Cricket South Africa (CSA) has unveiled the itinerary for the Bangladesh tour to South Africa in September and October 2017.
As unveiled, the Bangladesh tour consists of two Sunfoil Test matches, three Momentum ODIs and two KFC T20 International matches.
BuzzSouthAfrica gathered that Bangladesh will be followed by India who are making a full tour across all three formats with four Sunfoil Test matches, five Momentum ODIs and three KFC T20 International matches.
Australia will come after the India tour for a series of four Sunfoil Test matches during February and March 2018. However, the fixtures are yet to be confirmed but will be announced in 2017.
Speaking, CSA Chief Executive, Haroon Lorgat said:
“Our scheduling discussions with the BCCI are in progress and we hope to be in a position to announce the fixtures for this tour in the New Year.
Another bumper season of attractive international cricket awaits our fans…India and Australia finished 2016 as the top teams on the ICC rankings list and this will give our players great incentive to perform at their very best.
We have not beaten Australia in a home Test series since unity and that surely must be good reason to perform in order to bank a notable first. Our fans can look forward to a really big 2017/18 home season for the Proteas.”
As culled from CSA, below are the details of the 2017/18 Bangladesh tour itinerary:
- September 21-23: Three-day tour match v SA Invitation XI, Sahara Park Willowmoore, Benoni, 10h00
- September 28-October 2: 1st Sunfoil Test match, Senwes Park, Potchefstroom, 10h00
- October 6-10: 2nd Sunfoil Test match, Mangaung Oval, Bloemfontein, 10h00
- October 12: One-day tour match v SA Invitation XI, Mangaung Oval, Bloemfontein, 10h00
- October 15: 1st Momentum ODI, Diamond Oval, Kimberley, 10h00
- October 18: 2nd Momentum ODI, Boland Park, Paarl, 10h00
- October 22: 3rd Momentum ODI, Buffalo Park, East London, 10h00
- October 26: 1st KFC T20 International, Mangaung Oval, Bloemfontein, 18h00
- October 29: 2nd KFC T20 International, Senwes Park, Potchefstroom, 14h30