It’s always best to get your application in on time if you are seeking admission into any institution of higher learning. However, this does not always happen, hence the reason some universities have courses and programs available for late application. The University of Johannesburg, like most universities, has certain policies that guide the late application service.
In addition to that, they also have very easy and convenient ways of carrying out semester registration for both old and new students. All you have to do is follow the laid-down instructions and you would be good in not less than five minutes.
Late Applications at The University of Johannesburg is Done Online
The University of Johannesburg (UJ) is among the institutions of higher learning in South Africa that accepts late applications from applicants who are interested in studying various courses. However, unlike some universities, UJ only conducts its late application processes online. They do not allow walk-ins and sometimes close the system at an earlier stage depending on the volume and quality of late application inquiries received.
For more information on UJ’s late application service, call the university’s call center on 011 559 4555.
The Late Application Process
Nobody loves lateness in anything. But, if for some reason you fail to apply with your peers at the University of Johannesburg, their late application option is available to make it up. This option allows you to get registered and study at the time you want. All you have to do is to meet their requirements and then provide the necessary items or files for registration, get cleared and you are good to go.
It is pertinent to note that late application at UJ is done online only. You cannot register for the program offline. In fact, one of the university’s policies on this program is that walk-ins are not allowed, even for late inquiries, as everything is done online.
Once you apply late for any course at UJ, there are certain things you need to know. These things will help you get yourself prepared for the next phase and also provide answers to questions you might have in the future. They can be found below:
- Once you apply, UJ will release the final grade 12 results after which they will conduct the final selection of candidates.
- Once they are done, they will go ahead to inform applicants of the outcome of their application status within 5 working days. This can be done via e-mail or SMS.
- UJ strongly advises applicants not to visit any campus to confirm their final application status, even if they have not received an SMS or e-mail within the stipulated 5 working days from the release of the final grade 12 results.
- To enquire whether UJ still has space in a particular qualification, you must use the late application inquiry system.
- Similarly, if you want to change to another course, you must use the late application inquiry system too.
- Only qualifications the university has space available for will be made available on the late inquiry system for applicants who eventually meet the minimum entrance requirements.
NB: To verify your application, all you have to do is to call the UJ Call Centre on 011 559 4555 for more information or follow the link.
Step-by-Step Guide on How To Apply
Short Learning Programme in Law and 4IR
This programme introduces students to the intersection between law and the Fourth Industrial Revolution.
— University of Johannesburg (@go2uj) March 10, 2021
- You will start first by submitting either your UJ student number, Grade 12 examination number, or ID number and click on submit.
- Go ahead to verify your personal details and then click on confirm.
- On a new or previous application confirmation, the system will indicate whether you qualify for any available qualification if you have never applied at the institution. If you have previously applied, the system will indicate your application status for the qualification(s) you have applied for.
- You can go ahead to start your registration if you are comfortable with your qualification choice and have a positive application status. (Only applicants with an admitted status are allowed to continue with registration).
- Select the qualification you are interested in from the list of available qualifications within the Faculty/College that will be displayed.
- Click on submit an inquiry if you are happy with your selection. If you are not, click on make a different selection to start the process again.
- Input your cell phone number.
- Click on submit.
Note the following:
- If you are not happy with your current qualification, simply click on the change qualification button.
- You can select your preferred Faculty/College from the page where you have qualifications that you qualify for and still have space available. They are usually displayed per Faculty/College.
- Get your iEnabler PIN handy if you already have a UJ student number as you will be requested to enter it. Request for a new pin via your email address if you forget your PIN and then click on the back button of the browser and input your student number and PIN again to continue the process.
- You can as well reach out to the UJ Call Centre at 011 559 4555 for more help.
UJ Semester Registration Process: How To Navigate
- Log onto the registration portal via ulink.uj.ac.za using your student number and password. (If you do not have one, create it by clicking the create new password button).
- Click on “Registration” under the classes block and then on “My Registration” (It’s iEnabler)
- Click on “Registration” on the left under “Student Wed” to start the registration process.
- Detailed instructions on how to use each option can be assessed by clicking on the blue question mark at each process.
- Work your way through all the processes under Registration listed on the left.
- Read the Exemption and Indemnity Agreement
- Click on “Accept” to be able to continue with your online Registration.
- Verify your personal contact details, address details, and contact person details.
- You can generate a “Provisional Proforma Statement” (if needed) by clicking on the relevant calendar year highlighted in blue and follow the instructions.
- Verify UJ’s payment method under Payment Information before making a payment.
- Click on “Process Online Payment” and follow the instruction.
- Click on “Pay Now”.
- You can verify your payment made under View Online Transaction Detail.
- Read the Academic Registration Rules, Regulations, and Statements on personal information and click on “Accept” to be able to continue with your registration.
- Verify your registration information under Registration Verification.
- Click on “Submit Registration” and the relevant qualification code highlighted in blue.
- Enter the qualification information and click on “Save and Continue”.
- Select the module/s you want to register for and click on “Save and Continue”.
- Verify the module/s you want to add and click on “Continue”.
- Click on “Accept Registration”.
- Verify and save your Proof of Registration (PoR) information.
- If applicable, verify /enter your WIL subject employer information.
We look forward to offering a Short Learning Programme in Healthcare Technology in #4IR, which aims to develop knowledge of a range of healthcare innovations & technologies that arise with the increasing automation of medical devices. @Habib_Noorbhai pic.twitter.com/Rk2OuB8d2L
— University of Johannesburg (@go2uj) February 11, 2021
For details and documents needed for the registration, you may have to contact the institution directly. Reach out to their representative through their call center number listed above.