DJ Maphorisa’s net worth is estimated at $2.2 million, equivalent to about 32 million rands. His impressive career, which began in 2018, has earned him a place among the wealthiest DJs in South Africa and Africa.
DJ Maphorisa’s consistency over the years in the music industry and relentless hard work are why he has been able to achieve much within a short time. He’s been well rewarded in finances, and his net worth has continued to grow in leaps and bounds.
DJ Maphorisa’s Net Worth is $2.2 Million
DJ Maphorisa’s net worth in dollars is a whopping $2.2 million. He rolled in a huge part of his cash through his musical career. Themba Sonnyboy Sokwe, as he was named at his birth, belongs to the crop of South African DJs who are sitting on top of massive fortunes than most people imagine.
Unfortunately, his starting salary is not available for public consumption. However, one thing that is clear is that the celebrity DJ has seriously made a large fortune in his over three years in the industry. Besides DJing, the Pretoria-born star also earns as a music producer and other endeavors.
The Several Income Streams That Contribute To DJ Maphorisa’s Net Worth
DJ Mpahorisa is not only all about making money through music, he also rakes in a huge amount of cash through other channels.
DJ Maphorisa is widely recognized as a celebrity disk jockey in South Africa and the world at large. It is not known exactly when he started DJing but it’s been an awesome journey for him so far.
The Pretoria-born star plays at nightclubs, parties, and other special events within and outside the country. He has also entertained several notable personalities with his DJing skills and amazing personality.
He started out as a singer with the South African music group, Uhuru. In fact, his first official song was released under Uhuru. As a member of the group, he met and worked with some big names including pop artists such as Kwesta, DJ Zinhle, and Shekinah.
DJ Maphorisa became a sensation after his 2016 One Dance ft. Wizkid and Kayla became a street anthem. The project did not that put him on the international map but it also gave his career the needed boost.
Another Sold Out Show ❤️🙏🏾 pic.twitter.com/D7zOueUsCl
— Madumane (@DjMaphorisa) March 13, 2022
Some of his projects include:
- Madumane (studio album, 2021)
- The Banger
- “Omalicha Nwa”
- Love Portion
- Soweto Baby featuring Wizkid & DJ Buckz
- Midnight Starring
- Banyana (EP, 2021)
3. Production Of Records
DJ Maphorisa is a talented producer with numerous professional credits. He has worked with so many African celebrity musicians and international stars as well as a producer.
The Pretoria native is the brain behind producing and recording one of Nigeria’s Wizkid’s most successful albums; Sounds From the Other Side. The four-track album, including the hit “Come Closer,” featured popular Canadian singer, rapper, and actor, Drake.
He has also co-released hits for international pop stars. He co-produced with Drake in the hit single One Dance track, which also featured Wizkid and Kayla in 2016. DJ Maphorisa was a co-producer on his debut track, featuring Mafikizolo’s 2013 sensational hit, Khona.
4. Record Label
DJ Maphorisa is the CEO and founder of the fast-growing record label, Blaqboy Music. He established the label after his departure from “Kalawo Jazmee Records.
To his credit, he has released several hits under his record label and also worked with a great number of local artists. Blaqboy also has other artists such as Zingah, Howard, Mlindo, Cheng Cello, and Vyno Miller.
5. Endorsement Deals
DJ Maphorisa boosts his financial life through endorsements and promoting some products. Some of the elite brands he partners with are Malta and Monster energy drink.
Embarking on both local and international tours is another means through which DJ Maphorisa amass wealth. In 2021 alone, he was part of the Amafest tour as well as Wizkid’s ‘Made in Lagos’ tour.
He also did a tour in the UK between March 1 and March 22. He also visited places like Portugal, Manchester, Ireland, Chicago, San Francisco, and Los Angeles in 2022 on musical tours.
7. Collaborative Tracks
DJ Maphorisa has made fortunes from collaborating with industry big names such as Kabza De Small, Black Coffee, Tresor, and other sensational artists. In addition, he has also banded together with Niniola, Kwesta, Christ Brown, Runtown, Drak, and Wizkid. His project with the last two, One Dance, earned him international recognition.
DJ Maphorisa owes his rise to immense stardom partly to his collaborations with these musical stars and of course hard work. Here are some of his collaborative projects:
- Once Upon A Time In A Lockdown (with Kabza De Small) (2020)
- Scorpion Kings EP (with Kabza De Small) (2019)
- Scorpion King Live At Sun Arena (with Kabza De Small) (2020)
- Rumble In The Jungle (with Kabza De Small & Tresor) (2021)
- The Return of Scorpion Kings (with Kabza De Small) (2019)
DJ Maphorisa currently has over 390,000 subscribers on his YouTube channel. His songs on the platform are usually viewed by millions of YouTubers. In addition to YouTube, people also stream his projects on Spotify and iTunes.
In 2021, his EP Album titled “Banyana” received a stream of over 5 million and was tagged as” Official Double Platinum” by the South African Recording Industry. His other hit ‘Hello’ with Kabza garnered over 2.1 million views as well. He literarily amasses huge income from these streaming platforms.
Apart from DJ Maohorisa’s income streams mentioned above, it’s not known if he has other businesses that are not known to the public that puts extra cash in his pocket. Again, the exact amount each of his business ventures contributes to his overall wealth is not public knowledge.
The Hello Crooner Also Has Several Awards To His Name
DJ Maphorisa has come a long way in the industry and he has loads of awards and nominations to show for it. Here are some of the awards he has won over the years.
- MTV Africa Music Awards; Song of the Year – 2016
- Humanitarian African Prestigious Awards; Music Producer of the year – 2017
- Humanitarian African Prestigious Awards; Best DJ Africa – 2017
- MTV Africa Music Awards; Best African Act – 2020
- Dstv Mzansi Viewer’s Choice Awards; Favorite Song of the Year (Midnight Starring) – 2018
- SA Amapiano Music Awards; Best Amapiano Collaboration – Kabza De Small and DJ Maphorisa ft. Aymos, Samthing Soweto, Myztro & Mas Musiq – ‘Emcimbini’; 2021
- Best Amapiano Duo or Group; DJ Maphorisa & Khabza De Small – 2021
- Best Amapiano Male DJ Act; DJ Maphorisa & Kabza De Small – 2021
- Amapiano Album of the Year; Scorpion Kings Live – Khabza De Small & DJ Maphorisa – 2021.
DJ Maphorisa’s Car Collection Is Made Up Of Exotic Cars
Apart from fashion, DJ Maphorisa also has pretty good taste in cars. The celebrity DJ may have more cars in his garage, but here are the fancy wheels that he has been seen in.
1. Mercedes Benz V Class
DJ Maphorisa’s Mercedes Benz V Class specs and unique features
- ARAI Mileage – 16.0 kmpl
- Fuel Type: Diesel
- Engine Displacement (cc): 2143
- No. of cylinder: 4
- Max Power (bhp@rpm)161bhp@: 3800rpm
- Max Torque (nm@rpm): 380Nm@1400-2400rpm
- Seating Capacity: 6, 7
- Transmission Type: Automatic
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 57.0
- Air Conditioner
- Driver Airbag
- Passenger Airbag
2. Mercedes Benz AMG C63S Coupe
Benz AMG C63S Coupe specs and unique features
- Engine Type and Required Fuel: Twin Turbo Premium Unleaded V-8
- Displacement (liters/cubic inches): 4.0 L/243
- Fuel System: Gasoline Direct Injection
- Maximum Horsepower @ RPM: 469 @ 5500
- Maximum Torque @ RPM: 479 @ 1750
- Fuel Capacity / Gas Tank Size: 17.4
- Steering Type: Rack-Pinion
3. BMW 325i
BMW 325i specs and unique features
- Fuel consumption: 8.8L/100km
- Horsepower: 215 hp @ 6,250 rpm
- Torque: 185 lb-ft @ 2,750 rpm
- Valve timing: Variable
- Valves: 24
4. BMW M4
BMW M4 specs and unique features
- Engine Type and Required Fuel: Twin Turbo Premium Unleaded I-6
- Displacement (liters/cubic inches): 3.0 L/183
- Fuel System: Gasoline Direct Injection
- Maximum Horsepower @ RPM: 503 @ 6250
- Maximum Torque @ RPM: 479 @ 2750
- Brake Type: 4-Wheel Disc
- Anti-Lock-Braking System: 4-Wheel
- Front Brake Rotors, diameter x thickness (inches): 15
- Rear Brake Rotors, diameter x thickness (inches): 14.6
5. BMW M2
BMW M2 specs and unique features
- ARAI Mileage: 10.63 kmpl
- Fuel Type: Petrol
- Engine Displacement (cc): 2979
- No. of cylinder: 6
- Max Power (bhp@rpm): 410bhp@6250rpm
- Max Torque (nm@rpm): 550Nm@2350-5230rpm
- Seating Capacity: 4
- Transmission Type: Automatic
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 52.0
What Brands Does DJ Maphorisa Endorse?
DJ Maphorisa is a well-known promoter or ambassador of two popular brands – Malta and Monster energy drinks. The exact amount these elite companies pay him for promoting their products is not known publicly. The Pretoria native mainly promotes these products across his social media accounts.
The Celebrity DJ’s Lifestyle And Apartment Are Complete Reflections Of Luxury And Comfort
DJ Maphorisa really knows how to spend his money on choicest bling, fashion, and cars. On a daily basis, he shows off his wealth to his over 2 million followers on Instagram and over 1.5 million followers on Twitter.
He literarily feeds his fans with pictures of his cars, expensive designer clothes and shoes, travels, tours, and fun moments with other artists.
DJ Maphorisa, as expected, is a mansion owner. His magnificent apartment is situated in Midrand, Johannesburg. It is a beautiful two-storey building that is well-furnished. Unfortunately, details of its features and cost are yet to be publicized.