African Bank Limited users can contact the bank on their phone number 0861 111 011 and also reach customer care via call, social media, email, and webchat.
The mode of contact you choose may depend on your need, preference, and how urgent you need to speak to a customer service agent. Before reaching African Bank through any of the different methods listed in this article, it is important to note that not all African Bank contact channels are available 24/7. The bank has different contact platforms for new loan applications, savings and investments, insurance applications, credit life queries, document upload, debt counseling, lost or stolen cards, anonymous complaints, funeral cover service, and funeral claims. In this post, we will walk you through the different contact details of African Bank.
What is The African Bank Contact Number?
African Bank’s customer service number is 0861 111 011, however, the bank has other contact numbers for different needs. Putting a call through to African Bank Ltd. is most probably the easiest and fastest method of reaching the institution – and here are the different contact details:
Customer Service Center
For general customer service support, you can speak to an African Bank customer service agent by dialing 0861 111 011 on your mobile phone and 011 207 4500 via telephone. This number is available every Monday to Friday from 8 am to 7 pm and 8 am to 6 pm every Saturday and Sunday.
To report fraud or send queries, customers on the MyWORLD platform should dial 00861 123 456. This number is available from 8 am to 7 pm every Monday to Friday, and from 8 am to 6 pm on Saturdays and Sundays.
For Funeral Claims, you can contact African Bank Limited on 0860 000 0979. Please note that this number is only available from Monday to Friday – 8 pm – 5 pm. During weekends, the number may not be available so do well to take advantage of weekdays.
Funeral Cover Service
0860 000 0979 is the number with which you can contact African Bank for funeral cover service. This number is the same for Funeral Claims. For the purpose of funeral cover service, you can contact this number every weekday from 8 am to 5 pm and on Saturdays from 9 am to 1 pm.
If you wish to send information to the bank without revealing your identity, call 00800 633 633, or send a fax to 0864 944 107.
Lost or Stolen Cards
Immediately you notice that your card is missing, it is of uttermost importance that you reach out to the bank. Here are the numbers you can call for this purpose:
- +27 11 256 9988: Stop card international (you can use this number if you are outside South Africa)
- 0861 000 555 (Tel): This number should be used by individuals in South Africa
- 0861 000 555: Activation line
For debt counseling, call 011 256 9323. This number is available only from Mondays to Fridays 8 am to 4 pm.
Credit Life Queries
For Credit Life Queries, dial 0861 888 786, or 011 564 6827. You can reach either of these numbers every Monday to Friday from 8 am to 7 pm. Credit Life Queries contact details are not available on weekends.
To apply for insurance, dial 0860 000 975. The number is available from Mondays to Fridays, 8 am to 5 pm.
African Bank Loans Contact Details
For loan inquiries and applying for a new loan, here are the numbers through which you can contact African Bank Ltd.:
- New loan application – 0860 333 0004
- Where is my loan? (Inquiries) – 0861 111 011
Other African Bank Contact Numbers
Other numbers with which you can reach African Bank include:
- Savings and investments: 0860 494 940
- Collections: 011 207 4500
- Ethics and fraud: 0800 633 633
- Complaints and compliments: 0861 0111 011
African Bank Toll-Free Number
For the assistance of a customer service agent, call 0861 111 011. Unfortunately, their official website does not state whether this number is toll-free or not.
African Bank Email Address For Contact
The emailing system is another effective way through which you can reach African Bank Limited. However, you should note that your response may not be as swift as you would get when you call. Here are the different email addresses:
- Customer Service: [email protected]
- MyWORLD Customers: [email protected]
- Savings and Investments: [email protected]
- Insurance Applications: [email protected]
- Credit Life Queries: [email protected]
- Document Upload: [email protected]
- Debt Counseling: [email protected]
- Anonymous Complaints: [email protected]
- Funeral Cover Service: [email protected]
- Funeral Claims: [email protected]
You Can Also Reach African Bank Via Social Media
You can reach out to African Bank via Whatsapp, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
African Bank WhatsApp Number
Through the African Bank Whatsapp number, you can receive support from the bank when you need it. Here is how to go about the process:
- Save 0600 123 0716 on your contact list as ‘African Bank’
- Open your Whatsapp
- Refresh your contact list
- Search for African Bank
- Send ‘Hi’
- Follow the prompts
You can reach African Bank Limited on Facebook either by sending direct messages or by commenting on their recent posts. The official page has over 265k likes. Here is how to go about it:
- Open your Facebook account
- Search for African Bank
- Click on the messenger icon
- Send your reason for contacting them
You can also put a call through to the bank from Facebook, by tapping the ‘call now’ button on their Facebook profile. African Bank Ltd. is very responsive on Facebook and they always respond to complaints in their comment section.
You can contact African Bank via Twitter by doing the doing:
- Open your Twitter account
- Search for ‘African Bank’
- Open African Bank profile
- Tap on the message icon
- Type in your message and send
- A customer service agent should respond to you
The comment section is also open for you to send in complaints and compliments. The official account is verified and has over 64k followers.
The official African Bank Instagram account is not yet verified. However, it has over 10k followers, and more than a thousand posts. Here is how to reach out to Africans Bank via Instagram:
- Open your Instagram account
- Search for ‘@african_bank’
- Select the appropriate African Bank handle
- Tap on the ‘message’ button
- Send your message and a customer service agent will respond to you.
You Can Contact African Bank Through Web Chat
You can chat with an African Bank customer service agent on their official website. Please note that you will need a smartphone or internet-enabled device and available data to do this. Here is how it works:
- Visit the official African Bank website
- Peruse the screen of the home page for the ‘web chat’ button
- Click on the green webchat button
- Enter your name and email address
- Click on get started
- Follow the prompts
African Bank Head Office Contact Details
You can reach the African Bank head office by visiting the offline address, sending a postal mail, or via call.
- Offline address: 59 16th Road, Midrand, Johannesburg
- Postal Address: Private Bag x170, Midrand, 1685 Johannesburg
- Call: 0861 111 011
We hope this article has made it easier for you to reach out to African Bank.