Dogs have always played an important role in the evolution of mankind. Not only have they been man’s most trusted companion, they have also been one of the best additions to many families around the world. Even though many believe that keeping dogs improves health and reduces stress around the household, dogs have played a much bigger role in our lives. Sometimes as a guard, sometimes as a friend, the reasons to keep a dog in your home are endless.
See Also: Most Dangerous Animals in Africa
Africa’s love for animals is well-known all over the world and dogs have been an important part of both their culture and history. Breeding few of the best breeds in the world, The South African Boerboel is one of those top mastiff breeds which has grabbed a lot of attention in recent times. Even though people have avoided mastiff’s as a pet for their families due to their sheer aggressiveness, The Boerboel has managed to crawl its way into many homes across the world which is part of why you need to understand what makes them so different and special, here are the 10 good Reasons You Should Buy South African Boerboel.
10 Reasons You Should Buy South African Boerboel
1. The South African Boerboel was originally bred as a defence against large predators, and they have still managed to hold on to that title of being one of the best guard dogs in the world against predators or intruders.
2. Not only in courage, but the South African Boerboel is one of the most agile dogs on the planet making them perfect as guard dogs.
3. One of the best abilities of Boerbole’s is the sheer tracking ability. Upon their first introduction as hunting companions, they were amongst those few dogs that could easily track wounded prey and return them to their masters without eating it themselves. This is one quality which many dogs lacked as even if they could track preys, they would end up eating them.
4. Unlike many breeds of big dogs in the world, The South African Boerboel is extremely intelligent compared to its peers. Which makes it very easy to train them and keep them around the family.
5. One big problem that many mastiff owners face is their sheer aggressiveness and bad temperament, which is why many mastiff owners keep them at a distance from family members. The South African Boerboel is one of those mastiffs which has a very good temperament and is also excellent with children, which makes them one of the best pets you can have for your family as they are not only capable of guarding their territory fiercely, but they are also excellent companions.
See Also: Largest and Smallest Animals of Africa
6. A big problem with many mastiffs is related to their health. Along with their ill temper, health has been one of the main reasons why many people avoid mastiffs, but with the South African Boerboel, it is quite the contrary. Boerboel is one of those dogs that have relatively good health and do not end up gaining too much weight, making them easy pet to keep in your home.
7. Not only with family members, but Boerboels are also extremely easy-going with other pets in the house as long as they don’t pose a threat to the family members. Few Boerboels are known to be so gentle with other animals, that they also allow them to eat their share of food.
8. When not spending their free time lazing around the house, Boerboel’s have an extremely high level of energy and playful nature which couple with their intelligence, makes them very easy to train. This playful nature is one of the main reasons that makes them one of the best stress busting dogs around.
9. Having short bristles like coats, these dogs are extremely easy to clean and maintain. If they get dirty during one of their play sessions, all they need is one quick dip and they will be more than ready to go for their next mud bath.
10. The final and most important addition to our list of 10 very good Reasons You Should Buy South African Boerboel is compatibility with visitors. The biggest problem that many mastiff owners face is that their beloved friend charges at visitors as they perceive any outsiders as a threat. But with The Boerboel it is extremely easy to make them people friendly. This is another aspect where their easy-going nature and intelligence comes into play, as a proper introduction to your visitors will make your South African Boerboel more than happy to welcome guests.