While at Bishop Dununu Ministries, axed SABC boss Hlaudi Motsoeneng expressed strong confidence that his future is very bright, despite the disaster plaguing his career presently.
The former SABC employee stated this on Sunday while speaking to congregants at the church, located in Witbank, in Mpumalanga. He was invited to speak at the church as part of the youth month service.
Speaking on the sideline, Bishop Dununu Ministries told reporters that Hlaudi was also invited so that special prayers will be made on his behalf.
In his speech, Hlaudi Motsoeneng said he believes his dismissal is just a test and that it is not the end of the road for him.
“South Africans are still going to see me. The dismissal of Hlaudi is the beginning of Hlaudi. I hold my future in my hands. The SABC is not the end of the world. For me, the dismissal means a better journey and better future. When you have troubles it is a test,” he told the congregants.
He also reiterated that no one has upgraded the SABC like he did, urging South Africans to support local talent and musicians.
Motsoeneng public appearance on Sunday was his first since he was dismissed from the public broadcaster last Monday.
Meanwhile, the Minister of Communications, Ayanda Dlodlo has revealed that Hlaudi received over R1.7 million while on suspension in the past six months. The revelation was in reply to a DA question in the National Assembly.
Hlaudi Motsoeneng was paid R1.7m while on suspension from 1 January 2017. pic.twitter.com/cv5uZnaFyC
— Phumzile Van Damme (@zilevandamme) June 19, 2017
Last week, Motsoeneng was dismissed by the SABC after he was found guilty in an internal disciplinary hearing. His April press briefing was the last straw that broke the camel’s back. He had insulted SABC board at the meeting and boasted that he would prevail in his disciplinary hearing.
Hlaudi’s disciplinary hearing was led by Nazeer Cassim and the team concluded its sitting by recommending Motsoeneng’s dismissal.
The team also instructed that no payout should be paid to him but will serve a month’s notice before permanently exiting the public broadcaster.