cape Town.
- Emirates: Emirates operates on international routes, from Dubai to Cape Town.
- KLM: KLM operates on international routes, from Amsterdam to Cape Town.
- Turkish Airlines: Turkish airlines operate on international routes, from Istanbul (Ataturk) to Cape Town.
- Qatar Airways: Qatar Airways operates on international routes, from Doha to Cape Town.
- Air France: Air France operates on international routes, from Paris to Cape Town.
- Ethiopian Airlines: Ethiopian Airlines operates on international routes, from Addis Ababa to Cape Town.
- Kenya Airways: Kenya Airways operates on international routes, flying two routes from Nairobi and Livingstone (Zambia), to Cape Town.
- TAAG Angola Airlines: TAAG Angola Airlines operates on international routes, from Luanda to Cape Town.
- Fly Blue Crane: Fly Blue Crane operates on domestics routes, flying from three locations (Bloemfontein airport, Johannesburg airport and Kimberley airport) in South Africa to Durban International Airport.
- Air Botswana: Air Botswana operates on International routes, flying from Gaborone to Cape Town.
- Airlink: Airlink operates on both domestic and international routes, flying from George airport, Kimberley airport, Nelspruit airport, Wonderboom airport, Skukuza airport, Upinton airport, Maun airport (Botswana) and Windhoek airport (Namibia) to Durban International airport.
- Air Mauritius: Air Mauritius operates on international routes, flying from Mauritius to Cape Town.
- Air Namibia: Air Namibia operates on international routes, flying from two locations (Walvis Bay airport and Windhoek airport) within Namibia, to Cape Town.
- CemAir: CemAir operates on domestic routes, from Plettenberg Bay to Cape Town International Airport.
- Condor: Condor is a seasonal flight, which operates on international routes, from Frankfurt, to Cape Town International Airport.
- Edelweiss Air: This is also a seasonal flight, which operates on international routes, from Zurich to Cape Town.
- Kulula: Kulula is a South African domestic airline, which fly major domestic routes such as Durban and Johannesburg to Cape Town.
- Lufthansa: Lufthansa is also a seasonal airline, which operates on international routes, flying from two locations in Germany (Frankfurt and Munich) to Cape Town.
- Mango: Mango operates on domestic routes, flying from Bloemfontein, Durban, Johannesburg and Port Elizabeth to Cape Town.
- South African Express: South African Express operates on both domestic and international routes, flying from Bloemfontein, Durban, East London airport (Cape Town), George airport, Hoedspruit airport, Port Elizabeth, Sun City and Walvis Bay (Namibia) to Cape Town international airport.
- Thomas Cook Airlines: Thomas Cook Airlines is a seasonal airline which operates on international routes, flying from Gatwick airport (London) to Cape Town International airport.
Cheap Flights To cape Town
Various airlines and booking agencies offer cheap flights to Cape Town, depending on the time, season, destination of choice and time of booking as well as time of payment.
Most of these options can be found online via various websites, where prices and time of flights can be compared. Just to list a few, here are some sites to check out and compare prices from:
Compare Dates And Time
Most times, getting a cheap flight deal could be as easy as picking the right date or time. Some sites have a flexible option with dates, even after you have picked your intended date of travel.
This is a good thing as it lets you compare prices with your intended date and other available dates. Most times booking a ticket days ahead could save you a couple of hundreds/thousands.
Pay For Tickets Immediately
Paying for tickets immediately after booking is always a cheaper option, as opposed to booking on hold or leaving your booking for a later date. This is because ticket prices tend to increase every minute/hour or day that goes by.
Not to mention the fact that airlines only have a limited number of ticket to sell, so the more time you waste, the more your wallet suffers and the less the chances of actually getting the said ticket on flights to Cape Town.
Finally, when it comes to getting cheap deals, look out for connecting flights as opposed to direct flights (That is if you are not restricted by time). Follow airlines on social media or sign-up to your favorite airline’s newsletters.