The Cell C contract application, upgrade, and cancellation processes are open to contract subscribers only. The Cell C contract is a service that allows Cell C customers to join them on a contract for a specific number of months. The telecommunication organization is not the only company that offers this kind of option to customers; other networks do as well.
Subscribers of the Cell C contract do not pay cash when they purchase their desired cellphone or any other device. Instead, they are given certain months to pay for their gadget. Let’s get to know how to apply, upgrade, or cancel the Cell C contract.
What Exactly Is The Cell C Cellphone Contract?
The Cell C Cellphone contract is an offer by Cell C that allows subscribers to buy any gadget of their dreams, such as a cellphone, laptop, or tablet, without making payment instantly. Payments are made within certain months, after which the person decides the next step to take (regarding the contract) after completion of payment.
For instance, if you are someone that loves buying the latest phones or other devices, you can easily get them on contract from Cell C to pay later. However, certain requirements must be met before you can successfully seal the deal.
According to Cell C, these contracts usually run for 6,12,18, or 24 months, depending on what you purchased. Again, your income must be enough to cover the cost of buying the device. In other words, you will be able to buy a device in line with what you can afford.
Cell C equally runs a credit check on potential subscribers to determine their credit score. Only people with a positive credit score are given the contract, while people with a negative credit score are denied the opportunity to get the contract.
How To Apply For Cell C Contract Online
Cell C is yet to officially publish step-by-step procedures on how to apply for a Cell C contract online. Nevertheless, you can visit their official website to find out more on how to apply.
There are some unverified agencies that claim they help clients apply online for Cell C contracts. It’s up to you to check them out and how authentic their transactions are. You can visit this page for more information.
Cell C Online Contract Application Requirements
To apply for the Cell C contract online, here are the needed documents or requirements.
- Completed and signed subscriber agreement with all requests for value-added services initialed.
- Proof of income
- Proof of residence (any account depicting an address – postal or residential).
- A debit order
- South African National ID
- A driver’s license or a Passport.
Your proof of income can either be a payslip or a bank statement. However, you must submit a bank statement that should go back three months. This is one of the ways Cell C can determine whether you would be able to make the payments on any contract or not.
As a potential subscriber to the Cell C contract, your proof of residence could be in the form of a water account or light account. However, you are also allowed to use a retail account as proof of address, but it is expected that it should be less than three months old.
In addition, the minimum monthly income that is required to get a contract from Cell C is R3000. For South Africans, you need a copy of your South African ID. However, foreign nationals residing in the country legally can use their passport when signing up for a contract with Cell C.
For clarity purposes, the type of bank account a subscriber runs with a bank determines the exact document to present. Here’s a breakdown of what this means:
1. Savings and Transmission Accounts
Potential subscribers who have either a saving account or transmission account will present:
- Three months bank statements
- Two months’ bank statements and a copy of a recent payslip.
2. Normal Current Account
Potential subscribers who run a current account will present:
- One month’s bank statements and a copy of a recent payslip.
- Minimum of two months’ bank statements.
- A canceled cheque to verify account holder details.
3. Preferential Current Accounts
- One month’s bank statements
OR one month’s internet statements
- A canceled cheque to verify account holder details
- A copy of a linked credit card
4. Credit Card Accounts and Normal Credit Cards
- Proof of income or a recent payslip and a copy of credit card
- Two months’ bank statements and a copy of the credit card
5. Status Credit Cards and Private Banking
- Canceled cheque to verify account holder details from a linked account and a copy of credit card
- One month’s bank statements and a copy of the credit card
Cell C Contract Upgrade
Once you join Cell C as a contract subscriber, you automatically sign up for a 6,12,18, or 24-month contract with the telecommunication company, depending on your choice of contract duration.
Get free data and minutes every time you recharge with Cell C’s All-In-One starter pack! Recharge with R15, get an extra 120MB + 300 Cell C minutes FREE! The bigger your recharge, the bigger your reward! Get your starter pack at your nearest outlet! T&C apply. #ChangeYourWorld pic.twitter.com/xZXiKUypj3
— @CellC (@CellC) March 25, 2022
Now, when a subscriber’s contract expires, it is expected that the subscriber will renew the contract. At this point, what this means is that the subscriber can now upgrade his device (if applicable) and enter into a new contract.
First, you must be sure that you are due for an upgrade before embarking on it. There are several ways to determine if you are due for an upgrade. They include:
1. Call 135
- You can reach out to Cell C to inquire if you are due for an upgrade by dialing 135 on your phone.
- Then, choose option 9 to speak to a customer care representative.
2. USSD Codes
Dial *147*9# from your cellphone number, and your upgrade date will be displayed.
3. Cell C Mobile App
- Log in to your mobile using your password and username.
- Click on “Profile,” and your upgrade date should be shown in your profile.
4. Cell C Website
- Log in to Self-Service on www.cellc.co.za
- View details of your upgrade on the dashboard
5. Self-Service IVR
- Call 135
- Choose option 1, which stands for “Manage”
- Then select option 4, which is for “Upgrade Eligibility,” and you will be able to see it.
6. Cell C store
Many subscribers do not know when they are due for an upgrade. According to the telecom company, subscribers can renew their contract in the following months:
- End of month 6 on a 6-month contract.
- On month 11 on a 12-month contract.
- On month 16 on an 18-month contract.
- On month 21 on a 24-month contract.
Cell C contract upgrade is not entirely free for some subscribers while it is for others, depending on the method of upgrade. The way is being done is that the stores can charge you an administration fee of up to R150 when you upgrade your contract.
However, if the device that you have chosen is not covered by Cell C’s price plan, you will have to pay the amount of the cellphone that is not covered by the telecom company’s price plan. However, if you upgrade either through their Call Centre or online, you will not pay any upgrade fee.
There are so many benefits of upgrading your contract with Cell C. As gathered, here they are.
- You keep your cellphone number.
- You receive a new phone of your choice from their wide range.
- There are no lengthy credit checks, especially if you stay on the same tariff plan.
Note: For those who want to know when they will get their device
- If you upgrade at any of Cell C’s stores or approved upgrade outlets, you will receive your device immediately if the store or outlet has a stock of the device you have chosen.
- If you upgrade through their call center (084 145 or 084 143), and the store has a stock of the device you have chosen, your phone will be delivered to you within 3-7 working days.
Other Important Facts to Know About Upgrading On Cell C Contract
- Ensure that you ask the consultant about Cell C’s Value Added Services (VAS) that you may have loaded on your current contract and ask for the removal of those no longer applicable to your needs.
- Ensure to read the Terms and Conditions that apply to your contract before you upgrade. Feel free to download a copy of the Terms and Conditions from their website (www.cellc.co.za), or you can get a copy from any of their stores or approved upgrade outlets.
- While upgrading, make sure that you inquire about their VAS, such as C Surance or SMS bundles.
How To Cancel Cell C Contract
To cancel your contract, do the following:
- Dial 084 143 on your phone
- Select option 2, which goes to the cancellation department
- You will be duly notified that your cancellation process was successful if you eventually pull through.
- You are excepted to give Cell C SP 30 calendar days written notice or notice in any other recorded form of your intention to cancel the agreement. However, in the event of it being fiber services, one calendar month’s notice is required.
Does Cell C Provide Contract for Blacklisted?
After a thorough search, we could find an authentic document of Cell C agreeing to provide a contract for backlisted customers. In other words, it is difficult to tell if they do because there’s no information anywhere about the telecommunication company providing contracts for blacklisted customers or not. This could possibly mean that blacklisted do not qualify for the Cell C contract.
However, some agencies claim they help blacklisted customers get a new cellphone contract. Now being blacklisted means that a customer has a negative rating on his credit report, which is one of the common reasons customers are refused credit.
Payment defaults, administration orders, sequestration, or judgments are used to form a blacklist judgment. ATARA Finance, a South African online financial service provider, claim they can link customers with companies that can help them get a new Cellphone Contract and have all the benefits that a contract through Cell C can offer even if they are blacklisted.
According to the firm, you need the following to qualify:
- A South African green bar-coded ID
- A bank account where a debit order can be deducted.
- You must be 18 years or older.
- You must be earning a minimum Basic salary of R 3000.00 per month
- You must be employed for more than three months at your current employer.
Here Are Cell C Available Deals
1. Pinnacle Contract
The pinnacle contract covers your voice, SMS, and data need. The service allows subscribers to create their deals by choosing their preferred handset, contract term, and Pinnacle package.
This type of contract deal offers a range of wholesome plans at monthly pocket-friendly rates, including minutes, data, and SMS. On this package, unused benefits for the month are rolled over the next month.
Again, the lowest plan of 1GB goes for R129 while the highest plan on this contract (which is 20GB) is bought at R 999.
- It allows customers to sign-up for a month-to-month, 6, 12, 18, 24, or 36-month SIM-only contract.
- Handset deals are available on 24-month contract durations only.
- All your smartphone needs are encased in this contract deal.
- Cell C may, at any time, withdraw the Pinnacle Packages with notice to you.
- Any unused data, SMS allocation, and voice minutes are forfeited at month-end.
- Customers are not allowed to choose their contract term when they choose their Pinnacle package and handset. And you must take a 24 (twenty-four) month contract.
2. Smart Data
This contract deal on Cell C is specially designed for internet usage, especially for customers who oscillate between large data consumption and infrequent internet usage. It is for customers who are willing to have a long-term data contract that can run from
The lowest offering on this contract is 1GB, and it goes for an R79 monthly fee, while the highest, 100GB, is bought at R 1699.
Customers who pay for this data contract—as a monthly subscription are given a data-only SIM card that can be used on any internet-enabled device.
- Customers on the smart deal usually have enough data on their devices.
- It also comes with a free Nite Data plan
- Customers pay for a new bundle when they exhaust their monthly subscription.
Truth is, customers on bot packages save lots of money, but we can’t tell how much they save.
How To Pay Your Cell C Contract
Contract customers can view and pay their bills online and via the Cell C app. However, you can receive general and technical support via their customer care on 135 from your Cell C number or 084 135 from alternative lines.
According to the network provider, the working hours start from 06h00 to 22h00 daily. The call wait times have also increased.
What Happens When My Cell C Contract Expires?
Once your contract expires, the contract will start running on a month-to-month basis. For instance, they say you have a 24-month contract with Cell C. At the end of 24 months, if you take no action, the contract will automatically expire.
At this point, you will be moved over to a per-month contract. Sadly, you will lose the promotional pricing that you may have been enjoying all along if this happens.
However, you still have some options relating to your Cell C contract. They include:
Yes, you can choose to renew your contract with Cell C. Most customers who are happy with their current contract do this. So, you can go ahead to renew it.
Next, Cell C also allows its customers to cancel their contract when it expires. People who were not satisfied with their contract usually cancel their contract and what this entails is that they automatically end their relationship with the network provider.
Customers who choose to cancel their contract do not pay the penalty since cancellation will be happening at the end of the agreed-upon period.
3. New Cell C Contract
It’s also possible for you to get a different contract from Cell C. Perhaps you received a shiny phone as part of your current contract. And now you wish to change the phone because it is old and obsolete, so you can also get a new one through a new contract.
The best option to take regarding your contract is to either renew or cancel it before it expires because once the contract is moved to a monthly basis, you will be denied any promotional pricing that you may have had all along.